Tiger Thinks He's Still the Best

So does golf dude. But you mean to tell me that you have not seen any cursing outbursts or equipment slamming in tennis? Really? I am pretty sure you might want to watch more. Pretty sure you just said "every other sport", Id love to hear these other sports.

I don't know about that, but I know John McEnroe never did any of those things. hehe

I would love the last 15 seconds of my life back. Is your latest debate side that kids dont try and emulate Tiger Woods? Because I could swear earlier in the thread you said that Nike Golf was built on him and people are buying things because of him. That would be emulation no?

Every kid trys to emulate the way their favorite athlete PERFORMS, wears their clothing yes, Jordans still sell like crazy but JB if you had a child and he immitated Tiger throwing clubs is it not up to you at that moment to correct that action, and the last 15 seconds of your life back? Dude its a forum that you own use to to express thoughts and discuss things thats it, I think some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously. Its just a discussion. Emulating someones swing and wearing their clothing is totally different to emulating them throwing their clubs and swearing. Simply tell a child you can play the way Tiger plays and wear his clothing but you will not throw clubs and swear or you wont be playing. Done.

You said he is the fifth BEST player in the world, not the fifth RANKED player. Not the same thing. When's the last time he won? Woudn't the fifth BEST player in the world win more than, say, never in the last say, 500 days or so?

So Tiger is not the atleast the 5th best player in the world? WOW. I think they decide rankings by your body of work....

So does golf dude. But you mean to tell me that you have not seen any cursing outbursts or equipment slamming in tennis? Really? I am pretty sure you might want to watch more. Pretty sure you just said "every other sport", Id love to hear these other sports.

I have also seen point deductions, and people lose critical games because of those actions in Tennis. I never once said that they didnt slam racquets and curse, I simply said that they have rules that are enforced, golf doesnt.

I have also seen point deductions, and people lose critical games because of those actions in Tennis. I never once said that they didnt slam racquets and curse, I simply said that they have rules that are enforced, golf doesnt.

Still would love to hear about this "every sport" that you speak of????

As for point deductions, no, but there are fines in golf...See spitting incident.

Who's letting TV raise their child? I'm not. Just because it's my responsibility to teach my child right from wrong doesn't mean that I should accept that Tiger drops an F bomb during what should be a relatively family friendly event. We're talking golf here. Not a concert or a trip to the roller derby. I don't need Tiger to give me examples of what to tell my kid not to do.

Well when Tiger hits the ball I suggest you mute the TV or change the channel. Because I dont think he is going to stop.

So Tiger is not the atleast the 5th best player in the world? WOW. I think they decide rankings by your body of work....

Not right now he's not. He's definitely ranked higher than he should be because of how the rankings are done. He's fifth RANKED, no argument. But maybe 20th best today. Maybe. Probably worse.

Well when Tiger hits the ball I suggest you mute the TV or change the channel. Because I dont think he is going to stop.

Awesome solution. I have a better one. I'll just tell my kid that Tiger is a rotten person that ruined his family and can't learn to act like an adult, making him a poor choice of role models.

Still would love to hear about this "every sport" that you speak of????

As for point deductions, no, but there are fines in golf...See spitting incident.

Spitting incident was on Euro tour and was fined not immediately after incident the same day, it was fined after there was so much talk about it they had no choice but to do it. I remeber one time a story was released about Tiger being fined and made a point to tell the media that he received no fine for whatever it is he done. The only individual sport I could think of was Tennis, other than the big 4, that Nascar dude got fined for calling that other racer an a** and they have rules that govern their actions.

Awesome solution. I have a better one. I'll just tell my kid that Tiger is a rotten person that ruined his family and can't learn to act like an adult, making him a poor choice of role models.

Perfect but at the end make sure to say but he is a hell of a golfer!!! And I wouldnt use rotten person, I would use a human being that made a horrible mistake, that hurt his family and that he will one day have to explain to his kids. Always remeber that Tiger is someones child and Im sure you being a parent would not want anyone to call your child a rotten person no matter how old he is. Remember we are all human beings at the end of the day. Oh yes and I totally agree with the not a good role model part, funny thing is most guys on here loved Tiger and thought he was the perfect role model until the scandal broke....and Tiger broke all of your little hearts because yall thought Tiger was perfect :crying:, im sorry he hurt yall so much.

Perfect but at the end make sure to say but he is a hell of a golfer!!! And I wouldnt use rotten person, I would use a human being that made a horrible mistake, that hurt his family and that he will one day have to explain to his kids. Always remeber that Tiger is someones child and Im sure you being a parent would not want anyone to call your child a rotten person no matter how old he is. Remember we are all human beings at the end of the day.

I was really just saying that for effect, by the way. I said earlier that I believe in second chances and I meant it, especially in Tiger's case. But, he really needs to learn how to behave on the course. There are lots of kids that look up to him and parents shouldn't have to explain that stuff to their kids. He's a dad too and should understand that.

Spitting incident was on Euro tour and was fined not immediately after incident the same day, it was fined after there was so much talk about it they had no choice but to do it. I remeber one time a story was released about Tiger being fined and made a point to tell the media that he received no fine for whatever it is he done. The only individual sport I could think of was Tennis, other than the big 4, that Nascar dude got fined for calling that other racer an a** and they have rules that govern their actions.

So I guess the answer is that most sports do not have rules like that rather than every sport does. Okay, that clearly makes more sense.

Perfect but at the end make sure to say but he is a hell of a golfer!!! And I wouldnt use rotten person, I would use a human being that made a horrible mistake, that hurt his family and that he will one day have to explain to his kids. Always remeber that Tiger is someones child and Im sure you being a parent would not want anyone to call your child a rotten person no matter how old he is. Remember we are all human beings at the end of the day.

I really think you should probably make that plural! This was not some "mistake" that was made. This was calculated actionS that went on for a rather long period of time.

I'm actually talking about the lovers and the haters. You guys do this all the time, back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Don't you guys ever get sick of it?

How could you get sick of this P4B. I sound incredibly intelligent in this thread. :act-up: And enough with the hater talk. Someone being subjective does not turn into a hater just because they are not a fan. Part of the job (and my job history) comes with not being a fan.

And coming from a guy that wears TW underoos, I will take that as a compliment.

I'm actually talking about the lovers and the haters. You guys do this all the time, back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Don't you guys ever get sick of it?

I usually wait until it goes on and on and on, and then I can't help myself to put my two cents in. Especially when someone says only four people are better than he is!

How could you get sick of this P4B. I sound incredibly intelligent in this thread. :act-up:

And coming from a guy that wears TW underoos, I will take that as a compliment.
You always sound incredibly intelligent as far as you're concerned buddy! I honestly haven't read a lot of this, but I'll bet there are a couple people saying that Tiger is amazing and he will be back at #1 and then there are a few saying what has he done lately, he can't hit it straight, his game will never be the same....same old song and dance. The same debate comes up usually once a month or so. I'll set my watch once this one is over....I'll guess...oh look, just in time for the Masters....for sure! :D

I was really just saying that for effect, by the way. I said earlier that I believe in second chances and I meant it, especially in Tiger's case. But, he really needs to learn how to behave on the course. There are lots of kids that look up to him and parents shouldn't have to explain that stuff to their kids. He's a dad too and should understand that.

I totally agree, he should want to be better just for his own children. And I totally agree that parents shouldnt have to but in todays world, people have to do alot of things that they shouldnt have to do. Tiger needs to rememeber "To whom much is given much is expected".

You always sound incredibly intelligent as far as you're concerned buddy! I honestly haven't read a lot of this, but I'll bet there are a couple people saying that Tiger is amazing and he will be back at #1 and then there are a few saying what has he done lately, he can't hit it straight, his game will never be the same....same old song and dance. The same debate comes up usually once a month or so. I'll set my watch once this one is over....I'll guess...oh look, just in time for the Masters....for sure! :D

Then maybe before criticizing, you might want to read the thread, because it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with bad attitudes on teh course....And I know how you feel about that.

Then maybe before criticizing, you might want to read the thread, because it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with bad attitudes on teh course....And I know how you feel about that.
Oh yeah I was way off. I'll catch right up and play along.....I hate his attitude on the course. I hate a lot of players attitude on the course, even my own at times.

I really think you should probably make that plural! This was not some "mistake" that was made. This was calculated actionS that went on for a rather long period of time.

JB, bro I hope you never make a mistake in life, my brother. Tiger was no different then Enron or MCI, taking serioulsy thought out and calculated chances, thinking that the rules didint apply to them. He messed up, HUGE, truly will not defend that, if that was my sister I wouldve whooped Tiger's A double crooked letter, but the only person that should be hurt by his actions are his childern and most of all his wife, Tiger didnt make a vow to any of you guys on here, I dont remember any of you crying in a magazine article in front of your kids, THAT WAS ELIN, thats who he hurt, everyone else HE DIDNT HURT YOU, GET OVER IT! And I cant wait to meet all of you guys on THP...one day.

I usually wait until it goes on and on and on, and then I can't help myself to put my two cents in. Especially when someone says only four people are better than he is!

We all agree that the number one ranked player is the best in the world, correct? Not your opinion, a fact based off of the ranking system, that is accepted by MAJORITY of golf productions, whatever they maybe. He might not be playing like it but if you believe that the number one ranked player is the best in the world going by the same system, Tiger is the 5th best player in the world. We are not asking what he is playing like the fact is based off a system established and recognized globally, Tiger is the 5th best golfer in the world.

Back