TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

My fat shots are a product of a poor swing. I hit fat shots with my previous irons from time to time but usually when it really wet.

I was really pondering these irons over the weekend. Even though I love the used set of R9 TPs I have, I want the distance from the R11s. I felt like I was playing everything shorter this weekend. I think it might have been the cool weather. I might have to see what I can work out down the road with these irons.

You will not be disappointed if you do. They are a solid offering....
I was really pondering these irons over the weekend. Even though I love the used set of R9 TPs I have, I want the distance from the R11s. I felt like I was playing everything shorter this weekend. I think it might have been the cool weather. I might have to see what I can work out down the road with these irons.

At least you know that looking down at them will be an easy transition. I'm with you, I find it very tough to give up the distance from stronger lofted irons. The cooler weather may have had something to do with the distance loss as well.

I think you'll like everything about the R11's buddy.

You will not be disappointed if you do. They are a solid offering....

At least you know that looking down at them will be an easy transition. I'm with you, I find it very tough to give up the distance from stronger lofted irons. The cooler weather may have had something to do with the distance loss as well.

I think you'll like everything about the R11's buddy.

Thanks guys. I am not sure if this is a Hawk ponder or a full on yet. I am going to keep playing with the R9 TPs for the moment and maybe get those after Christmas gift cards come in. They sure are nice irons.

Thanks guys. I am not sure if this is a coolbreeze ponder or a full on yet. I am going to keep playing with the R9 TPs for the moment and maybe get those after Christmas gift cards come in. They sure are nice irons.

lol fify.. well its a great ponder whatever it is. These clubs really offer a great all around package.

LOL at a Hawk ponder. I'd just go to full OEM mode, dmb. Sounds like these are a complete package from TM.

lol fify.. well its a great ponder whatever it is. These clubs really offer a great all around package.

Yeah. It is so much easier to pull the trigger on wedge or putter ponders. When you go big like iron ponders, it takes a while longer for me.

Thanks guys. I am not sure if this is a Hawk ponder or a full on yet. I am going to keep playing with the R9 TPs for the moment and maybe get those after Christmas gift cards come in. They sure are nice irons.

I gamed the TP's for a while and they can't compete with the R11's. Way more forgiveness, softer feel, and probably a club longer make the R11's a winner.

John Deere Tappin...

I gamed the TP's for a while and they can't compete with the R11's. Way more forgiveness, softer feel, and probably a club longer make the R11's a winner.

John Deere Tappin...

Full on DJ stamp of approval! Buy them dmb!

John Deere Tappin...

Im with DJ here. Bringing it R11 style.

With your swing it's safe to assume you can play anything. But that in my opinion was a great nod to the R11s

John Deere Tappin...

Full on DJ stamp of approval! Buy them dmb!

I just OEMed them because of you TC. HAHAHA I will start my Craigslist search for them.

Wasn't there a set for sale on THP? Make the guy an offer, I think he won them in tournament

Wasn't there a set for sale on THP? Make the guy an offer, I think he won them in tournament

I was just picking with TC. He likes to kid me for my Craigslist deals.

Had my first range session with the R11's since we had the baby. All I can say is, it was far too long! I wanted to mostly spend my time with the scoring irons in hand as I believe that's the best way for me to get back into utilizing the golf muscles again. I started out kind of poorly actually, it wasn't all that attractive. I saw some low, lining screamers and I hate that shot worse than a fat shot with a PW. It was pretty clear that I was getting way to quick in my transition and not putting a golf swing on the ball. I settled in to a nice rhythm after a few putrid balls and picked up exactly where I left off with these irons. One thing that really stuck out to me was the sound at impact. It's something I've been paying attention to a lot here lately with most of my clubs, and I love how audible and cracking the sound off the R11 irons are. It seems like I'm becoming more and more conscious about the little aesthetic pleasers in a golf club (looks in the bag, at address) and I want to throw sound in to that category as well. If I like the sound, the look, then I'm finding that it almost begs for better golf shots. For me, do the R11 irons make me a better golfer? I would answer yes to that. I'm cocky b/c they're in my bag, I'm confident over the ball, and I love the sound. All great ingredients for a successful ball striking day.

I was wondering if you were getting the itch. Glad you got back out there.

I was wondering if you were getting the itch. Glad you got back out there.

hahaha, you know it dude. I've been outside with Junior a lot the past week so I've been looking at them and swinging them, just didn't have a chance to range it up until today. I missed them. I looked seriously rusty and tired to start out but fell back into a nice rhythm for the last 3/4 of my range session. I was talking to One-T today and I was recommending these irons to him. It's very hard to find a fault in them Hawk.

There is nothing I like more than hearing a well struck golf ball. You know when you're at the cart and you arent watching your playing partner hit but you know it was good cuz of the sound. That's what I hear when I hit the R11s. Glad you got back out there TC

There is nothing I like more than hearing a well struck golf ball. You know when you're at the cart and you arent watching your playing partner hit but you know it was good cuz of the sound. That's what I hear when I hit the R11s. Glad you got back out there TC

Thanks brother! It was a timely range session for me. I needed to get out there for sure. I know exactly what you mean by just hearing a good golf shot being struck. These babies are a good kind of audible for me!

You're so wrapped up with kids, yet able to create different names for me. **mind explodes**

I really love the reviews from all of you, I haven't posted in here much but have lurked a ton. I have hit these and loved them way more than my burners they just had a smooth feel to them for some reason.

I really want to hear them in person.

The nice thing is that they should offer you a little help with the rust. I know that even taking a week off hurts my swing. When you factor all the other stuff that you have going on, I can't hlep but think you're going to be happy with the forgiveness aspect.

Nice vids Tad. It's pretty neat to hear you talk about the shots and the clubs you choose in relation to the hole being that I've played that course a bunch of times. Love the chipping advice as well and I will be trying those out. Was that the green on #18?

Nice vids Tad. It's pretty neat to hear you talk about the shots and the clubs you choose in relation to the hole being that I've played that course a bunch of times. Love the chipping advice as well and I will be trying those out. Was that the green on #18?

My man, that sure was....it was great to be on the back all by myself with the R11s. Thanks for the words

My man, that sure was....it was great to be on the back all by myself with the R11s. Thanks for the words

It's nice to be out there where you can hear yourself think. Great job buddy and can't wait to hear more.

Back