The Sandwich Thread

Sounds great buddy, my nephew lives in Rosemead and I was visiting him for 2 days in October on our return from Hawaii. I made him take me to Phillippes and to Pinks, had to try out the famous eaterys while there. I should be back next year as he and his girlfriend are getting married, looking forward to eating at Phillippes again.

And I hope a round of golf!!! I am not a big fan of Pinks. THough I have only been there twice, two times the dogs were not that good. IF you are going to be near Rosemead you need to check out two other places.. The Hat for a pastrami sandwich and also Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for some awesome fried chicken and sides.

I don't like food so spicy it hurts. I don't see the appeal in that.

Kevin

And I hope a round of golf!!! I am not a big fan of Pinks. THough I have only been there twice, two times the dogs were not that good. IF you are going to be near Rosemead you need to check out two other places.. The Hat for a pastrami sandwich and also Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for some awesome fried chicken and sides.

I'll know much more about my trip at the outing, we will talk about it so I don't miss anything I need to do.

Edit - I only thought Pinks was OK, we have a much, much better dog in Macon, Georgia named NuWay, it is the 2nd oldest in the USA behind Nathan's. I have not eaten one at a chain that I like better, and don't mention the Varsity in Atlanta, I liked Pink's better.

Kevin

Me neither. I was one with a former co-worker, a Mexican fellow, and we went to this little hole in the wall mexican restaurant he knows ( tip: some of these are the best places to get real good mexican food). and we are eating Sopes (a small Mexican appetizer, fired masa cakes with meat and veggies on top) and he tells me to add this "special red sauce" to add flavor. Turns out it was derived from one of the hottest chills and definitely was the hottest thing I have ever eaten. Three beers did not cool it down, only a glass of milk was able to put out the fire. All the while my buddy is laughing his butt off. I never took any further suggestions on condiments from that guy!!

Kevin

It's an endorphine thing. I have some stuff in my fridge that can be dangerous for those unaccustomed to it.

Kevin

I like it hot, but that habanero hot stuff is not good to me either.

Food shouldn't hurt.

Kevin

I'll know much more about my trip at the outing, we will talk about it so I don't miss anything I need to do.

Edit - I only thought Pinks was OK, we have a much, much better dog in Macon, Georgia named NuWay, it is the 2nd oldest in the USA behind Nathan's. I have not eaten one at a chain that I like better, and don't mention the Varsity in Atlanta, I liked Pink's better.

Well I was going to mention that Nathan's was 100% better than the Pinks dog. Maybe I end some mustard.. you send some NuWay, we'll get a nationwide network of food exchanging going through our THP friends...LOL

Well I was going to mention that Nathan's was 100% better than the Pinks dog. Maybe I end some mustard.. you send some NuWay, we'll get a nationwide network of food exchanging going through our THP friends...LOL

In my opinion Nathan's is pretty much destroyed by almost every corner hot dog stand in the City of Chicago. Vienna Beef hot dogs are much better, and there are other Chicago brands too. Natural casing of course. Skinless hot dogs are terrible.

Kevin

In my opinion Nathan's is pretty much destroyed by almost every corner hot dog stand in the City of Chicago. Vienna Beef hot dogs are much better, and there are other Chicago brands too. Natural casing of course. Skinless hot dogs are terrible.

Kevin

I think you and I need to travel this fine country of ours, play a lot of golf and eat at a lot of fine ( or not so fine) establishments along the way. It will be Diners, Drive-ins and Dives made for golfers.

I think you and I need to travel this fine country of ours, play a lot of golf and eat at a lot of fine ( or not so fine) establishments along the way. It will be Diners, Drive-ins and Dives made for golfers.

Diners, Drive-ins, and Drivers.

Kevin

Me neither. I was one with a former co-worker, a Mexican fellow, and we went to this little hole in the wall mexican restaurant he knows ( tip: some of these are the best places to get real good mexican food). and we are eating Sopes (a small Mexican appetizer, fired masa cakes with meat and veggies on top) and he tells me to add this "special red sauce" to add flavor. Turns out it was derived from one of the hottest chills and definitely was the hottest thing I have ever eaten. Three beers did not cool it down, only a glass of milk was able to put out the fire. All the while my buddy is laughing his butt off. I never took any further suggestions on condiments from that guy!!

Yup, my former south of the border co-workers turned me on to some good eats and they really love hot stuff. Those guys eat jalapenos like I eat M&M's. One of the joints we went to I had there taco, a few drops of whatever it was hot sauce was plenty enough but it had flavor. I like heat with flavor but just plain heat with no flavor I do not want. Worst is the next morning I pray to whoever invented the toilet and TP.

I actually hate sandwiches unless they are Subway or something where there is a ridiculously high ratio of filling to bread.
I think the problem is that I really don't like bread... as crazy as that sounds.

A pulled pork sandwich dripping with sauce and some cole slaw... alllllll day.

Kevin

Here, here! There is perfection in a good Chicago dog. Portillos, The Wiener's Circle, Murphy's Red Hots on Belmont, Superdawg, the afore mentioned Hot Doug's. And I still dream about Demon Dog (under the El platform at the DePaul stop)

Holy Cow, 9:15 in the morning and I am so hungry for a hot dog!

I think Im going to go for a simple PB&J'r right meow...

Anyone have any legendary sandwiches lately?

I love this thread!!

My wife just called and she did not take the yardbird out of the freezer this morning. She asked if I wanted grilled cheese, hell yes! I love grilled cheese sandwhichs and we never have them, yum yum to me.

My wife just called and she did not take the yardbird out of the freezer this morning. She asked if I wanted grilled cheese, hell yes! I love grilled cheese sandwhichs and we never have them, yum yum to me.

I like grilled cheese if there's tomato soup, yum!

Grilled ham and cheese on wheat with tomato soup!! mmmmmmmmm

Baked ham, Boar's Head beef bologna, white American cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on Arnold Italian bread. Simple and delicious. I just had two.

Kevin

Just remembered a pretty decent sandwich I had at a golf tournament in the summer. Pulled pork, mayo, pickles, sweet bbq sauce, vinegar based cole slaw. Not bad.

Just remembered a pretty decent sandwich I had at a golf tournament in the summer. Pulled pork, mayo, pickles, sweet bbq sauce, vinegar based cole slaw. Not bad.

That sounds pretty good, but I'm suspicious of the BBQ sauce/mayo combination. I like slaw on pulled pork.

Kevin

That sounds pretty good, but I'm suspicious of the BBQ sauce/mayo combination. I like slaw on pulled pork.

Kevin
I was too, but it worked out. We didn't have a choice.

Back