WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Serious BREAKING FREAKING NEWS!

Spoiler
Tiger Woods is not competing today....

But seriously, SERIOUS BREAKING NEWS For Real

Spoiler
Lee Westwood is not wearing white pants....Tooth clash?

:laughing: So wrong, but so funny

Crane is putting the smackdown on Mcilroy!

Phil or Fowler? Who's the fovorite? I think Phil has it if he plays like he did yesterday. I'm assuming he played well, never saw any of it.

I'll echo what a lot of people are saying on Twitter: Showing Morning Drive, followed by Golf Central Pregame, while matches are out on the course? LOUSY decision by the Golf Channel.

I think I am the only one that doesnt get upset by this. I dont know any channel that shows events from start to finish. Heck look at the majors on the major networks.

I'll echo what a lot of people are saying on Twitter: Showing Morning Drive, followed by Golf Central Pregame, while matches are out on the course? LOUSY decision by the Golf Channel.

Yeah the golf channel six. You would think they would show GOLF!

What's new, I always thought the reason for a golf channel was to show golf. LOL

Cink is getting spanked

Phil Mickelson lays the trash talk on Rickie Fowler!
From Twitter: RT @dougferguson405 Rickie going w/pink shoes. Phil tells him daughter Sophia has a pair, too: "she wears them to dance class"

I think I am the only one that doesnt get upset by this. I dont know any channel that shows events from start to finish. Heck look at the majors on the major networks.

True JB I guess some of us junkies think the golf channel has nothing better to show and I want to see every shot.LOL Just my opinion of course.

Phil Mickelson lays the trash talk on Rickie Fowler!
From Twitter: RT @dougferguson405 Rickie going w/pink shoes. Phil tells him daughter Sophia has a pair, too: "she wears them to dance class"

Would suck to get kicked in the butt by said pink shoes!

What's new, I always thought the reason for a golf channel was to show golf. LOL
No the reason is to make money. We are just the target audience.

The thing with the tiger coverage is that when he's on the course, we (the hardcore golf fan) are no longer the target audience. Us diehards are going to watch golf regardless if they show tiger or the nationwide tour or the first round of a women's college golf match because it's golf. When Tiger is on the course the tv networks are constantly dangle him out there as bait to attrack a wider audience to get bigger ratings which equals bargaining chip charge more for advertisement's. sportscenter and the internet let joe average know that tiger's playing so they'll get curious and which to the golf channel, and the golf channel wants to make sure they see tiger and stick around before they get "bored" with these "no names" like westwood, #12, casey and so on, and turn the channel back to whatever no golf thing they were watching.

It's like when i watch Espn, they'realways going to show the celtics and lakers and yankees and duke and north carolina 5x more per season than any other team because they know that i, the hardcore fan, is going to watch these sports even if i'm sick of these teams because i want to watch basketball/baseball. They're angling to get the occasional non-fan who likes said team, or is intrigued by said team, or only knows said team and that's what will keep them around.

For what it's worth, if Mickelson beats Fowler today, he will overtake Tiger in the World Rankings for the first time since 1997. The week after that in 1997, Tiger won the Masters. Probably not going to see something similar next week, since Tiger's people have come out and said that he's not playing at the Honda Classic.

I can't believe Ben Crane is 4 up through 6 over Rory McIlroy.

Big shocker to me. Am I the only one who gets Crane and Byrd mixed up? I don't even know if they look alike, but for some reason I do.

I just got spoiled by six hours yesterday.

For what it's worth, if Mickelson beats Fowler today, he will overtake Tiger in the World Rankings for the first time since 1997. The week after that in 1997, Tiger won the Masters. Probably not going to see something similar next week, since Tiger's people have come out and said that he's not playing at the Honda Classic.

Phil will find a way not to. Phil had the number 1 spot served up to him on a platter all last year and kept sending the waiter away.

I can't believe Crane is beating Rory so mercilessly!

PGATOUR PGA TOUR
Match updates: @Y_E_Yang 5up/12 over @StewartCink; Jason Day 3up/11 on @Paul_Casey; Ben Crane 6up/9 on @McIlroyRory. Watney 1up/3 Westwood.

Phil will find a way not to. Phil had the number 1 spot served up to him on a platter all last year and kept sending the waiter away.

I thought about that! Fowler now 2-up on Mickelson.

Back