UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Just like being back at school, last 4 again!! Mav, where did you go to try all the different shafts.
Just an observation....but of the four remaining, I believe that three were in the last group of Day 2 at the Winter Cup??

in terms of shafts CragRat, if you ever fancy a wee trip down to the wilds of Hampshire, the club fitter that I use will gladly sort you out. He has an industrial unit with every wall covered in rack after rack of shafts....I'll provide a bed and around of golf and away you go....

Thanks El B, that sounds like a plan if I don't cave before hand?! need to hear about this US trip too over the next couple of days

Thanks El B, that sounds like a plan if I don't cave before hand?! need to hear about this US trip too over the next couple of days
Trip is really down to you getting the 'pass'. I imagine weekends off require significant brownie point expenditure with Management and mini management...however an important 'meeting' down South midweek requiring you to power schmooze over Dinner.......business is business after all:wink:

in terms of the US trip...just wind me up and let me go...so excited and frankly humbled by the generosity of RoundersRob, you may have trouble shutting me up!

Just like being back at school, last 4 again!! Mav, where did you go to try all the different shafts.

Are you talking about driver or irons?

I took a punt on my KBS Tour 90 shafts as I brought the clubs pre release. Best thing I did though because the RBladez are outstanding irons and I've been really pleased with them.

Driver wise I ended up trying something off eBay for my original Razr Fit - an Aldila NVS shaft. Whilst it was reasonable it still wasn't quite what I was looking for which was when I have the Razr Fit Xtreme a shot with the Aldila Trinity shaft in it - seems to suit me down to the ground and I'm as happy with that as I have been with anything I have tried off the tee!

Are you talking about driver or irons?

I took a punt on my KBS Tour 90 shafts as I brought the clubs pre release. Best thing I did though because the RBladez are outstanding irons and I've been really pleased with them.

Driver wise I ended up trying something off eBay for my original Razr Fit - an Aldila NVS shaft. Whilst it was reasonable it still wasn't quite what I was looking for which was when I have the Razr Fit Xtreme a shot with the Aldila Trinity shaft in it - seems to suit me down to the ground and I'm as happy with that as I have been with anything I have tried off the tee!

New driver then? Well perhaps you should hit the first shot at the Cup ;)

Incidentally, another massive shout out for all of your hard work in putting together another event. Mav281, Chris, you are THE MAN.

Mav, same club but I've tried it with the Project X 6, stiff shaft 9.5' launch. What's yours?

El B - what did I miss re Rounders Rob, has he organised something?

Mav, same club but I've tried it with the Project X 6, stiff shaft 9.5' launch. What's yours?

My driver has the Aldila Trinity shaft in it in Reg flex. It's a fairly high launching shaft that seems to combine really well with the Razr Fit Xtreme head - been really pleased with it.

El B - what did I miss re Rounders Rob, has he organised something?

Not much.

Picking me up at San Jose airport. Putting me up for three nights. Organising golf at San Juan Oaks, Pasatiempo and a wee course called Pebble Beach then taking me back to the airport.

Oh yes and has offered me the keys to his wine cellar and believe me this man knows his wine. Piat d'Or it ain't!

Staggering or what?

Wow what a great guy! Have you met him or was this all sorted over the web?

Have a look at a Fubuki stiff too. Really settling in with mine.

Wow what a great guy! Have you met him or was this all sorted over the web?

All through the Hackers Paradise my friend. Check out the thread "where to tee it up in the USA in August" in the arrange a game section...

Not much.
Picking me up at San Jose airport. Putting me up for three nights. Organising golf at San Juan Oaks, Pasatiempo and a wee course called Pebble Beach then taking me back to the airport.
Oh yes and has offered me the keys to his wine cellar and believe me this man knows his wine. Piat d'Or it ain't!
Staggering or what?

That level of generosity right there absolutely astounds me.

The guy has no idea who you are or what you are like yet extends an offer of that sort based around a few conversations on the forum.

I've never spent time on any other forum or website where someone would go to that sort of lengths to help someone out - truly amazing.

The guy has no idea who you are or what you are like yet extends an offer of that sort based around a few conversations on the forum.

I've never spent time on any other forum or website where someone would go to that sort of lengths to help someone out - truly amazing.

And El B doesn't know him either.....maybe this weekend will be the last time we ever see him at an event.....the wine cellar may just be a ruse to entice him in..... :alien:

RoundersRob - if you are reading this I am only having a joke, there is nothing serious about it

You and me both pal. We have chatted via e mail etc and I have given some details so that Rob can verify that I am not a nutcase (or not a dangerous one anyway) but I agree, there is no other place like this.

And El B doesn't know him either.....maybe this weekend will be the last time we ever see him at an event.....the wine cellar may just be a ruse to entice him in..... :alien:

RoundersRob - if you are reading this I am only having a joke, there is nothing serious about it

Wishful thinking Doc! I am like a bad penny! Impossible to get rid of. I know a little of Rob's taste in wine. I dabble a little myself. Anyone with such an educated palette is, in my view, a gentleman. Now don't scare him off! ;)

Wishful thinking Doc! I am like a bad penny! Impossible to get rid of. I know a little of Rob's taste in wine. I dabble a little myself. Anyone with such an educated palette is, in my view, a gentleman. Now don't scare him off! ;)

Sounds like an ideal opportunity to share a decent bottle of wine with someone over a steak - perhaps Sunday night say ;)

Sounds like an ideal opportunity to share a decent bottle of wine with someone over a steak - perhaps Sunday night say ;)

A bottle of wine....dare we risk a second?:)

A bottle of wine....dare we risk a second?:)

Much like you mate, I appreciate a bottle of wine from towards the bottom of the list that's usually a tad more expensive.

My missus won't drink red wine at all - so it's often a treat for me when someone else suggests we get a decent bottle of red. As such I'm afraid I am not in a position to cap the number of bottles we may or may not consume.

My driver has the Aldila Trinity shaft in it in Reg flex. It's a fairly high launching shaft that seems to combine really well with the Razr Fit Xtreme head - been really pleased with it.

Interesting isn't it, I had been fitted for the x hot pro and was happily swinging away when the guy came over and said how was it?

When I said that it was long but drifting in the wind he said that he'd been wondering whether I should try the lower spinning extreme?

Gave me the Project X shaft and the flight was so much lower than either the XHP or my current TaylorMade which has a matrix to shaft with the same 9.5' head.

I think your feedback that the Aldila shaft is high launching will count that out for me though.

Whilst not in your league guys I'd be more than happy to share a few bottles with you all, if there is at least 4 of us then we can try more wines :)

Interesting isn't it, I had been fitted for the x hot pro and was happily swinging away when the guy came over and said how was it?

When I said that it was long but drifting in the wind he said that he'd been wondering whether I should try the lower spinning extreme?

Gave me the Project X shaft and the flight was so much lower than either the XHP or my current TaylorMade which has a matrix to shaft with the same 9.5' head.

I think your feedback that the Aldila shaft is high launching will count that out for me though.

The link below will take you to the Aldila website and gives you a rough idea of the spin rate vs launch angle.

http://www.aldila.com/custom-fitting/fitting-guide/

The Trinity shaft is slap bang in the middle, but is quite high launching as you can see.

There's plenty of different shafts out there, but if you are looking at Aldila then you might want to give the Aldila NV shaft a shot - mid spin, mid launch, would suit you quite well I think.

Whilst not in your league guys I'd be more than happy to share a few bottles with you all, if there is at least 4 of us then we can try more wines :)

More the merrier mate - just means we can split the cost of the bottle and try 3 or 4 different ones :)

Thanks Mav, to both replies!

So, MAV, El B, Chris, Stu and CragRat - that's 5 already.:sinister:

JDPW is fond of a decent drop, and Dirk St Moritz is not averse (apart from his condition) ((he has deep pockets and short arms:rofl:))

only kidding Dirko!

Back