Tucked or Untucked that is the question!

Tucked or Untucked that is the question!

• Tuck

Votes: 104 74.3%
  • Untuck

Votes: 36 25.7%

• Total voters
Wow, those are some rules. Local munis around here are much more lax. You may even see jean shorts, no shoes and no shirt. Doesn't make for a pretty round!!!

you want to try playing here in the UK... now i am no spring chicken, 45 years old soon, but i firmly think that no man should ever tuck a shirt in unless it is a business meeting or a funeral!! But the clubs here do tend to get a bit snotty over the shirt rule, and clothing in general. You could turn up in the latest Nike vented non collared shirt as worn by Paul Casey in a major but as it has no collar some old idiot would complain!
Shirt out as long as what you have on is presentable, most golf company polo shirts have their logos right at the bottom so they expect it to be worn out!! :)

Usually tucked in for me, I actually feel as though the extra room having the shirt untucked makes my swing worse! But another reason for me personally is that it just makes you look more the part, maybe it's just me as I have read a lot of people on here wear their shirts untucked.

Always tucked if I wear pants. When in shorts, it depends on the shirt, the shorts, playing partners, the course, and how casual I feel.... I think I am the only one that tucks in my regular foursome. I do it more to respect the game than to intimidate any playing partners, as they've been beating me often over the last few months!!

Can someone help me with something. How does tucking a shirt in or untucking a shirt help with temperature? Is that much cool air blowing up your shirt during swings? Really curious?

Too funny, I thought the same thing. Tucked for me. Looking better = more confidence, = lower scores? I know, I'm way over thinking this one.

I keep mine tucked. I think it looks better. And I don't want the baggy front of a shirt to "grab" hold of the butt of the club hindering my swing.

Always tucked in whether in shorts or pants. Hate my shirt tail flopping around while I'm trying to swing. I have a hard enough time with my swing without something else getting in the way.

the only time I tuck is when wearing a suit.That's only for funerals now-a-days.
So the answer is untucked

If the club I am playing has a tuck rule then I am tucked for the first hole but other than that I am untucked all the way. I have to wear suits at work all the time and the last thing I want to do on my free time is feel like I'm at work.

Tucked. My school ordered my shirts a size too large and it looks stupid if it is untucked. Now to figureout a way to shorten the sleeves.

I was made to tuck everything I wore in when I was a kid , even sweat shirts & I continue to do it today .
Just remember my Mom telling me I looked like a hooligan when I had my shirts untucked & what people would think of her letting me look this way !!!

I'm untucked most of the time unless I'm at a real nice course. The only exception to the nice course rule is if I'm playing the Palmer at PGA National with Hawk, JB and TC. Then I go untucked.

I keep mine tucked. I think it looks better. And I don't want the baggy front of a shirt to "grab" hold of the butt of the club hindering my swing.

+1 It helps keep the shirt out of my way - I especially notice it when I am on the greens

Tucked, always, even if I am in jeans.

Always tucked in. Only time I don't: if I'm at the range (separate place not at actual golf course then its a t-shirt untucked).

Untucked for comfortability... plus most of the course I play really don't have a dress code... the only time I tuck is when I've been invited to a Private Club. I plan on playing some tournaments in 2011 and I will tuck then also.

tuck. always

Only when I wear a skirt.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Tuck for sure. Dressing smartly helps with confidence and shows confidence as well as pride.

john

always tucked! Even on a bad course. But, my shirt tends to come untucked quite easily

I only tuck my shirt in if it is huge/baggy or I'm wearing pants instead of shorts (which is rare).

Only when I wear a skirt.

Trying to sneak into the LPGA without surgery?

Untucked for me, just a preference no real logic one way or the other

Definitely tucked, I just find it looks more professional. I believe in the If you look good, you feel, you play good thing.

Back