WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Underrated part of match play: how much you can tick off your opponent by making him putt really short putts. Paul Casey just shot Jason Day a look of disdain after Day made him putt a 2-footer. Something to look forward to in the Morgan Cup!

Wow, are you with Alan Shipnuck? :act-up:

Is Crane playing really well or is Rory stinking it up?

Not sure just seeing the scoring not the actual match

I wonder if Lee Westwood will give us another gem on twitter if he goes home. They are showing him today like he requested and he is (as usual) laying an egg.

Lee just saw his good friend Rory getting his butt whooped and probably figured they could both go home on the same day. Quite nice of him to join Rory like that.

WOW, Rory just conceded in the 11th fairway! He loses 8 and 7 to Crane!

People wont like Casey when he is angry.

Underrated part of match play: how much you can tick off your opponent by making him putt really short putts. Paul Casey just shot Jason Day a look of disdain after Day made him putt a 2-footer. Something to look forward to in the Morgan Cup!

Wow, are you with Alan Shipnuck? :act-up:

Totally with Shipnuck on that one, I laughed my head off over Casey. I still remember Mark O'Meara getting upset at Tiger in the World Match Play back in 97 or 98 when Tiger made him putt a 2-footer. Mark told Tiger before it that Tiger would have given him that putt at Isleworth! After Mark made the putt, he laid his putter down on the ground to show that it was inside the leather, I thought that was classic.

Rory is finally done,he played horrible today.Congrats to Ben Crane he played very well.

Is it me or everytime Toothy and Rory open their mouth, they write a check their a$$ can't cash.

Is it me or everytime Toothy and Rory open their mouth, they write a check their a$$ can't cash.

They do seem to say most things with a smile and some laughs though. I'd rather listen to their banter over Watney or some others.

I absolutely root against Rory now. Lol. I know, I know. But he and #12 really irk me.

Yang moving to next round after 4&3 win

They do seem to say most things with a smile and some laughs though. I'd rather listen to their banter over Watney or some others.

Agreed....However Westwoods comments about coverage yesterday was NOT done with a smile. It was Lee being Lee.

Totally with Shipnuck on that one, I laughed my head off over Casey. I still remember Mark O'Meara getting upset at Tiger in the World Match Play back in 97 or 98 when Tiger made him putt a 2-footer. Mark told Tiger before it that Tiger would have given him that putt at Isleworth! After Mark made the putt, he laid his putter down on the ground to show that it was inside the leather, I thought that was classic.

My theory has been that if the putt is close enough to the hole that you are angry when your opponent makes you putt it, then it should also be so close to the hole that you should have no concern about missing it and, thus, shouldn't be angry. If that is not the case, then apparently there is likely good reason that your opponent is making you putt it.

Rickie Fowler just chipped in for birdie at 10, he's now 4-up on Mickelson!

My pre-tourney favorite Paul Casey is also in deep trouble against Jason Day, he's now 4-down with 4 to play.

Agreed....However Westwoods comments about coverage yesterday was NOT done with a smile. It was Lee being Lee.

Very very true.

Have they shown any of the Kaymer/Rose match yet?

Yeah but it reminds me of a movie. Talledega Nights, with Will Ferrell. When he says, "with all do respect..." . Sometimes you just can't keep saying stuff with a laugh and not piss a lot of people off.

Whats wrong with Watney? He's a good kid

Nothing, but unless you checked him for a pulse, you might think he was a mannequin.

My theory has been that if the putt is close enough to the hole that you are angry when your opponent makes you putt it, then it should also be so close to the hole that you should have no concern about missing it and, thus, shouldn't be angry. If that is not the case, then apparently there is likely good reason that your opponent is making you putt it.

Typically with match play, isn't it sometimes a head game with waht you give or don't give?

I'd say that's pretty accurate

My dude's are sucking hind t*t out there today.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back