TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

Yeah, the main root point is that personally, I won't give up accuracy for distance. I don't care if I can hit 9 irons 175. If I can't hit it on a line, then I don't want them in my bag. Period. That's the main point I'm trying to get too.

Remember though, the speed slot is only up to the 7i. Plus, the loft of the 9i is pretty much what you see in most irons today, only 1* lower than the i20 9i.

Dang, that Tour version reminds me instantly of the Razr X Tours for some odd reason.
I agree.

Very nice looking clubs. Can't wait to hit these. Pretty much the same specs as the RBZ. I'm sure I will be replacing my 4 and 5 irons with these.

I would hope they feel better than the RBZ irons. I got the 5 iron still sitting in my basement. I absolutely HATED the feel of those.

I never really hit those irons. They always looked clunky to me.

Okay, I'm instantly in pondering mode now. I'm think about getting the 3 iron and turning it into a driving iron. Or getting a combo where the 3-5 Irons would be the regular model and the 6-9 irons would be the Tour model.

Dang, I need to slow down a little bit.

I thought the RBZ's were the lightest feeling iron I'd ever touched and I didn't like that much.

What happens when dirt and mud gets in that 2mm slot. How do they propose I clean that out?

~Rock
It's filled with polymer as mentioned earlier.

Shaft: RocketFuel™ 85 Steel - S,R

has anyone seen that is the stock shaft offering in the regular version? LOL

rocketfuel ... SMH

wonder who is making that shaft

Interesting looking package of looks and claimed performance. I would be interested if they are as good as advertised.

Remember though, the speed slot is only up to the 7i. Plus, the loft of the 9i is pretty much what you see in most irons today, only 1* lower than the i20 9i.

Okay, yeah. But you get the point I'm trying to make I hope.

What if you're as accurate with this 8 iron as your 8 iron but hit it further? It's nice to have 8 iron accuracy from 175 versus maybe 6 iron accuracy. At least that's my thinking.

Exactly. I still hate the name and looks however.

Why is loft such a big deal to some? Isn't launch angle more important?

I'm surprised nobody has complained about where the club number is located:alien:

I'm surprised nobody has complained about where the club number is located:alien:

HAHAHA. I see what you did there. Funny stuff buddy. I just laughed out loud in my Math class and got weird looks #WorthIt

I'm glad they didn't make the 4 and 5 irons bulky like the RBZ irons. Hope these go over well for TM and the golfing public!

Why is loft such a big deal to some? Isn't launch angle more important?

Because its something to focus on/complain about. Different strokes for different folks though naturally, I could actually care less about loft, all that matters is I know how far each shot travels for MY game.

I feel like I'm reading the intro thread for the Rocketballz or even the Burner 2.0. Almost the identical pros and cons being run out. I think that if TM has proved one thing it is that they are not afraid to stir the pot, make lofty claims, and in varying stages of success, back up those claims.

Like anything they look worth a hit. My greatest concern is the same as most of you folk...are the distances consistent?

You can keep the non-tour model. The tour version looks really good but I need to see the top line first. TM in all their marketing glory instantly make these clubs must hits. While they are good looking and claim added distance I'm sure those two things will appeal to a lot of people. I'm interested in how they will feel. But well done on TM to generate a lot of buzz...

These look pretty interesting, I like that they aren't as bulky as the RBZ irons and the little speed slot intrigues me. If I event get these or other RBZ blades I'll go with KBS your reg shafts- They look interesting. I liked the idea behind the RBZ irons when they came out but the
Bulk made me laugh at them.

JB would you say that offset is as much as say the burner and RBZ lines from previous years?

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

This would look sweet with some yellow paint fill. hmmmmm...

I'm really looking forward to hitting these irons.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

After all of the Sergio ad hype in the past few weeks, I'm underwhelmed with the looks of these.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait to read the THP review on these. They definately look interesting. They took a cue from PING with the hosel notch for adjusting lie angle.

JB would you say that offset is as much as say the burner and RBZ lines from previous years?

Tapping & autocorrecting

"Life is short, Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
-Stanley Hudson

Yes I would or very close.

I actually kind of like the looks of these. Definitely worth a hit. Thanks for the pics, heading to the homepage now.

Back