THP Fantasy Football Week 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a really good trade offer, but wanted to see what someone else thought, The offer is: Me giving up Ray Rice for Mike Tolbert, Mario Manningham and Anquan Boldin. I think I end up better in the end, as I'm adding a lot of depth, but the flip side is the almost guarnteed 20+ points Rice gives you each week. Bring me all your thoughts, PLEASE!

In a 16 team league I would take that in a heartbeat.

I need to find a running back. Open to all trades, haha

Just got a really good trade offer, but wanted to see what someone else thought, The offer is: Me giving up Ray Rice for Mike Tolbert, Mario Manningham and Anquan Boldin. I think I end up better in the end, as I'm adding a lot of depth, but the flip side is the almost guarnteed 20+ points Rice gives you each week. Bring me all your thoughts, PLEASE!

In a 16 team league I would take that in a heartbeat.

Same here, especially if I was weak in WR and needed some depth there. I think it's a very good trade.

Trade away dude.

Ray will not give you 20+ points a week. I'd trade him as soon as possible.

I hope Cam doesn't have the Sophomore slump dude, but I fear the mighty Pack has a game plan. If only we could get Julius Peppers back and let him be the entire O-line.

The Packers defense is gonna get shreeded. Steve Smith should eat Charles Woodson for breakfast.

In a 16 team league this is a great deal for you.

I will take the other side as everybody is saying its a lock of a trade. Unless those WRs are going to be starting for you week in and week out (i dont know your team), you are technically downgrading. Tolbert is not going to give you as many points over the entire season as Rice. He is in a platoon system and they will ride the hot hand. He is a good pass catcher and that helps, but so is Rice. Now if you are weak at WR, then it can be a good trade for you because you are adding some above average WRs. Although some would say that both of those two guys are risks each week.

In my opinion, unless you are needing spots filled, you are trading a sure thing for question marks. Something I would not do.

That's great info - anyone in league two have a QB to spare for a WR of mine? All of my players except Rice are available.

League 2 (99% sure it breaks down like this):
Bearded Ladies=Puttin4Birdie
Tennessee Tiders=adwillingham
Huskair nearly Power in week 1=Huskair
Guido Fist Pump=DevRicus
Icon from lost by 40 pts in week 2=White Rhino
THAWK Seatown Bawlers=tomahawk18
Kildaire's Killers=I'm assuming it is self explanatory
Planet of the Pygmy Marmosets=me (I can't believe I'm only at 17 transactions so far, it feels like more)
Team Prison Ninjas=SW
Show Me Your TDs=Bomb_n_Gouge
Cafe de Columbia=_JL_
Team Leftouts=dmb012
Wolfpack Only=Spaceman_Spiff
Broad Street Bullies=Buckjob
Team BX Invaders=wcueb923
Walkashame Wormburners=Nuevo_eph

Thanks for all the input, my WRs are a bit weak, I'm going to take it.

Thanks for all the input, my WRs are a bit weak, I'm going to take it.

Who's your #1 WR? That does look like a good deal assuming your WR's are weak. And who does that leave you at RB?

Kind of surprised more trades aren't being done I figured in a 16 team league more people would be scrambling at week 1 but I think I have been put in a smart league.

I'm pretty pumped that I got Amendola off of waivers this morning. Couldn't believe he was dropped in the first place, can't believe more people weren't going after him off the WW. Apparently he's coming along faster than anyone expected, can't wait for him to get back into action.

I will take the other side as everybody is saying its a lock of a trade. Unless those WRs are going to be starting for you week in and week out (i dont know your team), you are technically downgrading. Tolbert is not going to give you as many points over the entire season as Rice. He is in a platoon system and they will ride the hot hand. He is a good pass catcher and that helps, but so is Rice. Now if you are weak at WR, then it can be a good trade for you because you are adding some above average WRs. Although some would say that both of those two guys are risks each week.

In my opinion, unless you are needing spots filled, you are trading a sure thing for question marks. Something I would not do.

I 0 agree with JB. Unless 2 of the 3 are going to start for you for the next 15 weeks and increase your points each week and cover Rice's, I don't think I'd make the trade.

I'm pretty pumped that I got Amendola off of waivers this morning. Couldn't believe he was dropped in the first place, can't believe more people weren't going after him off the WW. Apparently he's coming along faster than anyone expected, can't wait for him to get back into action.

He's all yours - he would just have ridden the bench for me and missed play when I need the fill-in

He's all yours - he would just have ridden the bench for me and missed play when I need the fill-in
Yeah, he'll definitely just be using up a bench spot for a while but my weakness is WR, so I like the potential when he gets back.

Lots of starters this weekend dropping like flies. Jacoby Ford is out, and it looks like Knowshon Moreno is out. Andy Dalton and Arian Foster looks to be in. Plenty of guys are on game time decision. It's gonna be a busy Sunday.

Looks like a tight matchup for Team GTL this week vs. The Grossmen. I'm hoping my kicker kicks 5 fg's over 50 yds this week to seal the win.

I'm hoping my kicker plays this week.

Who'd you pickup? I know Kaeding has been permanently shelved.

Akers. Hoping he doesn't kick off and then limp to the locker room. Kaeding is a wuss

Akers. Hoping he doesn't kick off and then limp to the locker room. Kaeding is a wuss

Then pickup Jay Feely. That dude is a tank. He's the one tackling on kickoffs and runs fake kicks in for TD's.

Akers seems good though. I mean Gore can get him down to FG range and then Smith can muck it up so Akers gets 3. I also like that if Gore scores I get 7 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back