The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles fire their Defensive Line coach at 7:10am. That should just about fix things here in Philly! Thanks Andy, HE was the problem!

I'd have to guess this is just the beginning of a massive cleaning of house in Philly.

Back to reality for the "Henne Given Sunday" fans yesterday, but the conditions up in Buffalo were horrible for passing, so it is hard to read much into anyone's play yesterday.

Big Chiefs fan going forward. :)

Nate, wouldn't a Redskins win help a cowboys playoff chance?

Nate, wouldn't a Redskins win help a cowboys playoff chance?
The Cowboys aren't going to catch the Giants being 2 games back and probably 3 cause they would lose the tiebreaker I believe and only 4 games to go. Washington would be 6-6 too if they win tonight and the Cowboys play them one more time. So to answer your question, the Giants need to keep winning and beating all the other teams while the Cowboys need to win the remaining 4 games.

They would be one game back of the division with a redskins win tonight and that would put the giants 2-3 in the division with the cowboys 3-2 in the division(tiebreaker goes to cowboys). The giants still play NO, Atl, Bal, and Philly. I think you should root for a redskin win tonight.

I'd have to guess this is just the beginning of a massive cleaning of house in Philly.
Well, everyone should be fired when the season ends. As much as it should happen now (or weeks ago), it won't and Andy just continues to skate by while the other coaches/staff have to take the fall for his shortcomings as a coach. At this point the only way I see Andy getting fired early is if he puts Vick back in at QB if Foles is healthy. Putting back in a QB who won't be back next year would show he has no care about this team moving forward, so they should dump him immediately.

They would be one game back of the division with a redskins win tonight and that would put the giants 2-3 in the division with the cowboys 3-2 in the division(tiebreaker goes to cowboys). The giants still play NO, Atl, Bal, and Philly. I think you should root for a redskin win tonight.
Hummm, tough call there Jesse. I just really don't think they stand much of a chance winning the division but stranger things have happened. I guess since the Cowboys still play the Redskins in DC later on, then rooting for the Skins would be the way to go.

Hummm, tough call there Jesse. I just really don't think they stand much of a chance winning the division but stranger things have happened. I guess since the Cowboys still play the Redskins in DC later on, then rooting for the Skins would be the way to go.

I'm torn too Nate. Though I guess I should route for the Redskins. Heck if Dallas won out they'd get to 10-6. That would need to be done if they were to win the division, and I'm seeing anything as of yet to give me confidence that they can do that.

Just saw on Twitter that Reid has named Nick Foles the started for the remainder of the year.

I bet Arizona gets Mike Vick, that would be a comedy.

I just saw that they fired their D Line coach...why on earth is everyone and their brother in the organization getting fired except for Reid?! Come on, Man!

I just saw that they fired their D Line coach...why on earth is everyone and their brother in the organization getting fired except for Reid?! Come on, Man!

I think Andy survives the year out of respect.

As well he should. He's been a good coach for a long time. Changing at this point isn't going to do any good or help in the short or long run. It's one thing to get rid of a coach who has been a loser with a team for two or three years, another entirely for someone as tenured and successful as Reid. IMHO.

From my perspective, I think these early firings help the coordinators line up jobs for next year easier than if they did a mass firing at the end. Inactive HCs getting hired for next yr will know they are available and they can begin talking to them. Either way, they are very likely to get axed when the new HC comes in, so might as well not stir over the last few weeks.

Now they need to settle the Brown/Shady situation for the rest of the year :D

I think both should play..

..each back should get 30 carries a game. I'd take 30 carries/130 yards/2 TD's from each. Every game.

Yep.

Shady is still not close to passing all concussion tests. Doubt he will be back this year. Reid naming Foles starter came directly from the owner. After the game Reid said Vick, if healthy, would be his starter. He said he was sticking beside Michael and believed in Michael. Of course he is the only one in the organization who still believes in Michael and the owner likes Foles. Starting Vick should/could get him fired immediately. Reid should have lost his job weeks ago, and has no good will left to keep it for the rest of the season IMO, but I guess we will be treated to a few more weeks of firing others in the organization that are not named Andy Reid to mask the real problem in the organization.

Big game for the Giants tonight!! Need a win to put some distance in the East. Can't wait to get home to watch

Sent from my Liquid JB Gnex

Agreed its like the beginning of the end.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

From DJ Gallo's column on ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/14948/hangover-how-elite-is-your-nfl-qb

Stat of the Week 6.2

It happened this week: Adrian Peterson passed Christian Ponder in yards per attempt on the season. Unfortunately, as you may recall, Peterson is a running back and Ponder is a quarterback. Yet Peterson’s 6.2 yards per carry is better than Ponder’s 6.0 yards per passing attempt. This is perhaps the most depressing thing ever (tied with Larry Fitzgerald’s quarterback situation as the other most depressing thing ever.)

Here is Peterson after Minnesota’s loss to Green Bay, in which he ran for 210 yards on 21 carries, talking about a 6-yard run he had: “If I’m just a second more patient I take that to the crib. It's a 94-yard run. I look back on that and say, 'That could have changed the game.' ... The long run to the left [that went for 48 yards], being able to step out of that tackle and take that to the end zone. Those are the things that come to my mind. See what I can do better."

Yeah. Ponder and the rest of the Vikings have to be wondering when Peterson will step up and start pulling his own weight.

So it seems Belcher shot his girlfriend NINE times, according to CNN.

That's NINE, not once. Anyone think this guy wasn't a colossal DB?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/report-belcher-shot-girlfriend-nine-times/related/

More details are emerging regarding the murder the preceded the suicide of Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher. According to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, Kansas City policy are telling local media members that Belcher shot Kasandra Perkins nine times. The shooting occurred in the presence of Belcher’s mother, who could be providing to the authorities details regarding the events that precipitated the shooting in the coming days.

I hope the whisper rumors around KC around the true cause of the fight are not true.

I don't know what you are talking about, but nine times is way over the top. Major anger issues there.

Finally home for the game with a Silver Bullet and man cave action going on! So Pumped! GO GIANTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back