The Sandwich Thread

Dougs are very lovable.

I love Doug. Almost in a sexual way.

Kevin

As I stated earlier in the thread, I had planned on having some version of ham and cheese on King's Hawaiian roles for lunch. Well, my plans got derailed when I was instructed that we were going out for lunch before shopping. Long story short, we went to a nice restaurant where I usually order steak (yes, even for lunch) but I ordered off the menu.....grilled ham and cheese. And, it was delicious.

Oh, oh. Had something come up that may postpone tomorrow's sandwich construction. Hopefully not, but maybe. Keep your fingers crossed for world peace.

Kevin

Oh, oh. Had something come up that may postpone tomorrow's sandwich construction. Hopefully not, but maybe. Keep your fingers crossed for world peace.

Kevin

Man I already have my hippy clothes all laid out to wear tomorrow.

Haha I love sandwiches! Best ones were when I was in Paris...simple ham and cheese sandwiches but whatever that mustard that they put on them was it was amazing.

This is the best mustard I have ever had it is from Philippes in Los Angeles http://www.philippes.com/ makes for a great sandwich.

philippes_mustard2.jpg

It's 1am and you guys are making me hungry!

004-2.jpg

Eggs, mayo, bread. Nuff said!

Hold the mayo, maybe a slice of cheese and some sausage or bacon.

I think a touch of tabasco and slice of tomato would have been just right. Bacon works, cheese as well.

I think a touch of tabasco and slice of tomato would have been just right. Bacon works, cheese as well.

I can live with tabasco and tomato. We are so easy to please Duey...LOL at least with food that is. hehehe

I can live with tabasco and tomato. We are so easy to please Duey...LOL at least with food that is. hehehe

Yes sir, just the basic's. Quick and clean is my motto.

Recipe for Awesomeness-- 1 Onion Kaiser Roll, 1 leftover filet mingon, 2 slices swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Heat and eat.

Recipe for Awesomeness-- 1 Onion Kaiser Roll, 1 leftover filet mingon, 2 slices swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Heat and eat.

Oooh, sounds pretty good as long as the filet is thin sliced and piled on.

Sounds good over here!! I still need to go get that meatball sammich Craig Mac got me thinking about a few pages back. And I don't me the Subway version either. I am talking authentic!!

Oooh, sounds pretty good as long as the filet is thin sliced and piled on.
Yup, slice diagonally across the grain.

It does sound like awesomeness for sure JR, man I really love all of those ingredients I should have tried this before now.

There is a little Chinese joint here that makes mustard so hot most can't eat it, or if they do, it is on accident. I put a spoon of it on something without knowing about it, and it cleaned my head up REAAAL good. I'm talking sweating, nostrils burning, coughing. Crazy stuff, I love it.

I may have to get you to pick up some for me. How much do they sell it for?
If you ever want more, just let me know. I love that place and it is not far from me at all.

If you ever want more, just let me know. I love that place and it is not far from me at all.

Sounds great buddy, my nephew lives in Rosemead and I was visiting him for 2 days in October on our return from Hawaii. I made him take me to Phillippes and to Pinks, had to try out the famous eaterys while there. I should be back next year as he and his girlfriend are getting married, looking forward to eating at Phillippes again.

Back