The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By virtue of the Bucs loss, Atlanta Falcons NFC South Champs. Business as usual for the players. Show me something in the playoffs and give us fans something to cheer about.

You know what? I liked what I just saw out of Batch just now. I love seeing the emotion pour out.

That was pretty awesome.

Everyone in the Pittsburgh area knows that Charlie has been the consumate pro his whole career. He has done more for the city of Pittsburgh than any other athlete and that's the truth. He's a beast in the community.

I can only imagine how he feels. Count me in the crew that just didn't think he had it in him anymore. Count me in the crew that's gladly, gladly eating crow as well!

You know what? I liked what I just saw out of Batch just now. I love seeing the emotion pour out.
I've been fortunate enough to meet Charlie at various locations around the city in the last 4 years here, and he really is just the nicest human being you could ever hope to meet. He even payed for a meal for 4 of us my freshman year when he found out we were college students.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Charlie at various locations around the city in the last 4 years here, and he really is just the nicest human being you could ever hope to meet. He even payed for a meal for 4 of us my freshman year when he found out we were college students.

I had the pleasure of coaching at the Steelers Youth Camp at West Allegheny High School this past summer and Charlie was there.

He came to the camp in the morning, left in the afternoon to run his youth basketball league in Homestead, and then came back again for the rest of the Steelers camp. That's just his nature as a person.

And Rivers ends the game with a pick as the Chargers go 4-8 in a loss to the Bengals. Turner's noose just tightened that much more.

I have always liked Batch, going back to his days starting for Detroit. I'm not really sure why, just seems like a good dude.

And Rivers ends the game with a pick as the Chargers go 4-8 in a loss to the Bengals. Turner's noose just tightened that much more.

The Chargers almost have to completely blow things up this offseason. It's about to that point.

Chargers really need a face lift.... Philip Rivers is never going to get them to the next level. Marv Turner doesn't seem to be putting this team in the best position to win. How much longer will they settle for sub par performances out of this team

I have always liked Batch, going back to his days starting for Detroit. I'm not really sure why, just seems like a good dude.
He really, really is. He's quite literally a legend here in Pittsburgh because of all the work he does for the city and the people.

He really, really is. He's quite literally a legend here in Pittsburgh because of all the work he does for the city and the people.

What was the stat I heard...been therefor 11 years and this was his 9th start? Or vise versa.... That is a statement on how they feel about him

What was the stat I heard...been therefor 11 years and this was his 9th start? Or vise versa.... That is a statement on how they feel about him

Yep, this is his 11th season with the Steelers.

Pittsburgh native as well.

Let me tell you a small story about Charlie Batch. We worked with a RB that had a horrific injury. Bad bad injury that was just painful to see. That night we were with the player, agent and wife and his cell phone rang. Now keep in mind, this was really before cell phones were everywhere and even a lot of the players did not have them. Car phones were common, but cell phones at the stadium with guys was not really an "every player" kind of thing.

Charlie got on the locker room phone to call this guy and see how he was doing. They were not teammates, they were not friends and had only met in passing. Classy move and the player's wife was astonished. Good dude.

Bryce Brown runs hard as heck. Needs to work on securing that arm down to keep that ball in place, but what a fun guy to watch run the ball.

Haven't been in this thread all day, just wanted to say "woot woot! Go Colts!"

Bryce Brown runs hard as heck. Needs to work on securing that arm down to keep that ball in place, but what a fun guy to watch run the ball.

He's already scored me as many points today as Doug Martin!

I love watching him run as well. You can tell he is fighting for every extra foot he can get. I wonder if they go split carries when McCoy is healthy?

I love watching him run as well. You can tell he is fighting for every extra foot he can get. I wonder if they go split carries when McCoy is healthy?

GG and I were just talking about that. She said "If he fumbles again this week, then no, but if he holds on and plays well again, they have to find a way to get him on the field".

GG and I were just talking about that. She said "If he fumbles again this week, then no, but if he holds on and plays well again, they have to find a way to get him on the field".

Yeah I agree especially since there is no rush to get McCoy in there. I will not be a fan of split carries which I am afraid of.

The cowboys continue to be a frustrating team to watch.

Romo got D punched.
amu8e9u2.jpg

The cowboys continue to be a frustrating team to watch.

Watching them tonight sure is. Its as if Romo has gone back to tunnel vision and only looking at 6 yard passes to Witten every drop back.

Bob Costas is an idiot.

My comment above has nothing to do with Saturdays tragedy, I can't stand his halftime "soapbox" talks. The "I know more and you should listen" shbeals. Can't stand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back