THP FF League 1 - THE PLAYOFFS

Not sure about anyone else, but I am a nervous wreck over the playoffs. I have 4 teams this year, all in the semi-finals.

This Monday night game is killing me. Rice has no one throwing him the ball and Knox would be my next backup WR. If they are playing in the frigid outdoors I don't want to start any of them. Add to that Cutler is my QB. This is smelling like a disaster!!

This Monday night game is killing me. Rice has no one throwing him the ball and Knox would be my next backup WR. If they are playing in the frigid outdoors I don't want to start any of them. Add to that Cutler is my QB. This is smelling like a disaster!!

I think it's going to be closer than you think.

GG is rolling the dice on someone tonight. Below average player, but he is finally healthy and with her Flex player always up for grabs (since Shonne stinks), GG figured a guy that shares both of our names has to bring in the money right?

Lol. Alex Smith throws to him sometimes though. I have Cr@ptree in my other league. Wait, I mean Crabtree. Sorry about the slip.

Started ol Vjax tonight. Hopefully he doesnt pun out on me and pull a hammy.

Lol that was sick! You deserve to quote yourself!

Well glad I went with him. 58 yard td. Thank you Vjax!

And because the consolation round is more important, that is huge....I kid of course.

VJAX strikes again!

I have Rivers in one of my other leagues so I'd like him to throw anywhere from 3 to 17 TD's tonight

VJAX strikes again!

I have Rivers in one of my other leagues
so I'd like him to throw anywhere from 3 to 17 TD's tonight

And I made a last minute switch of rivers/vick so hopefully vick does good sunday since rivers is sitting on my bench.

Just glad I started Vjax, to bad im still in the loser bracket though lol

And I made a last minute switch of rivers/vick so hopefully vick does good sunday since rivers is sitting on my bench.

Just glad I started Vjax, to bad im still in the loser bracket though lol
Gotta give it to you Bridges, you kept interest and enthusiasm up so well this whole season despite the tough start. Props for that. :)

Gotta give it to you Bridges, you kept interest and enthusiasm up so well this whole season despite the tough start. Props for that. :)

Only way to do this man. Cant ever give up on a season. I know that sounds like a coach, but nothing worse than someone quitting because its not going there way.

VJax is going ballistic on the Niners which equals my team is toast.

VJax is going ballistic on the Niners which equals my team is toast.

Dude i never thought he would go off like this. I was thinking 4-50 yards(thats why he was on the bench) then Floyd was out so I bumped it up to 6-80-td (put him in few minutes before kickoff), but did not see 3 tds coming. Im happy though, Big swing for our game. Floyd being out took 13-16 pts away from you then Vjax going off added more of a swing. Sorry not trying to be a dick, im just rambling lol

Still not over though, brees/Megatron and moreno could all go off.

Nice move by Team MB. Morgan 7-106.

Wow!! Starting Morgan was a pretty ballsy move. Great job GG.

when she snagged him off of waivers I had a feeling he would be in the lineup. I think MB has had 3 or 4 different flex players in the last few weeks. Greene, Bennett, now Morgan. 17 points is almost an Obomanu performance! Nice play

sorta thread hijack - but relevant, perhaps, nonetheless.

I made it to our final championship game in fantasy for the 2nd straight year, finally won the big game last year for the first time! This year im the underdog, was a #7 seed out of 8 and just won the last two weeks to make it.

Heres my dilemna: Ive pretty much rode my studs throughout the playoffs. A firm policy i usually adhere too. Id rather go down with my studs, that go down bc i benched one and put in a backup that was SUPPOSED to have a good week.

That being said: heres my lineup - and the TWO big questions of the week. Who to start.

QB- Peyton *no question there
RB1- Arian Foster *again no question
RB2 - Either BRADSHAW vs PHI or J.Stewart vs ARI (dream matchup)

WR1 - DeSean Jackson
WR2 - Wes Welker

TE - Tony Gonzalez

K - Akers

DEF1 - NYG vs PHI or CLE @ CIN

So the big question: do i bench bradshaw who historically does not play well against PHILLY? and shares a bunch of carris with jacobs (though that hasnt mattered lately, they both have produced.)
And go with Jonathan Stewart- who plays well at the end of the season, is sharing minimal carries with Goodson, and has a DREAM matchup against ARI that has the 29th ranked worst run defense, and has given up 8 TDS on the ground in the last 5 games.

Im leaning stewart now- but my heart is with bradshaw. Philly is without their star MLB Stewart Bradley (big run stopper) But NYG will prob be down the whole game - and fighting with a pass atack to get back in it...

Also with Welker - hes blown up lately - but i could play Kenny Britt - whos playing the leagues worst pass defense in HOU - again sticking with my stud, but ive considered BRITT

And then Defenses: NYG at Phi - ive ridden the giants all year - they get after QB, pile up sacks, INt, FR - for tons of points - but i dont see them holding PHI out of the end zone or piling up yards. While clevelands defense is quietly creeping up the ladder and holding their own. They play a terrible bengals offense - against a QB in palmer that cannot stop throwing pick 6's to save his life.

AHH

sorry long winded post... im second guessing my decisions this week - as its for all the marbles - the payout to the winner was almost $950 big ones last year and i really just want to put my name on the trophy for back to back titles the first time ever in our league of 10 years. First repeat champion has a VERY nice ring to it.

Im just so flopped on the who to start - like i have never been before.

interested to hear your thoughts on who'd you start. thanks for reading all this lol its greatly appreciated!

Dude i never thought he would go off like this. I was thinking 4-50 yards(thats why he was on the bench) then Floyd was out so I bumped it up to 6-80-td (put him in few minutes before kickoff), but did not see 3 tds coming. Im happy though, Big swing for our game. Floyd being out took 13-16 pts away from you then Vjax going off added more of a swing. Sorry not trying to be a dick, im just rambling lol

Still not over though, brees/Megatron and moreno could all go off.

Nice move by Team MB. Morgan 7-106.

That was a VERY last minute decision and I am so glad it was made!

Thanks! For once my indecisiveness paid off.

when she snagged him off of waivers I had a feeling he would be in the lineup. I think MB has had 3 or 4 different flex players in the last few weeks. Greene, Bennett, now Morgan. 17 points is almost an Obomanu performance! Nice play

I have struggled with that flex spot. I just never had a solid guy to put in there and I had to keep starting Boldin even though he sucks but I knew the week I pulled him he would go off. I am still waiting for that week of course haha.

Greene gets a lot of late carries in the 4th quarter but they often add up, just not normally enough to get me out of the nasty hole I have dug. Bennett is so inconsistent. Each week they say he is their new go-to guy but when you have a crappy QB and a team that just sucks than how valuable is the go-to guy? So it's been a rough one with my flex guys.

That was a VERY last minute decision and I am so glad it was made!

Thanks! For once my indecisiveness paid off.

I have struggled with that flex spot. I just never had a solid guy to put in there and I had to keep starting Boldin even though he sucks but I knew the week I pulled him he would go off. I am still waiting for that week of course haha.

Greene gets a lot of late carries in the 4th quarter but they often add up, just not normally enough to get me out of the nasty hole I have dug. Bennett is so inconsistent. Each week they say he is their new go-to guy but when you have a crappy QB and a team that just sucks than how valuable is the go-to guy? So it's been a rough one with my flex guys.

Ummm are you calling my QB crappy?!

Haha I guess I did. Maybe I should reword that to say crappy the last few weeks. Would that be better? How about less than stellar or not quite living up to his potential or early season performance?

No crappy pretty much covers it. Heck I'm starting Bradford over him this week as I just don't see him putting up any sort of numbers in the frigid cold. That game is killing me as Rice/Cutler/Knox playing in the Metrodome is quite different from them playing in -20. This is the only game in my life that I will be rooting for Favre to start

He didn't do well in the cold last week so if history is to repeat itself he would be in trouble again. I wouldn't hold your breath on Favre, everything seems to point to Webb getting the start. I figure that game goes one of two ways. It's a defensive score feast or it's the most boring game ever and we see more punts then points.

No crappy pretty much covers it. Heck I'm starting Bradford over him this week as I just don't see him putting up any sort of numbers in the frigid cold. That game is killing me as Rice/Cutler/Knox playing in the Metrodome is quite different from them playing in -20. This is the only game in my life that I will be rooting for Favre to start

Back