THP Fantasy Football League #1 Draft Lottery

Really? He averaged nearly 5 yards a carry and had 13 TDs in 12 games and really 11.5 games.

That's all fine and dandy, but you don't get points for yards per carry, and he averaged less than 81 yards per game. You can attribute that to a couple of things, but that aint getting it done IMO.

That's all fine and dandy, but you don't get points for yards per carry, and he averaged less than 81 yards per game. You can attribute that to a couple of things, but that aint getting it done IMO.

Well, not exactly. First, look at his stats. After week 8, he did not get many carries due to injury. In fact about 40 carries in the 4 games he played. Including 1 with only 6. So in fact the yards per carry do make all the difference because it shows when he touched the ball, what he did to perform.

Second, he averaged over a TD a game. Now add in his WR yards and you have a guy that averaged over 15 points a game. Not too shabby for a guy that had a rookie QB back there and battled a major injury.

Well, not exactly. First, look at his stats. After week 8, he did not get many carries due to injury. In fact about 40 carries in the 4 games he played. Including 1 with only 6. So in fact the yards per carry do make all the difference because it shows when he touched the ball, what he did to perform.

Second, he averaged over a TD a game. Now add in his WR yards and you have a guy that averaged over 15 points a game. Not too shabby for a guy that had a rookie QB back there and battled a major injury.

The problem is they were so bad that he was pulled after 3 quarters a lot, so again, if Ponder doesn't step it up, I see the same thing happening as a legitimate possibility. While everything you say is true, the flip side is that 7 of the games he played in he scored 12 or fewer fantasy points. Don't get me wrong, as a second round pick he's great, I just don't think he is a top end back right now because of health issues and the team he plays on.

The problem is they were so bad that he was pulled after 3 quarters a lot, so again, if Ponder doesn't step it up, I see the same thing happening as a legitimate possibility. While everything you say is true, the flip side is that 7 of the games he played in he scored 12 or fewer fantasy points. Don't get me wrong, as a second round pick he's great, I just don't think he is a top end back right now because of health issues and the team he plays on.

Ironically, one could say the exact same thing about S. Jackson, which was selected by you shortly after and is on a bad team, with a struggling QB. Now in looking at the two backs, which one would you rather have? The guy coming off an injury that just a year or so ago was the best in the game, or the other?

See what I mean? Played more games, had very few hundred more yards, but half the TDs. Yet he went 4 picks later and has the same issues that AP has, but without the same upside potential.

If AP is there in the middle-ish part 2nd round of a 16 team draft, you take it for sure IMO. I wasn't in this draft, so I don't know the inclusive list of who all was available, but looking at the upside of AP...you take him any day of the week there.

If AP is there in the middle-ish part 2nd round of a 16 team draft, you take it for sure IMO. I wasn't in this draft, so I don't know the inclusive list of who all was available, but looking at the upside of AP...you take him any day of the week there.

A post earlier in this thread from Friday night shows exactly how the draft went down.

Ironically enough to your statement, I had the 9th pick in the second round, AP was available, and I took Trent Richardson.

A post earlier in this thread from Friday night shows exactly how the draft went down.

Ironically enough to your statement, I had the 9th pick in the second round, AP was available, and I took Trent Richardson.

I think many would say you took the wrong guy, but the flip side is that you never know until it plays out.

I think many would say you took the wrong guy, but the flip side is that you never know until it plays out.

No doubt they would. And the other flip side: I did not have a flipping clue what I was doing. LOL

Will be fun seeing how it all plays out, no doubt!

Ironically, one could say the exact same thing about S. Jackson, which was selected by you shortly after and is on a bad team, with a struggling QB. Now in looking at the two backs, which one would you rather have? The guy coming off an injury that just a year or so ago was the best in the game, or the other?

See what I mean? Played more games, had very few hundred more yards, but half the TDs. Yet he went 4 picks later and has the same issues that AP has, but without the same upside potential.

I do see what you mean and as a second round pick he's great but for me he was a disappointment last year. Why? Because I drafted him 3rd overall and I don't feel like he performed any where near that level and part of that reason was weak QB play. That's all I was trying to say.

No doubt they would. And the other flip side: I did not have a flipping clue what I was doing. LOL

Will be fun seeing how it all plays out, no doubt!

It sure will be. Trent was an interesting player this year. In years past when I played, I had a rule against not drafting rookies. But of course when you do that, you lose out on a lot of players, but its a rule I always used when I could. I hope it works out for you buddy.

I do see what you mean and as a second round pick he's great but for me he was a disappointment last year. Why? Because I drafted him 3rd overall and I don't feel like he performed any where near that level and part of that reason was weak QB play. That's all I was trying to say.

That's how I felt about Chris Johnson last year, I took him with the 4th pick in the draft and he sucked, but there was just something inside me that said I had to give him another try so I took a risk, went with my gut and took him. I really hope that works out for me.

That's how I felt about Chris Johnson last year, I took him with the 4th pick in the draft and he sucked, but there was just something inside me that said I had to give him another try so I took a risk, went with my gut and took him. I really hope that works out for me.

I could see that. Maybe I'm just bitter. Hahaha

Went back and found it, like JB said, it's a coin flip at this point. I have T Rich in another league and love the pick...but at the same time, trying to compare apples to apples: Both are injury guys going into the season (T Rich less frequently than AP), both are on pretty bad teams, T Rich probably has a better offensive line, and both will be relied on heavily by their teams in all likelihood. AP def has the better back up behind him.

My site that I have used and trusted for years has T Rich at 18 and AP at 14 in PPR leagues (S Jackson is 12, for reference to the guy who took him). I probably would have went AP, but I also see a ton of upside to T Rich, and Jackson (as he matches the profile I outlined from my personal opinion above)...so it comes down to gut instinct.

That is the beauty of FF, some players will hit and some will bust...at draft time you never know. People can tell you after the draft that you made a bad pick, but if it works out, you look like a genius...on the other side of the coin, you can look silly. At least you didn't take Lynch at #6 haha.

I could see that. Maybe I'm just bitter. Hahaha

I was very bitter, and I shocked myself a little bit when I clicked that draft button, but I had to give it a try. Plus I felt there weren't as many "star" or at least possible star RB's this year as there were great to very good receivers so I took a chance. We will see how that works out.

I think that happens with owners in general, across the board after a tough season. If you look at the guys going around him it was a no brainer if it were me. Michael Turner, S. Jackson, Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, etc. Heck, you can add guys like DeMarco Murray to that list, with MJD, and a few others. If it were me, and it wasn't, but if it were, I choose AP over them every single time. They all have questions, but he has the biggest upside of all of them and scores TDs and is a proven talent.

I definitely see it at that point in the draft. If he would have been there when I got my second pick I probably would have taken him. I mean for crying out loud look who I selected as my QB.

I like Cookie's team...nice job

Tablet/ESPN combo didnt want to work well for me on Friday...2 of 4 picks to start were autopicked....we'll see how this pans out

Tablet/ESPN combo didnt want to work well for me on Friday...2 of 4 picks to start were autopicked....we'll see how this pans out

I think I had 1 go autopick for me as well. Also had one where the tablet wouldn't let me select the guy I wanted so I took the name above him. Oh well. At least I still have the Moss brothers

Thanks man!

Umm...we could tell you were having issues. Got the great theme song blurb about 184 times due to you leaving and returning. No worries, I finally found the mute button. :alien:

One of the most targeted WR's in the NFL and in PPR leagues that's huge...like Welker too. Both on my team too. hmmm.. I probably out thought myself over Drew Brees but we'll see

Im still amazed that Roddy White went in the first round, pick #11.

One of the most targeted WR's in the NFL and in PPR leagues that's huge...like Welker too. Both on my team too. hmmm.. I probably out thought myself over Drew Brees but we'll see
If only our points per reception were more than .5 ...

Thanks man!

Umm...we could tell you were having issues. Got the great theme song blurb about 184 times due to you leaving and returning. No worries, I finally found the mute button. :alien:

Lol thanks for the heads up on the mute button cookie. I still have a headache from hearing that annoying song.

I think Roddy takes a backseat to Julio this year though. Heck he started to last year.

If only our points per reception were more than .5 ...

I thought the same thing. I like Roddy a lot, but I thought it was early when he went with so many others out there. Add to the shrinking of PPR and a year under the belt of the guy across the field and it was a reach. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they dont.

I think Roddy takes a backseat to Julio this year though. Heck he started to last year.
Agreed. I would have gone with Jooooolio before Roddy. But that's me. Hanks also beat me in the playoffs last year, so what the heck do I know?

Back