Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Titan, good stuff, you have to hit them to get it, but unfortunatly that part seems difficult in many places. OEM I have had the Di11's out for a ton of range sessions and rounds and I will post some pics today of the finish of these clubs. I think they are holding up really well.

So far mine are too. Im curious if any wear will be seen with the chrome though over time. And I thought I saw some of the black stuff coming off already but Im not positive on that one.

Titan, good stuff, you have to hit them to get it, but unfortunatly that part seems difficult in many places. OEM I have had the Di11's out for a ton of range sessions and rounds and I will post some pics today of the finish of these clubs. I think they are holding up really well.

Gotta agree CB, I've had them out or a round or on the range every day that was dry and above 40 and the finish is just about the same as when I unpacked them.

BlueTitan and I had the same rep from Wilson. This guy was awesome. His swing tips were right on the money. He had BT crushing the ball.

Had a chance to hit these at the EW demo day this past Saturday in Knoxville. The Wilson rep Donnie knows his product very well and can communicate the technology behind it so that us average people can understand it. He took the time to give me a mini fitting and confirmed a few questions I had. (I'm NOT a standard fit)

After setting me up in a graphite shafted Di11, I hit several poor shots but they weren't the fault of the irons. Donnie gave me a few swing tips to work with too! The good hits flew just sweet and long, even for me. I didn't want to quit hitting them but it was a busy demo day.

I understand now what the guys testing here are talking about! Unfortunately I wasn't able to talk Donnie into letting me borrow a set for a few rounds. hahha

I wasn't really in the market for new irons but after hitting the Di11's I'm rethinking it. Especially since the price for graphite shafted Wilson irons are so competitive.

So far mine are too. Im curious if any wear will be seen with the chrome though over time. And I thought I saw some of the black stuff coming off already but Im not positive on that one.

I'm going to go with a slight negative so far on them holding up. I've noticed my irons are a little scuffy now and I am definitely losing some of the black. I will take some pics when I get home.

Just got caught up on this thread again. You guys are doing an excellent job with keeping us updated throughout the process.

I'm going to go with a slight negative so far on them holding up. I've noticed my irons are a little scuffy now and I am definitely losing some of the black. I will take some pics when I get home.

Yeah I think I saw some too when cleaning them for the WITB pictures I did.

I haven't lost any of the black, and the chrome is holding up really well, the face however is very scuffy. I guess I should stop hitting the sweet spot so much.

Today I stopped by one of the less then steller ranges for a quick small bucket of balls. This is not a range with grass, its a putt-putt / batting cage/ driving range so its matts only but you can wear jeans here. This makes for an easy stop on the way home. My last few times out with the Di11's had me a little concerned about the feel I was getting. Feef is difficult to nail down in my opinion but we all know that feeling of a pure shot. I felt like I wasnt feeling it as much as I should with these irons. And as a comparison my last range session I brought along my Cleveland CG16 7 iron. The difference between the two was surprising and quite different. The CG16 felt fantastic and the Di11's not so much. So today I grab the GW to warm up with. First shot is pure and feels pretty darn good. I look at the face and theres a perfect ball mark right on the sweet spot. So I progressed through the irons and the feel was much better then last time. Was it CG16 good? No but it was still very good. I was getting high, penetrating shots that were coming down soft. I was really picking the ball clean off the matts as I was worried about hitting on them before I started. But I had a great range session with the Di11's and that translated into a good session with the driver too. Came away with a much better feel for the Di11's this time.

While I was going through the irons I did notice what seemed to be a little wear on the chrome and some on the black too. Nothing too severe but I am noticing it a bit. Grips are holding up very well and dont really bother much either. I thought I might not like them so the point of wanting to change them but so far theyre fine.

Today I stopped by one of the less then steller ranges for a quick small bucket of balls. This is not a range with grass, its a putt-putt / batting cage/ driving range so its matts only but you can wear jeans here. This makes for an easy stop on the way home. My last few times out with the Di11's had me a little concerned about the feel I was getting. Fee is difficult to nail down in my opinion but we all know that feeling of a pure shot. I felt like I wasnt feeling it as much as I should with these irons. And as a comparison my last range session I brought along my Cleveland CG16 7 iron. The difference between the two was surprising and quite different. The CG16 felt fantastic and the Di11's not so much. So today I grab the GW to warm up with. First shot is pure and feels pretty darn good. I look at the face and theres a perfect ball mark right on the sweet spot. So I progressed through the irons and the feel was much better then last time. Was it CG16 good? No but it was still very good. I was getting high, penetrating shots that were coming down soft. I was really picking the ball clean off the matts as I was worried about hitting on them before I started. But I had a great range session with the Di11's and that translated into a good session with the driver too. Came away with a much better feel for the Di11's this time.

While I was going through the irons I did notice what seemed to be a little wear on the chrome and some on the black too. Nothing too severe but I am noticing it a bit. Grips are holding up very well and dont really bother much either. I thought I might not like them so the point of wanting to change them but so far theyre fine.

I thought your review was awesome. Totally unbiased and just the raw good stuff. Well done Kevin!

I thought your review was awesome. Totally unbiased and just the raw good stuff. Well done Kevin!

Thank you Gray. Appreciate it.

Kevin, do you relate feel to sound at all? Do the Di11's sound different at impact or something?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Kevin, do you relate feel to sound at all? Do the Di11's sound different at impact or something?

I think feel and sound do relate to a certain degree. But I think what Im really looking for is that absence of feel on a pure shot. It seems I always feel something with the Di11's. Now feedback is good when you hit it out on the toe. But I want to know that I pured one by that great absence of feel you get and then know you nailed it. I got this feedback or lack of feel with the CG16 on Saturday. And to a degree from the Di11's today. Hopefully it wasnt a false good feeling because of the matts.

I think feel and sound do relate to a certain degree. But I think what Im really looking for is that absence of feel on a pure shot. It seems I always feel something with the Di11's. Now feedback is good when you hit it out on the toe. But I want to know that I pured one by that great absence of feel you get and then know you nailed it. I got this feedback or lack of feel with the CG16 on Saturday. And to a degree from the Di11's today. Hopefully it wasnt a false good feeling because of the matts.

I understand what you're saying for sure. Thanks for the answer.

I understand what you're saying for sure. Thanks for the answer.

Im here to help Captain TC, Im a man of the people. Thank you for the question.

I don't thing that the mats will affect the feel, kevin. Sounds like you were just hitting the ball better. Glad you had a positive range session buddy. That's always great for the confidence.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Great review OEM.

I don't thing that the mats will affect the feel, kevin. Sounds like you were just hitting the ball better. Glad you had a positive range session buddy. That's always great for the confidence.

Posted via Tapatalk.

I agree, I dont think it affects feel but I do think mats can give one a false sense of security and false results. But its also dependent on the type of mats being used. This place actually looks like they added new mats that are better then just the astro-turf crap. Your club bounces off those but these you can actually hit a fat shot. I sure love a good range session though, talk about a boost of confidence.

Great review OEM.

Thanks CB!

I've found that mats can lead to higher ball flight on poor shots and you can definitely get away with the fatties. Either way, it sounds like you were swinging well. I still know when I've hit the ball poorly, it just looks better than it should.

Ive found that same thing on those terrible astro turf like mats. I just dont hit off them anymore. Plus they leave nasty green stuff all over your clubs. Im hoping to get another round in this Saturday and should have more feedback.

Ive found that same thing on those terrible astro turf like mats. I just dont hit off them anymore. Plus they leave nasty green stuff all over your clubs. Im hoping to get another round in this Saturday and should have more feedback.

Look forward to your thoughts after another round. I'm playing tomorrow, and am looking forward to hit as I am striping these right now.

Look forward to your thoughts after another round. I'm playing tomorrow, and am looking forward to hit as I am striping these right now.

And you have a new driver to put through its paces too. Di11's plus new driver = a nice low round? Dont let captain TC down!

And you have a new driver to put through its paces too. Di11's plus new driver = a nice low round? Dont let captain TC down!

Very true, new driver and Di11's equals low number. Can't let the Captain down, the game feel good right now, so I think tomorrow could be really good.

i think there is a difference in the sound as well with the di11's. When hitting pure with them the sound is much softer than with my pings. The Pings have a really crisp click for lack of a better word when the ball is well struck, with the di11's, the sound almost seems to be muffled and there really isn't alot of difference in sound when hitting center club face or toe, although there is a bit of a change when hitting towards the heel.

it threw me off at first, but when I saw the results, I stopped worrying about it.

Again, great job guys. If I were to pick an off the rack set I don't see how these wouldn't work.

Looking forward to getting these out Saturday for a round of golf and probably some driving range time on Sunday before Masters coverage starts.

Back