The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB, any chance the Chiefs don't take a QB with that first pick? Heard some stuff driving in this morning that they may move down a couple spots and take Teo and then take a QB either at the end of the 1st or the second. I didn't neccesarily understand this until they mentioned that some think there isn't a whole lot of difference between Barkley and say a Landry Jones.. Is it crazy to think they don't take a QB with that first pick?

JB, any chance the Chiefs don't take a QB with that first pick? Heard some stuff driving in this morning that they may move down a couple spots and take Teo and then take a QB either at the end of the 1st or the second. I didn't neccesarily understand this until they mentioned that some think there isn't a whole lot of difference between Barkley and say a Landry Jones.. Is it crazy to think they don't take a QB with that first pick?

Ya know TH, I have not looked into it. I have some stuff posted in the college football thread about some early draft boards if one could dig it up. We will have a draft thread up soon. Not sure Jones will be the 2nd QB taken yet and still not sure Barkley will be the first. Lots of stuff going on in this draft. Should be an interesting one.

Ya know TH, I have not looked into it. I have some stuff posted in the college football thread about some early draft boards if one could dig it up. We will have a draft thread up soon. Not sure Jones will be the 2nd QB taken yet and still not sure Barkley will be the first. Lots of stuff going on in this draft. Should be an interesting one.

I didnt neccesarily mean Jones would be the second QB taken, but more the idea that this just isn't that great of a year for QBs. I would be pretty surprised to see them trade down, but I guess you never know. Thanks for your thoughts man

I didnt neccesarily mean Jones would be the second QB taken, but more the idea that this just isn't that great of a year for QBs. I would be pretty surprised to see them trade down, but I guess you never know. Thanks for your thoughts man

Hacker, I am wondering what the Chiefs will do as well. We are in a bad spot, IMO. I think one thing to keep in mind is there is likely to be a LOT of firings in the offseason. That could effect draft strategy.

Hacker, I am wondering what the Chiefs will do as well. We are in a bad spot, IMO. I think one thing to keep in mind is there is likely to be a LOT of firings in the offseason. That could effect draft strategy.

As a Cowboys fan in KC its just interesting to see peoples take on the team. It is clear the GM needs to be gone as well as Cassell and Cronell to start..

While all of that may be true, there is one major difference. Henne got the ball to those receivers to make plays, where as Gabbert has continually failed at doing so since coming into the league. Will he get better? Maybe, maybe not, and Henne may not be the long term solution, however in today's day and age in the NFL, you have to give yourself the best chance to succeed each week.

One of the big things yesterday was that the receivers didn't drop the catchable balls from Henne that they've been dropping from Gabbert, and they made plays after the catch that they for the most part have not made when Gabbert has thrown them the same balls. Gabbert has been doing better about getting the ball downfield in recent weeks. If he is getting better he needs to keep playing so you know for sure. The team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. Winning a few games the rest of the way will only give you a weaker draft pick. At this point I'd rather end the year knowing one way or the other if Gabbert has a chance or not. If not, fine, go get a new QB. If he does, then you at least know where else to focus on in the draft with that top 5 pick.

Any chance Andy Reid is fired/quits befroe the end of the season? Any chance that Chucky is in line for that job?

Any chance Andy Reid is fired/quits befroe the end of the season? Any chance that Chucky is in line for that job?

I think he goes before the end of the year, probably immediately if they take a beating on Monday night

Any chance Andy Reid is fired/quits before the end of the season? Any chance that Chucky is in line for that job?
If they were smart they would do it before next Monday night. It will get real ugly early with Andy and stay that way the entire game. The town is fed up with his crap and now that he got Shady injured for nothing and they tried to weasel his way out it will only make it worse. He needs to do the right thing and step down today, he clearly has lost touch with how to coach this team and the team has clearly lost the heart/respect to play.

You have a rookie QB in the game and you call 50 pass plays when you have a top 5 back at your disposal is INSANE! Then you finally decide to run the ball with under 2 minutes in the game with your best player while claiming your "still trying to win the game" and get him injured. Really, trying to come back from a 25 point deficit running the ball?

Goodbye and good riddance Andy!

As a Cowboys fan in KC its just interesting to see peoples take on the team. It is clear the GM needs to be gone as well as Cassell and Cronell to start..

Agreed, Hacker. They need to clean house.

Just saw this. Pretty cool of Drew to do in the wake of Sandy. He has been an important figure to the city of New Orleans since Katrina, especially when he could have probably signed anywhere but decided he wanted to stick with the city and see everything through. Drew Brees is one of the rare good guys running around out there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...aints-giving-1-million-hurricane-sandy-relief

Schottenheimer was in KC last week, he could be a GM candidate. And he might be able to get Cowher back into head coaching maybe?

Schottenheimer was in KC last week, he could be a GM candidate. And he might be able to get Cowher back into head coaching maybe?

Kansas City needs to go out of their way to make a splash. Enough with the experiments and the upstarts. Those fans have been loyal to that team and the heart break they have brought for many years now.

Just saw this. Pretty cool of Drew to do in the wake of Sandy. He has been an important figure to the city of New Orleans since Katrina, especially when he could have probably signed anywhere but decided he wanted to stick with the city and see everything through. Drew Brees is one of the rare good guys running around out there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...aints-giving-1-million-hurricane-sandy-relief
well, when you get paid that much you must give in order to help with taxation. Not saying he isnt a good person, but having that much money helps

Kansas City needs to go out of their way to make a splash. Enough with the experiments and the upstarts. Those fans have been loyal to that team and the heart break they have brought for many years now.

The fans are some of the most passionate I have seen. Certainly wish people at Cowboys games would get that excited

The fans are some of the most passionate I have seen. Certainly wish people at Cowboys games would get that excited

I think struggles and heartbreak can make the base more passionate, see the Chicago Cubs and obviously the Chiefs. But at what point does that base say "enough is enough" and stop showing up? I don't think the Chiefs fans would ever just stop showing up, but they have had enough and I don't blame them. I'm not even a Chiefs fan, but I am tired of seeing the crap they are putting out on the field and calling a team.

I think struggles and heartbreak can make the base more passionate, see the Chicago Cubs and obviously the Chiefs. But at what point does that base say "enough is enough" and stop showing up? I don't think the Chiefs fans would ever just stop showing up, but they have had enough and I don't blame them. I'm not even a Chiefs fan, but I am tired of seeing the crap they are putting out on the field and calling a team.

yeah dude, its tough to see a team struggle so much. The problem is they have one good showing to keep false hope up (Check Cromells first game as H.C. against GB last year) and than disappoint.

Well they organized a "black out" for the game yesterday. Quite a few people supporting their displeasure for the team. Its sad how terrible they are.

Funniest part is that they are going to give Paoli and extension. What has he done to deserve an extension?

I watched their games on TV until we got the RedZone channel, so now I watch that so I don't have to suffer through the whole ugly game. They don't show much of the Chiefs offense on there though for some reason. They need to do some major changes, quickly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8652576/andy-reid-philadelphia-eagles-says-resigning-cop-out

Andy Reid said Monday that he won't resign as the Philadelphia Eagles' coach because quitting on his team would be a "cop-out" after he has asked the players to keep fighting.

Reid made his comments after the Eagles dropped their sixth straight game Sunday. The Philadelphia Daily News, citing a high-ranking team source, reported Monday that the longtime Eagles coach wouldn't be fired this week and would coach Philadelphia against the Panthers next Monday night.

"I'm standing in front of the team and telling them, 'These are the things we need to do,' one of which is continue to battle," Reid told reporters, according to Philadelphia Magazine. "And so I think that would be a cop-out. That's not how I see things. That's not the way I'm wired. We're going to keep battling and do it as a team. I'm not going to tell the guys one thing and then do the other."

I find the headlines about Vick being the starter if he's healthy amusing, my guess is he finishes the year being unfit to play!

I find it hard to believe Jay means that much to the Bears offense but I guess this game and the second half of last year goes to show he does

The Niners defense hasn't played this well in weeks. They look damn strong

Sent from my AOKP Gnex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back