09/23/2011
10:18 P.M.
Departure Scan
09/23/2011
5:31 P.M.
Pickup Scan
09/23/2011
4:28 P.M.
The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
United States
09/23/2011
10:37 A.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Great job so far gents. Staples, I liked the video, I am very anti knockdown shots. I think full swings produce better results

The sun is out, things seem to be drying up rather nicely, and I'm itching to get to the range. It was bitter sweet taking the RXT's out of the bag this morning. They've been fantastic irons and they've served me well. However, the R11's sure do look wonderful in my bag. I love the addition of the 3iron but now I have a massive gap in the bottom of my bag. I don't have a gap wedge and I will be going from the R11 PW (45*) to the Callaway JAWS (55*). One thing I will be looking at on the range is some serious versatility in my PW.

That's going to be a challenge, TC. I don't have a doubt that you can figure it out.

That's going to be a challenge, TC. I don't have a doubt that you can figure it out.

It's certainly not ideal dude. We'll see how I go for a little while but I'm almost positive it's a problem that will need to be addressed.

The sun is out, things seem to be drying up rather nicely, and I'm itching to get to the range. It was bitter sweet taking the RXT's out of the bag this morning. They've been fantastic irons and they've served me well. However, the R11's sure do look wonderful in my bag. I love the addition of the 3iron but now I have a massive gap in the bottom of my bag. I don't have a gap wedge and I will be going from the R11 PW (45*) to the Callaway JAWS (55*). One thing I will be looking at on the range is some serious versatility in my PW.

Thats an easy one to figure out. You need a 50* wedge and since you are gaming the JAWS CC you need the 50* version.

Thats an easy one to figure out. You need a 50* wedge and since you are gaming the JAWS CC you need the 50*.

Yeah, that would be the smart thing to do.

Yeah, that would be the smart thing to do.

Grab some bait and make it happen. Unless of course you're pondering new wedges but there's a thread for that.

you're a good problem solver TC....you've got some interesting options ahead of you so I don't doubt you'll have something figured out pronto

Almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Houston, TX, United States09/27/201 13:27 A.M.Arrival Scan
Jacksonville, FL, United States09/26/20114:41 A.M.Departure Scan
Jacksonville, FL, United States09/24/20111:33 A.M.Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States09/23/201110:18 P.M.Departure Scan
09/23/20115:31 P.M.Pickup Scan
09/23/20114:28 P.M.The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
United States09/23/201110:37 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

i thought i would crash the website when mine were on the way here going and checking to make sure everything was going ok on their trip here.

Taylormade R11 Iron Testing
Date-9/27/11
IronsUsed- Taylormade R11 Irons 4-AW Stiff Flex Steel Shafts
Previous Irons-Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-AW Stiff Flex Steel Shafts
Ball Used-Taylormade Burners
Testing Conditions- Indoors
Location-Golftec

Had a really great lesson today. After my instructor was drooling over my new irons and told me he is gonna have to hit them again because they looked so good. ( i had to agree with him there) We worked more on my backswing and proper wrist hinge. I ended up just doing 100 swings at slow speed just trying to instill the things that we went over. So after doing that i decided why not hit each of my clubs and get some #'s from them off the launch monitor since some of my distances seemed a little off. or my gaps were to big. I'll get to those numbers in a minute. i Spoke to my instructor about what Thainer had asked about yesterday saying

" That is a large gap between your 4i and PW. 90 yds or so. From my experience with teaching, learning, and playing, that is a 25-40 yd distance loss at least. Do you know why that could be? Are those distances CARRY distances?"

My instructor said he believes that with my swing. which i am already seeing much improvement on. was having me come over the top on a steep angle of attack and i would hit the ball on my upswing and i "cup" the ball while im hitting it. He also said that he believes once we start working on my transition my gaps should be closer together with my irons and a lot more consistent. I should be hitting through the ball more instead of hitting from under it. He said that im almost adding loft to all of my irons when i hit. So once i get this worked out ill hopefully have a lower ball flight. My swing was pretty unorthodox so like my instructor said it could be a lot of things but thats part of the reason he believes. i also had a reverse pivot in my backswing so it was harder to make consistent swings. I hope that helps with your questions. the distances from today were Carry distances so here they are.

I hit every club 3-5 times and once i thought i hit a solid shot for the averages i took down the info. Most of them were very close to each other. Which once again proves to me that the distances are very consistent.

Club /Distance /Ball Speed /Club head speed.
AW /113 /76 /XX
PW /131 /88 /90
9 Iron /143 /95 /95
8 Iron /156 /104 /XX
7 Iron /174 /115 /110
6 Iron /188 /125 /114
5 Iron /198 /131 /XX
4 Iron /207 /136 /127

So it looks like my PW distance was off my first range session with these irons and im hitting it around 130 yards which was my normal distance actually almost all my clubs are very close to my old distances. I just must have been aiming at the 120 marker the first time out and not hitting a full shot like i was trying to do. Guess in my head i just wanna go for the pin subconsciously. (wish that came out on the course more often) lol
Again i can't express enough how good the feel is on these irons. Every time i hit a good shot i looked right at the monitor cause i knew the numbers i would expect would be there and right there they were. Another thing i wanted to talk about after hitting again today is how easy they are to hit. After warming up before my lesson i snapped a quick picture of the ball marks on the face of my club. i think these clubs are just as easy to hit square on the face as my GI irons. But these have a better feel and workability than my old irons. To be honest the feel isn't even close IMO. These are 100 times better. Heres two pics of the club face of my 6 iron after my warm up.

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

I did hit a couple off the heal but i was warming up so i wasn't to upset about it. checking my clubs after every shots when i was getting distances they were all in the center of the club face. These faces are def just as big or bigger than what i was used to. Anyway weather is looking iffy the rest of the week but i def wanna get out and play prob tomorrow or thursday. see what the golf gods have in store for me.

Have fun out there dude, I can't wait to hear how this goes for you. I know you'll get that PW versatility down in no time!

Nice Bucky! Love seeing some numbers bro. Man, I have a nice write up I'm working on right now as I had my first range session today.

Nice info Buckjob, like looking at the launch monitor data. Solid work my friend.

Nice job Bucky!

Bucky, very nice dude. That was an excellent read for sure, cannot wait for more!

Great info Bucky, you have been bringing it so far. You are seeing about the exact same yardages and numbers that I have been.

Nice job buckjob. How does that compare to your old set and what were they?

Nice Bucky! Love seeing some numbers bro. Man, I have a nice write up I'm working on right now as I had my first range session today.

Thanks TC i think that ive become more open to launch monitor numbers now. for a long time i didn't believe everything about them because of Golf Galaxy telling me id hit my 6 iron 220 yards when i bought my Burner 2.0s. But Golftec isn't trying to sell me anything more than more lessons which i need so its nice seeing solid numbers. Cant wait to read your write up.

Nice job buckjob. How does that compare to your old set and what were they?

I had the Burner 2.0s before distance wise they are very very close. Which is nice cause im not guessing what club i should hit with new distances i mainly grab the same club or clubs and go get a pin distance and hit what i have been used to hitting. As far as feel and such. i don't think the burners are even close to how these feel. I think the burners may be a little more forgiving on mishits on the toe or heal but my ball striking has always been a stronger point to my game. But the R11s are no slouch in the forgiveness category. I havn't hit to many bad shots with them yet (like off the toe or heal) my big miss is chunking the ball so i hope after my next round or 2 i can get some more info on that and get back to everyone.

Great post Bucky! After hearing how well everyone liked the 2.0's and then seeing your experience with these, it seems like a must try club for me. Looking forward to seeing how it all translates on the course if the weather holds up for you.

Great post Bucky! After hearing how well everyone liked the 2.0's and then seeing your experience with these, it seems like a must try club for me. Looking forward to seeing how it all translates on the course if the weather holds up for you.

Thanks Cookie, Id def hit both and see what works for you. if youre looking for new irons. i hit the CBs and i couldn't hit them that well. I have an outside in swing and i was slicing them a lot. I def still need forgiveness in a club. I mean im working on fixing my swing and its getting better but I think for my game right now these are a great fit. Id still love to get a set of player irons someday at least to see what all the hypes about. I think these are a great fit for someone who is in between a GI iron and Player irons. I was so hoping they would be and from what im seeing so far they are fitting right in where i thought they would.

Back