The New Shoes Thread

After trying on a few pairs recently I have decided to go with the Powerband 3.0, a good mix of sports shoe and stabilty imo. FJ's and more traditional golf shoes make me feel like I am at work and not playing golf.
41QZQnDVqxL.jpg

got these at the end of last season, only knock I have is Adidas use these very thin laces that seem to almost have a slick coating on them and they don't stay tight. I find myself retrying them constantly throughout a round. I like my shoes tight to the point of almost being painful so so other might not have the same issue

After annoucing over a year ago they they were getting into the golf shoes business I was finally able to pick up these shoes from Asics off of TGW. Anybody who does any running knows Asics makes great running shoes and the golf shoes did not disappoint. they got devliered right before I left on a week long golf trip, wore them all week and never had any break-in issue. felt great from day one.

cfli-blacksilver.jpg

got these at the end of last season, only knock I have is Adidas use these very thin laces that seem to almost have a slick coating on them and they don't stay tight. I find myself retrying them constantly throughout a round. I like my shoes tight to the point of almost being painful so so other might not have the same issue

This is good to know.
The laces on my Tour 360s are also very short, so double knotting may be an issue.
I like my shoes tight like you.

This is good to know.
The laces on my Tour 360s are also very short, so double knotting may be an issue.
I like my shoes tight like you.

The laces on the powerband 3.0 are long enough for double knots but that still doesn't help. they are so slick they just work themselves out. I need to pick up some better laces and they would be great shoes. The laces on the Asics are great, instead of flat or round they are triangle shaped (if you looked at cross section of lace) so they really lock in against each other

The laces on the powerband 3.0 are long enough for double knots but that still doesn't help. they are so slick they just work themselves out. I need to pick up some better laces and they would be great shoes. The laces on the Asics are great, instead of flat or round they are triangle shaped (if you looked at cross section of lace) so they really lock in against each other

Hmm, bugger.
I just got some "outdoor" laces for my dress shoes since I snapped the set that came with them [they were 4 yeard old] and they seem to hold pretty nicely. They're round, but stretchy so you can pull them and let them snap back to really bind each other. Check out Walmart!

I am with some others here. 5 year old foot-joys that are still kicking. But these new shoes are tempting!

just picked up a pair of these.

readImage.aspx

After annoucing over a year ago they they were getting into the golf shoes business I was finally able to pick up these shoes from Asics off of TGW. Anybody who does any running knows Asics makes great running shoes and the golf shoes did not disappoint. they got devliered right before I left on a week long golf trip, wore them all week and never had any break-in issue. felt great from day one.

cfli-blacksilver.jpg

I was really interested in these this spring. I was never able to find a pair to try on so I was wary about buying them and ended up with the Adidas 360 4.0. Glad to hear they work for you. I will be looking back to asics in the future.

So after all the good talk I have heard about Adipures I finally took the plunge and picked some up. I was looking for another white pair of golf shoes so that I could rotate two pairs. It seems like more and more things from the wardrobe these days are requiring white shoes. I was in my home course's pro shop and was looking at maybe getting some white footjoy sports as they were reasonably priced but they had sold the size I needed. I saw these and tried them on and fell in love with the feel of the shoe. I like the look of the shoe as well and to me personally I like the look of the adipure better than the adipure Z. They happen to have these in the size I needed and the price was too good not to get them. Haven't worn them on the course yet but I am sure they will be money!

View attachment 2412

BT - You'll love them and with all the new bright color threads i know you're getting these will work well! And I agree I prefer the look of these to the newer Z's.

cfli-blacksilver.jpg

I like those Asics a lot. Can you tell me how they sized compared to the Adidas? Were they the same size or up/down a half size, etc?

I like those Asics a lot. Can you tell me how they sized compared to the Adidas? Were they the same size or up/down a half size, etc?

let me double check my Adidas when i get home, I'll post answer later tonite. I know I had one pair of shoes i when up 1/2 a size in don't recall if they were the Adidas or not. But the Asics fit to my actual true shoe size...

Back