Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons - PGA Show Video

Sooo, it's official, I have turned to the dark side! These babies are slick! And after a brief range session with them, I'm in absolute love with the feel. Much more...hate to say this overused term..."buttery" than the Di11s. On a well struck shot, these babies just feel absolutely awesome...like you're hitting a marshmallow. And in terms of forgiveness - I think these have almost as much as the Di's that I had. On fat shots, these did lose distance, but then again, so did the Di11s. The flight was just slightly lower than the Di's, and I REALLY enjoyed that aspect because I did tend to struggle with the Di11s in the wind due to their higher launch. It was fairly breezy on the range and the ballflight of these irons cut through the wind so well. I see these really helping my overall accuracy and ball striking...and I REALLY enjoy that they are slightly thinner than the Di11s on both the topline and sole. These cut through the turf really freaking well, and quite a bit better than the Di's. Can't wait to take these to the course Saturday when I meet up with some THPers!

Congrats on the purchase and not surprise that you love them! Great stuff JN!

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

Sooo, it's official, I have turned to the dark side! These babies are slick! And after a brief range session with them, I'm in absolute love with the feel. Much more...hate to say this overused term..."buttery" than the Di11s. On a well struck shot, these babies just feel absolutely awesome...like you're hitting a marshmallow. And in terms of forgiveness - I think these have almost as much as the Di's that I had. On fat shots, these did lose distance, but then again, so did the Di11s. The flight was just slightly lower than the Di's, and I REALLY enjoyed that aspect because I did tend to struggle with the Di11s in the wind due to their higher launch. It was fairly breezy on the range and the ballflight of these irons cut through the wind so well. I see these really helping my overall accuracy and ball striking...and I REALLY enjoy that they are slightly thinner than the Di11s on both the topline and sole. These cut through the turf really freaking well, and quite a bit better than the Di's. Can't wait to take these to the course Saturday when I meet up with some THPers!

Nice! I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Tap before talk.

Nice dude! Pretty dang impressive iron aren't they? I think the combo of the head and the stock shaft is perfect for each other. Good luck with them!

Nice purchase Nate, the Ci11's do feel really good.

If these irons would be a person I think they would be Austin Powers..
"Do I make you horny baby? Do I make you randy? Do I?!"

I spent an hour hitting these today (just the 8 iron). Darn good! I may not get the fascination with other irons that people jump all over, but these I get it. For the money, they are hard to beat.

I spent an hour hitting these today (just the 8 iron). Darn good! I may not get the fascination with other irons that people jump all over, but these I get it. For the money, they are hard to beat.

Absolutely! When you put performance and aesthetics together and then take a look at price...these are a $699 set of irons.

Tap before talk.

They are a steal! I love that W/S makes so good club at a great price. Feels like the opposite of many other OEMs that make good clubs and then try to charge you as if they are a car. In times when people have a tighter budget I think OEMs should lower their prices to get sales up (like W/S) instead of making the price higher to compensate for sinking profits.

Exactly! The value and performance of Wilson Staff's products are wonderful. I hit the 5-PW for about the same time and came out incredibly impressed. Especially for a hacker like I am, LOL.

They are a steal! I love that W/S makes so good club at a great price. Feels like the opposite of many other OEMs that make good clubs and then try to charge you as if they are a car. In times when people have a tighter budget I think OEMs should lower their prices to get sales up (like W/S) instead of making the price higher to compensate for sinking profits.

To be fair, there are a lot of clubs out there at the $699 price tag that are quite good.

To be fair, there are a lot of clubs out there at the $699 price tag that are quite good.

Of course. They are not bad, that's not what I meant :) But i like W/S mentality.

MSRP may be $699, but many places have 4-PW w/ steel shafts for $525, which is quite a bit less that $699.

MSRP may be $699, but many places have 4-PW w/ steel shafts for $525, which is quite a bit less that $699.

Actually its MAP. Places go lower sometimes and often the case with less picked up equipment than this, but it shares the same price values as others in its class. It has just been out slightly longer than many of them and are in less demand, so the discounts are more common.

Saw TC's post in Charleston, SC - Wilson Staff & THP Tour Van that Wilson Staff is coming to NC for some events so I just had to check out Wilson Golf Events & Demo Days to see where they are going to be. Here's what I found:

EVENT NAMEDATELOCATIONCITY/STATE
Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GC04/13/2012Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GCMorganton, NC
Tee To Green Driving Range04/22/2012Tee To Green Driving RangeApex, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Golfsmith04/26/2012GolfsmithRaleigh, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts04/27/2012Edwin WattsCharlotte, NC
Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GC04/28/2012Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GCHuntersville, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts04/28/2012Edwin Watts @ Birkdale Golf ClubHuntersville, NC
Rocky River Golf Club05/13/2012Rocky River Golf ClubConcord, NC
Cohaire Country Club07/20/2012Cohaire Country ClubClinton, NC

I'll be at the one on 4/22 at Tee to Green in Apex, and quite possibly at the one at the Golfsmith in Raleigh on 4/26

Last edited:
If the staff is anything like the group that I met, you will have a great time. They were awesome to deal with and extremely helpful!

Saw TC's post in Charleston, SC - Wilson Staff & THP Tour Van that Wilson Staff is coming to NC for some events so I just had to check out Wilson Golf Events & Demo Days to see where they are going to be. Here's what I found:

EVENT NAME
DATE
Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GC
04/13/2012
Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GC
Morganton, NC
Tee To Green Driving Range
04/22/2012
Tee To Green Driving Range
Apex, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Golfsmith
04/26/2012
Golfsmith
Raleigh, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts
04/27/2012
Edwin Watts
Charlotte, NC
Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GC
04/28/2012
Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GC
Huntersville, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts
04/28/2012
Edwin Watts @ Birkdale Golf Club
Huntersville, NC
Rocky River Golf Club
05/13/2012
Rocky River Golf Club
Concord, NC
Cohaire Country Club
07/20/2012
Cohaire Country Club
Clinton, NC

I'll be at the one on 4/22 at Tee to Green in Apex, and quite possibly at the one at the Golfsmith in Raleigh on 4/26

Just catching up here but I truly hope your patience pays off man. I might even try to attend the one in Morganton. Maybe I can convince Setho and GrantD to attend.

EVENT NAMEDATELOCATIONCITY/STATE
Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GC04/13/2012Randy's Custom Clubs @ Quaker Meadows GCMorganton, NC
Tee To Green Driving Range04/22/2012Tee To Green Driving RangeApex, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Golfsmith04/26/2012GolfsmithRaleigh, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts04/27/2012Edwin WattsCharlotte, NC
Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GC04/28/2012Edwin Watts @ Birkdale GCHuntersville, NC
W/S Mobile Fitting Event - Edwin Watts04/28/2012Edwin Watts @ Birkdale Golf ClubHuntersville, NC
Rocky River Golf Club05/13/2012Rocky River Golf ClubConcord, NC
Cohaire Country Club07/20/2012Cohaire Country ClubClinton, NC

Let us know what you think after you've hit them :D

Had a hot/cold round with the Ci11s today - the front 9 I was striking them beautifully and shot a +4, but the back I was catching them heavy and shot a +10. I still really enjoy these, and these will only help my ball striking in the future. I even chipped in for a par with my 9i today.

Had a hot/cold round with the Ci11s today - the front 9 I was striking them beautifully and shot a +4, but the back I was catching them heavy and shot a +10. I still really enjoy these, and these will only help my ball striking in the future. I even chipped in for a par with my 9i today.

Well done!

I haven't had the ability to go out again due to massive workload and a stubborn cold :( I envy you JN

I don't know if I have fully expressed how much I love these irons. Because they are a fantastic total package.

Went to Green bay hoping to hit these, no luck. Dicks still just has ci9's. Bummer.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk

Went to Green bay hoping to hit these, no luck. Dicks still just has ci9's. Bummer.

When the guys there saw my Ci11s they were amazed. They do good work at that store. They actually bent my irons for me.

I like the guys that work there, just wish they would get cleveland or w/s equipment a little sooner. Theyre usually up to date with other oems.

I like the guys that work there, just wish they would get cleveland or w/s equipment a little sooner. Theyre usually up to date with other oems.

But that isn't their fault. They actually a pretty large selection for being a Dick's.

Thats true. Hard to find w/s anywhere around here.

Back