The Car Shopping Thread

Only one payment left on the 5 year old Subaru Forester we bought new. My wife loves it but she’s been eyeing the Subaru Ascent since she got the Forester. We have a Thule roof rack that I think provides all the storage we need. I’m not keen on picking up a loan so quickly after paying one off.

Only one payment left on the 5 year old Subaru Forester we bought new. My wife loves it but she’s been eyeing the Subaru Ascent since she got the Forester. We have a Thule roof rack that I think provides all the storage we need. I’m not keen on picking up a loan so quickly after paying one off.
That's rough. Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with that one either.

Going payment free for at least a year makes a big difference in the monthly budget.. a portion of the payment away to save for down payment for the next buy, and you can still use some for some fun spending or putting towards a vacation.

I have to remember to be disciplined when my ride gets to be 3 or 4 years old

Going payment free for at least a year makes a big difference in the monthly budget.. a portion of the payment away to save for down payment for the next buy, and you can still use some for some fun spending or putting towards a vacation.

I have to remember to be disciplined when my ride gets to be 3 or 4 years old
This is so true. Its all about getting over than hump so you are rolling equity into the new purchase. It takes some discipline, but once you get there it makes payments much more manageable.

Wife is looking at a Porsche Panamera (used). Reading all the blogs about them and all the troubles. Does anyone have one and can give me the truth about it?
It is so dependent on year, model, prior maintenance history and luck. If you don't have a Porsche mechanic you trust, they can be very expensive to repair. Also, and just speaking bluntly, only the 911s have a legitimate secondary market. everything else loses value significantly for trade and wholesale. Retail gets inflated, but not a lot of cars are selling at those list prices.

We went ceramic last time and I didnt see a huge difference.
I don't get the windshield done other than the strip at the top. I believe that is illegal in most states.
But the two back seat windows are done by Lexus factory and I did the two front to match it.

New car as of a week ago or so, I will be getting the same, but will skip the ceramic most likely. With that said, both cars are kept in the garage unless I am at a Dormie property.
I got the clear solar reflecting on my current car (all black) and it made a noticeable difference. I will probably do it again on my next vehicle. But since your cars are mostly indoors (unlike mine) I am not convinced its worth it for you specifically.

still actively dodging the car purchase while casually checking cars dot com every week hahahaha

It's not inevitable, but..
I was just going backwards through his thread to see of you bought a c-class. I have continued my shopping as well but finding a deal I like has been really time consuming. The car market is so unorganized right now.

I was just going backwards through his thread to see of you bought a c-class. I have continued my shopping as well but finding a deal I like has been really time consuming. The car market is so unorganized right now.
C-Class is definitely a "man if i see the one I want with the trim I want" sort of thing..

There's a certain body kit that is used (rarely) on them that makes them look incredible. I'm sort of done making concessions when things aren't there that I want.

It is so dependent on year, model, prior maintenance history and luck. If you don't have a Porsche mechanic you trust, they can be very expensive to repair. Also, and just speaking bluntly, only the 911s have a legitimate secondary market. everything else loses value significantly for trade and wholesale. Retail gets inflated, but not a lot of cars are selling at those list prices.
Luckily she moved on after reading about maintenance and upkeep. Thanks

We’ve been car payment free for a couple years and I’m hoping to just pay cash when I upgrade from my 04 Pathfinder, but man it’s hard for me to be patient! 😂

yeah, which is how I feel, and much harder to find haha

I think it's a good thing. I need to settle down with all the car buying anyways.
"Window" shopping for cars is fun. Far less exciting than your Benz, but this is what I've been eyeing.

1706031553415.png

"Window" shopping for cars is fun. Far less exciting than your Benz, but this is what I've been eyeing.

View attachment 9237869
Used C300 are surprisingly reasonable my good man. The first one I bought, with just over 18k miles on it, was 30k.

I don't buy them new. That's far too fancy/pricy for this guy.

Reactions: Bus
Will you buy some feet pics or something?

I'm not calling you Daddy.
It wasnt a joke. By the time you add the AMG line package, and the other options it is usually order with by the dealer (no one is adding the AMG line package to an otherwise base model) the pricing doesn't come out as far off as you think. I did that for my father in law with his CLS63. It was a better value to get that over the 550 with options.

Correction: the pricing difference is a little more that I anticipated in the used market.

It wasnt a joke. By the time you add the AMG line package, and the other options it is usually order with by the dealer (no one is adding the AMG line package to an otherwise base model) the pricing doesn't come out as far off as you think. I did that for my father in law with his CLS63. It was a better value to get that over the 550 with options.

Correction: the pricing difference is a little more that I anticipated in the used market.
soooooooooooo

Feet GIF by E!

I say we talk to @JB to see if he will be an investor in our new venture: Treeclimbers.com.
So, if we're including him, then we have to add another avenue to this.

1- sell feet pics
2- make people pay you to NOT send feet pics

@Canadan I did something today 🫣. I blame you.

Back