TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

A really good looking irons. The yellow kinds pops and idea of filling the back to prevent debris build up

If I get these I will go to town with paint fills. I love the yellow it's bold

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

i-w7rtZ6f-L.jpg

If I get these I will go to town with paint fills. I love the yellow it's bold

Tapping & autocorrecting

-Stanley Hudson

Interesting where would you go from hear with it

Interesting where would you go from hear with it

The taylormade logo first would be blue and then I would add a color that complements them on the number, that's what I think so far

Tapping & autocorrecting

-Stanley Hudson

I'd paintfill the numbers yellow, and the "T" in Taylormade

I'm kind of a fan of the black numbers so they'd stay as is for me. Def the "T" would be yellow

The taylormade logo first would be blue and then I would add a color that complements them on the number, that's what I think so far

What about the grey bar above the Rbladez in yellow so when the clubs is on the ground the 2 lines would form a "T"

I'm kind of a fan of the black numbers so they'd stay as is for me. Def the "T" would be yellow

What about the grey bar above the Rbladez in yellow so when the clubs is on the ground the 2 lines would form a "T"

That's a great idea!

Tapping & autocorrecting

-Stanley Hudson

I'm really liking these. Very curious to hit these and see what the velocity slot does.

On TM's website, they advertise these as being 11 yards longer that X22. I find this a bit interesting. Are X22 irons still that popular? I would think they would compare it to the Razr X irons or something.

On TM's website, they advertise these as being 11 yards longer that X22. I find this a bit interesting. Are X22 irons still that popular? I would think they would compare it to the Razr X irons or something.

Odd they would compare them to a club from 2009.

I am liking the look of the irons and definitely will stop by golfsmith when they're available to give them a try.

Odd they would compare them to a club from 2009.

That in itself should tell you something. I'd rather see claims about more accuracy than distance. Just my opinion though.

if you go HERE you can see what I am talking about. It is the third slide in the little slide show thingy on the top. There is also a space on the bottom where you can compare the distance to different clubs.

Edit: Scroll up to see what I am talking about as the link I provided shows the comparison tool first.

I like the looks of them, question is do they perform better than what I have. Can't wait to hit these.

Tour model looks nice. They are really making some lofty claims, but really, how important is distance. I'd prefer easier to hit. But then maybe I could replace a 4 iron with a 6, if they are really so long. Hopefully they don't throw knuckleballs like the RBZs do. Also, I hate yellow.

I wpuld like to hit the Tour version. The regular looks a little chunky for me.

just watched the Video on Taylormades website about these Irons man i want to hit these now. if they are as accurate as they say they are i'd def be interested in these.

Interesting look!
The name is pretty dumb as usual, and I'm not a fan of the irons itself, but the wedges look sweet.

I'd tend to think it doesn't go too high because the tech talk says it is to make thinned shots better. So I bet it stays at the lower end of the face.

See I wonder though because I read on the homepage the face is thinner. So they have to lose that somewhere. I would like to see one sliced in half to see the inside of it. I get the part of what they say about the amateur miss being low. But if you thin one doesn't it seem like those go as far if not farther? Why do I need added distance on my low miss?

Nice looks, interesting to call them blades, their a lot more GI looking that expected.

For all the hype I will stick with my 2.0.

See I wonder though because I read on the homepage the face is thinner. So they have to lose that somewhere. I would like to see one sliced in half to see the inside of it. I get the part of what they say about the amateur miss being low. But if you thin one doesn't it seem like those go as far if not farther? Why do I need added distance on my low miss?

I don't know about you but I don't find my thinned long iron shots to go further. The speed slot is only on the 3-7 irons.

I would like to compare them with the RBZ irons, to see what changes have come down the pike.

I'm just not into these. Maybe I'm just tired of having "more distance" shoved down my throat and "x amount of yards longer than ...." . They also leave me confused. The slot is in the irons up to the 7 iron and the 8-gap do not have the slot so are the players going to see a large drop off in yardage? I think you would the velocity slot is designed to go 11 yards further than a 2009 club. Strange that the Bladz 5 iron had a loft of 23* and the x-22 5 iron has a loft of 27* I would hope with a gap like that it would be 11 yards longer if not more.

I am kinda with ya scrap. Yet I will hit these senseless. Those are some bold claims.

Perhaps if I am correct, and JB was holding a bladez in the Lamkin vid. Perhaps if I am correct, JB would like to give initial thoughts. Are they really that much of a game changer? I find it hard to believe but am willing to be surprised

Back