TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

Make sure you guys read the link frontpage article, a TON of tech talk in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The top line seems pretty thick but otherwise they look good. Can't wait to see these in person.

Jayhawk Tappin'

I wonder what the tour version of this iron will look like. I'm guessing it will be the zebra iron we saw? That looked like it had a thinner sole than this.
Wonder how deep the slot goes. You'd need a thicker head in general due to add the slot and compensate for weight loss.

After that read these have me very interested now. Looking forward to more information!

Also, I can't help but think of Rollerbladez when I see the the little RBlaedz on the back. Every time I hit a wurm-burner I would have to make a clever rollerblades joke.

Make sure you guys read the link frontpage article, a TON of tech talk in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right. Go check the write up on the home page!

I'd love a look at the Tour model as well. I like what I read so far though!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

They certainly have a nice look to them.. The speed slot intrigues the heck out of me, as does the idea of a Tp version. Thanks for the preview THP!

Taylormade has put out some great looking product over the years and then they always seem to put out something a little suspect. These would fall in the suspect category for me.

I really like the look of these, minus the grey face. I have my doubts about their claims as I usually seem to with Taylormade, but I will swing some for myself and decide. I wasn't aware that inconsistent yardage from irons was a major issue, and the "speedslot" thing to me seems like a marketing ploy. I have an Adams F12 3 wood with a speedslot and it doesn't increase my club head speed compared to my other 3 woods in any way.

It seems like an insult to our intelligence to tell us that irons haven't advanced that much for such a long time, meanwhile, year after year we have been told that their new irons are packed full of technology and will make your game better.

I guess they're going all-out with the patents they got from Adams.

I think I prefer the zebra look to that medallion.

I really like the look of these, minus the grey face. I have my doubts about their claims as I usually seem to with Taylormade, but I will swing some for myself and decide. I wasn't aware that inconsistent yardage from irons was a major issue, and the "speedslot" thing to me seems like a marketing ploy. I have an Adams F12 3 wood with a speedslot and it doesn't increase my club head speed compared to my other 3 woods in any way.

It seems like an insult to our intelligence to tell us that irons haven't advanced that much for such a long time, meanwhile, year after year we have been told that their new irons are packed full of technology and will make your game better.

In all fairness to Adams, the Velocity Slot is meant to increase ball speed, not clubhead speed.

Different materials can account for weight loss, if youre even trying to.
I understand. Just didn't read anything about multi-metal composition. Similarly to Nike's method putter, they added a floating face filled with a polymer. Had to add tungesten weights to account for the weight loss. It's an early release so I'm sure there's more information to come.

Like the looks. Don't care for the technobabble. Again, if every claimed performance / distance gain was true, I'd hit a 5i 370 by this point.
A bit of marketing, a bit of performance...they'll sell these. I'd really like to see a head to head with these and the Burner 2.0's.

I like the change in look and going a different direction there. I reckon I'll like the look a little better in person as is normally the case. People need to stop taking the name literally because I dont think these are meant to be anything close to a "blade". I think its more of an evolution of the RBZ line.

Very cool, this may be the first distance iron that really catches my attention and I love that they incorporated a way to bent the lie angle. These look cool ! I hope they look good standing over them.

I like the change in look and going a different direction there. I reckon I'll like the look a little better in person as is normally the case. People need to stop taking the name literally because I dont think these are meant to be anything close to a "blade". I think its more of an evolution of the RBZ line.

So why didnt they just call it RocketPutterz? Or RocketDrivers? They arent either of those, either.

They wouldve been better off calling them RocketSpeed or something else just as lame, although it wouldnt allow them to umbrella the RBZ name.

Not bad looking. The name is goofy just like the RBZ name was. Will be interesting to see if they really are as long as they claim they are.

Honestly looks like AP2, Diablo and i20 all squished together to me...but those are 3 good irons. I'm sure this will be a solid offering.

Guess I just struggle to find the good in an iron that is "freakishly longer".

I want better control, easier to hit, better turf interaction.....not 25 yards longer when I hit the sweet spot. Sorry, but a 175 yard 8 iron does nothing for me except create gaps in my distance.

I talk and Siri types. From the iPhone 5.

I like the concept but enough with the awful names Taylormade.

I want better control, easier to hit, better turf interaction.....not 25 yards longer when I hit the sweet spot. Sorry, but a 175 yard 8 iron does nothing for me except create gaps in my distance.

You don't like knuckleballs that are impossible to hold greens with?

Good point.

Back