After a pretty stressful week and a half, it was beyond amazing to watch my Son and the boys I’ve coached from 1st-8th grade win their 2nd State Championship in a row with a 41-16 victory at Kroger Field. As I’ve said many times, they are great football players but even better young men. It is well deserved. I’m so proud of them all.

My Son vowed if they won it all, he would shave off his luscious locks (his words LOL). He is at the Barber shop as we speak. It's gonna be so weird seeing him without all that hair.

IMG_2707.jpeg
IMG_2710.jpeg
IMG_2703.jpeg

After a pretty stressful week and a half, it was beyond amazing to watch my Son and the boys I’ve coached from 1st-8th grade win their 2nd State Championship in a row with a 41-16 victory at Kroger Field. As I’ve said many times, they are great football players but even better young men. It is well deserved. I’m so proud of them all.

My Son vowed if they won it all, he would shave off his luscious locks (his words LOL). He is at the Barber shop as we speak. It's gonna be so weird seeing him without all that hair.

View attachment 9229552
View attachment 9229551
View attachment 9229553
Congratulations!

I could post here every day... I have never in my life been happier than I am these days. I am experiencing new things almost daily, and I'm 48! New things I did last week include: Going riding (mountainbike) on an old railroad track, going to a gun show, eating a butterfinger, driving in the US by myself for the first time (and going shopping here by myself for the first time), making and eating clam chowder, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. And I get to wake up with my favorite person every day.
Life is good.

40 feels good.

It appears I may actually play golf outside today. Got a bag, along with a bunch of cool new things, to put to the test.

View attachment 9229552
View attachment 9229551
View attachment 9229553
Congrats to you and your son.
I know that you have put a lot of time and effort to this end and I'm glad you won the ultimate prize.

View attachment 9229552
View attachment 9229551
View attachment 9229553
That's awesome! How's the shaved head? I can only assume he's more aerodynamic!

That's awesome! How's the shaved head? I can only assume he's more aerodynamic!
The cold stopped him from going bald, but it's still short and it was pretty different looking at him for the first couple days.

The cold stopped him from going bald, but it's still short and it was pretty different looking at him for the first couple days.
Not going to lie to you, when I first saw his flowing hair, I had to look twice to make sure he was your "Son"
Quite the "Mane" of hair.

So now, more golf for you now that his off to HS football?

Not going to lie to you, when I first saw his flowing hair, I had to look twice to make sure he was your "Son"
Quite the "Mane" of hair.

So now, more golf for you now that his off to HS football?
Believe it or not, I used to have hair longer than his back in the day. Now it's on my face instead of on top of my head 😂

I definitely have more time since I don't coach anymore. Not sure it equates to more golf tho. He has thru the Holidays and they are right back it at for 2024. I'm just ready for him to start driving. Now that will help out a ton. He turns 16 in a few days.

Don't want to go into all the details (mainly because it's too long) but I made a small claim against British Airways to cover an expense that they refused to pay. They responded to the small claim yesterday by offering me the money as a gesture of good will. Very happy about that. With the job offer on Monday this has been a good week.

Doc booked a trip for us to Scotland in 2024. 😍

Blew my mind. Maybe no golf, but I’m good with it.
Golf or no golf, still awesome. I'd bet a paycheck that you'll squeeze at least a round in.

Golf or no golf, still awesome. I'd bet a paycheck that you'll squeeze at least a round in.
Haha, it’ll be damn hard not to. I can play with rentals, right? Hahaha

Haha. Yeah, we are good to go there now!
Ok, good. I'll cross that off my list of things to remember to do. :ROFLMAO:

Christmas Party tonight at a friends and the wife is making Christmas cookies so the smell of fresh baking cookies is INSANE
Cookies Baking GIF

Back