TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

On the site, To bad you can't compare them to the RBZ or R11 for distance

See I wonder though because I read on the homepage the face is thinner. So they have to lose that somewhere. I would like to see one sliced in half to see the inside of it. I get the part of what they say about the amateur miss being low. But if you thin one doesn't it seem like those go as far if not farther? Why do I need added distance on my low miss?

RBladez_zpsa97a5fad.png

These are a nice, clean looking set of irons. I'll be sure to try and hit them in the next six months, and if I like them, I'll look at picking them up in 18 months when they are replaced with the Rocketbladez++ (now with a bigger speed slot :banana:).

I do find it strange that they would try to use the term 'blade' with these irons. Are all of us high handicappers going to go around claiming that we are playing 'blades' instead of cavity backs, now?

I think that calling them bladez is a stroke of genius. I may be in the minority, but I actually like the name.

I think that calling them bladez is a stroke of genius. I may be in the minority, but I actually like the name.

Of course it's genius. Only a small % of folks will find it annoying.

Bladez = Bad Arse irons :D. I bet the new TM Bladez caps will be awesome too!

Guy just preordered an entire set of these sight unseen. Tells me he's been the business for 45 years and knows what his clients need.

I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes the look. Yes, the Tour's obviously look sleeker, but I like these a good bit too as far as my eye goes.

Exactly what Kmac said in this thread yesterday while everyone b*tched about them not really being blades and omg what am I going to do with my gaps. :beat-up:

Exactly what Kmac said in this thread yesterday while everyone b*tched about them not really being blades and omg what am I going to do with my gaps. :beat-up:

Haha! WHY would I want an 8i that goes 185 yards? Oh, what? There's no slot in the 8i and its the same loft as the RBZ's? Um......well still.

Hehe

You sure did man. I should have backed ya up. My bad bro.

I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes the look. Yes, the Tour's obviously look sleeker, but I like these a good bit too as far as my eye goes.
I am with you bro!

I don't know about you but I don't find my thinned long iron shots to go further. The speed slot is only on the 3-7 irons.

Well I guess that is true. I guess I didn't think about that. Way to keep me in check Dam..lol

On the site, To bad you can't compare them to the RBZ or R11 for distance

I was thinking the same thing, I'd love to compare them to my TM TP CBs.

Since I got the daily boot the first time, attempt #2 at this post.

Count me in that minority too, crazy gap blowing up lofts and all I like the look.
Haha! WHY would I want an 8i that goes 185 yards? Oh, what? There's no slot in the 8i and its the same loft as the RBZ's? Um......well still.

Hehe
I'll take TWO!
You sure did man. I should have backed ya up. My bad bro.
No worries bro beans, were on the same page.

All I know is I think these look way better than the RBZ's, slot tech or not. I loved my 2.0's and the RBZ's were a looks let down IMO compared to those, these are bit more back on track for my eye.

Just got an email from KBS that the tours will be stock on the rocketbladez tour irons. Pretty sweet.

I like it too little buddy

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

It's not the Bladez part I dont like. Its the whole Rocket stuff that just seems cheesy, especially RocketFuel.

OK, so, the more I think about this and look at the pic's, I'd love to see some side by side with the RBZ's, to me these look to have a bit thinner build to them. Not the "Tour" version thin of course, but a bit more-so than the RBZ's. I could be crazy though.

My understanding is that these enable the mis-hit/thins i experience with my current irons to become closer to the clean strikes I get out of the middle? They've basically enlarged the sweet spot through all the technology etc? - If I'm wrong please correct me!!!

If that is really the case regardless of loft/distance arguments and your opinions about the name etc that's going to draw a lot of people to the product.

My understanding is that these enable the mis-hit/thins i experience with my current irons to become closer to the clean strikes I get out of the middle? They've basically enlarged the sweet spot through all the technology etc? - If I'm wrong please correct me!!!

If that is really the case regardless of loft/distance arguments and your opinions about the name etc that's going to draw a lot of people to the product.

Yeah what you said sounds about right. Better thins are awesome!

So here is a real hands down question..

So Adams created the velocity slot iron (hybrid) (4 thru 7) with transition irons all the way to the wedges, should we believe this is indeed a breakthrough technology?, I play the Adams a12os Irons and I absolutelly love the velocity slot thing..., do you think Taylormade implemented it in pure irons because they really created it or because out of the 2 brands TM is the most marketing maniac?

Second question... is it worth it for me to dump my a12os irons (hybrids 4-7) for this Rocketbladez?, and my question has a lot to do with the fact that the Tech V4 set has the see thru velocity slot.. so you can actually see thru the club! (Rockerbladez2.0?)

Back