UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Great looking trophy. Sounds like everything is shaping up nicely. I am looking forward to reading the recap and checking out the pictures.

Incidentally, when I say carry me, for Gods sake, don't try to lift me, that really would end in tears...

No chance of trying to lift you up, although we may all try to throw you in a lake if we do win :D

UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Doc, you meant WHEN we win! Due to Health and Safety concerns we just throw Bully in. He's a feather weight at most. ;)

Doc, you meant WHEN we win! Due to Health and Safety concerns we just throw Bully in. He's a feather weight at most. ;)

Ooops, apologies Captain, I did mean when we win, thanks for pointing out the glaring mistake in my earlier post :embarrassed:

Weather is looking good lads,
Sunday

Monday

Yes, I did notice that as well - keeping everything crossed it stays like that as it was absolutely bouncing down with rain here this morning while I was driving to work. I will do my damndest to leave the rain here when we head south tomorrow night!

Not wanting to come across as all "mum" in this post, but just in case anyone that's coming along to The Belfry is wandering what they need to bring here's a rough list of things you may require.......

* Playing gear for Sunday - Please note rules are strict on clothing on the course so dress smart!
* Playing gear for Monday - Don't forget that we have all purchased printed shirts which Bully will be bringing along. It would be nice if we could all wear these on the Monday.
* Wet weather gear - Chances are we wont need it but better safe than sorry
* Golf clubs - durr obvious!
* Golf Trolley, Battery and Charger
* Casual clothes for Sunday afternoon - Jeans and a T-Shirt is fine if your planning on touring the grounds, spending a few quid in the bar etc
* Smart Clothes for Sunday evening - I'm told the restaurant is quite nice so smart jeans/shirt or trousers and shirt is suggested
* Swimming trunks (no budge smugglers please ;)) Lots of facilities to make use of and I found the sauna, spa, pool combination to leave me nice and loose for the 2nd day.
* Camera - most important, the more pictures we can get both on and off the course the better!

Anything else you want to bring is up to you :)

Not wanting to come across as all "mum" in this post, but just in case anyone that's coming along to The Belfry is wandering what they need to bring here's a rough list of things you may require.......

* Playing gear for Sunday - Please note rules are strict on clothing on the course so dress smart!
* Playing gear for Monday - Don't forget that we have all purchased printed shirts which Bully will be bringing along. It would be nice if we could all wear these on the Monday.
* Wet weather gear - Chances are we wont need it but better safe than sorry
* Golf clubs - durr obvious!
* Golf Trolley, Battery and Charger
* Casual clothes for Sunday afternoon - Jeans and a T-Shirt is fine if your planning on touring the grounds, spending a few quid in the bar etc
* Smart Clothes for Sunday evening - I'm told the restaurant is quite nice so smart jeans/shirt or trousers and shirt is suggested
* Swimming trunks (no budge smugglers please ;)) Lots of facilities to make use of and I found the sauna, spa, pool combination to leave me nice and loose for the 2nd day.
* Camera - most important, the more pictures we can get both on and off the course the better!

Anything else you want to bring is up to you :)

Golf clothing - So my flourescent orange shorts to match my new shoes will have to stay at home.....
Golf clubs - Waste of time, they don't work
Trolley - you mean we won't have a caddy to carry the clubs?!?!?!?!?!
Swimming trunks - you didn't mention a mankini? Is that ok?
Camera - not a chance, no way I am having evidence of my rubbish game being published!

I think the idea of the camera is to get sufficient evidence of others to blackmail them into silence about your own mishaps, at least that's what I'll be trying!!

Golf clothing - So my flourescent orange shorts to match my new shoes will have to stay at home.....

Errr.......

Golf clubs - Waste of time, they don't work

Know the feeling, dont know why I own golf clubs sometimes

Trolley - you mean we won't have a caddy to carry the clubs?!?!?!?!?!

We do, but I think three sets if probably too many for your team captain to carry ;)

Swimming trunks - you didn't mention a mankini? Is that ok?

Not so keen myself but I know Burgerbudge, Crag Rat, Bully, David L and El Bandito would all be very keen to see that :)

Camera - not a chance, no way I am having evidence of my rubbish game being published!

LOL that's part of the fun!

Okay, I will dress sensibly.....

Okay, I will dress sensibly.....

Jose Maria! You will dress with Spanish style and panache as befits a legend of the game. I like the sound of the mankini and the fluorescent! Maybe you could combine?

Now. Team instructions for Sunday morning. I will use a clever tactic to distract Mav281. Something really clever like "Chris! Fancy a smoke mate?" As we disappear out the door, you snaffle all the yellow balls. Game over. We win.

Got it?

Jose Maria! You will dress with Spanish style and panache as befits a legend of the game. I like the sound of the mankini and the fluorescent! Maybe you could combine?

Now. Team instructions for Sunday morning. I will use a clever tactic to distract Mav281. Something really clever like "Chris! Fancy a smoke mate?" As we disappear out the door, you snaffle all the yellow balls. Game over. We win.

Got it?

There is no chance of a mankini lol

Team tactics, that sounds good to me :D

Got it?

No smoking for me this weekend then :(

Next name Mav?

Have you been staring at the screen from 8?

Me too! It's like Christmas!

LOL - the pair of you are like kids at Christmas!

OK just one name for you tonight and that is Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy) on team Dicks.

Team Dicks - David Liversedge, Sam Guest, Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy)

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor)

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully), Martin Newton

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz)

Two more names tomorrow and the final two on Saturday night :)

Mav, I have just been looking at the maps for Sunday morning and taking the A12 to the M25 is heading way south of the route that I was planning to take, but if you want to meet at the Bishops Stortford services where the A120 joins the M11 I am up for that

My route goes west along the A120 to the M11, then A14, etc - it reckons about 50mins or so to get to the services then another 2hrs to get to the Belfry so if you want to meet at these services instead I can be there between 7.00 - 7.15ish?

LOL - the pair of you are like kids at Christmas!

OK just one name for you tonight and that is Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy) on team Dicks.

Team Dicks - David Liversedge, Sam Guest, Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy)

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor)

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully), Martin Newton

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz)

Two more names tomorrow and the final two on Saturday night :)

I think Crag Rat has gone off in a sulk MAV....you are killing the man!

Mav, I have just been looking at the maps for Sunday morning and taking the A12 to the M25 is heading way south of the route that I was planning to take, but if you want to meet at the Bishops Stortford services where the A120 joins the M11 I am up for that

My route goes west along the A120 to the M11, then A14, etc - it reckons about 50mins or so to get to the services then another 2hrs to get to the Belfry so if you want to meet at these services instead I can be there between 7.00 - 7.15ish?

Thats actually the route I would take, so more than apply to do that mate.

OK, so we will meet you at the services at Bishops Storford about 7:15am ish and we can go from there.

We will be in a black Vauxhall Insignia.

Thats actually the route I would take, so more than apply to do that mate.

OK, so we will meet you at the services at Bishops Storford about 7:15am ish and we can go from there.

We will be in a black Vauxhall Insignia.

Ok, I will keep an eye out - I will be in a blue Seat Ibiza

Will drop you a PM with my mobile number as well, just in case

Just like being back at school, last 4 again!! Mav, where did you go to try all the different shafts.

Just like being back at school, last 4 again!! Mav, where did you go to try all the different shafts.

Could be a case of I am saving the best till last......

Of course you could be right and you are just one of the last yet again ;)

Back