Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Tried these the other day and was really impressed. Hit the Burner 2.0's and the Di11's the best. Great distance and feel from both. Very tough choice.

Love these irons, every time out. Only concern is the gap b/w my GW (46) and my next wedge SW (54) and LW (58). Have any of you ever bent the PW or GW to be 44 and 47? Don't know what i'm going to do? I could get a 52 and a 58 or a 50 and a 56... UGH.

Depends on the viewpoint. I would jump of joy if I played regular 9 holes in 45 :)

And thanks to all forum members who gave usefue comments about Di11 and high handicap

You'll get there if you keep at it, and eventually you'll be disappointed with a 45 too.

Just posted in the "what did you shoot today"
About 25 rounds with the new di11's.
Shot 2 over.
5 birdies
no doubles
hit my 8 iron into a stiff wind to a pin at 160, caught it a bit off the toe. Landed 2 ft away and stuck
pw from 150 out to 4 ft, (missed that putt)
gw from 135 to 7ft
It was a fun day.
Best round in 2 yrs

Shot 2 over.
5 birdies
no doubles
hit my 8 iron into a stiff wind to a pin at 160, caught it a bit off the toe. Landed 2 ft away and stuck
gw from 135 to 7ft
It was a fun day.
Best round in 2 yrs

Congrats! Great round with the Di11s

Shot 2 over.
5 birdies
no doubles
gw from 135 to 7ft
It was a fun day.
Best round in 2 yrs

That's awesome man!

Shot 2 over.
5 birdies
no doubles
gw from 135 to 7ft
It was a fun day.
Best round in 2 yrs

That does sound like alot of fun,congrats on a great round.

I am comparing the specs of D11(and also other S.G.I) with more classical irons from other companies. And it is kind of funny that the lenght and loft of the Di11 Iron6 are very similar to specs of more classic golf clubs Iron5. Example:

Di I6 : loft 28.5 , Length 38, Lie 61.5
Callaway Razr X Forged Iron5 : Loft 27, Length 38, Lie 61. (Mizuno MP 68 has also similar data, and others too).

So technically speaking Di11 I6 could also be called I5, isnt it ? One of the reasons to name it I6 is to achieve better lenght on tests.

This is done by most companies, also Mizunos and Callaway S.G.I I6 have Loft around 28 and length close to Wilson.

I wonder how my Di9's compare to the Di11's?

Oh thats good then. I love my Di9's. Only got them for $300 and I create alot of speed with the shaft. If money wasnt a factor, They wouldnt be my #1 choice but when you're on a budget the irons are fantastic.

Hi mate, getting them fitted at my local pro shop up here in launceston! Not sure how long they will take to arrive but I'm already excited lol!

Sweet! Drummond was the only place I could find down here in Hobart, really looking forward to playing them! I'm hoping they come in by this Friday so I can play all weekend!

Sweet! Drummond was the only place I could find down here in Hobart, really looking forward to playing them! I'm hoping they come in by this Friday so I can play all weekend!

Waiting sucks lol

My local pro shop doesn't usually stock the WS irons but they went out of their way to source them for me. They should arrive later this week all going well. Just hope my tax cheque has cleared before they arrive, otherwise it will be painful knowing they are sitting in the shop just waiting for me to hit them ;)

I’m keen to see how much they improve my game along with continual lessons.

Let me know how you go Tincup when they arrive

Waiting sucks lol

My local pro shop doesn't usually stock the WS irons but they went out of their way to source them for me. They should arrive later this week all going well. Just hope my tax cheque has cleared before they arrive, otherwise it will be painful knowing they are sitting in the shop just waiting for me to hit them ;)

I’m keen to see how much they improve my game along with continual lessons.

Let me know how you go Tincup when they arrive

Man its only been like 5 days and already Im over this waiting. Hurry up already!

Oh thats good then. I love my Di9's. Only got them for $300 and I create alot of speed with the shaft. If money wasnt a factor, They wouldnt be my #1 choice but when you're on a budget the irons are fantastic.

Glad to hear you like them. I recently bought a used set of Di7s from 3balls and am waiting for them to arrive. Im hoping that I like them better than the Mizuno MX-100s that Ive been playing for the past few months.

Glad to hear you like them. I recently bought a used set of Di7s from 3balls and am waiting for them to arrive. Im hoping that I like them better than the Mizuno MX-100s that Ive been playing for the past few months.

I hit the Di7's side to side with the Di11's on the course one day. They were nice.

Hey Guys, I am new to this site. Well, I have been reading the reviews for a while but this is the first I have participated. I just got the Di11's. I went to the range a few times and did not hit them as good as at the store I bought them from. I was a little worried. But I went out for a round in my league today and was much happier with them. I played a pre-round before my league and shot a 40, and that is pretty good for me on a tough course. I didn't shoot as well on the back with a 44, but I am still getting used to the yardages, as I hit over the greens a couple of times. But I will get used to them and I am pretty fired up now.

forgot to say, thanks for all the reviews of these clubs. It was great to read all of the great reviews of these clubs.

Hey Guys, I am new to this site. Well, I have been reading the reviews for a while but this is the first I have participated. I just got the Di11's. I went to the range a few times and did not hit them as good as at the store I bought them from. I was a little worried. But I went out for a round in my league today and was much happier with them. I played a pre-round before my league and shot a 40, and that is pretty good for me on a tough course. I didn't shoot as well on the back with a 44, but I am still getting used to the yardages, as I hit over the greens a couple of times. But I will get used to them and I am pretty fired up now.

Great stuff hacker, it sometimes takes a while to get used to the added length but sounds like you are hitting them pretty well right away. Keep us updated as you continue hitting them.

First off, welcome to the site.
Second, hang in there with the new irons. Once you get some more time with them and get to the point where you know what distance you hit them I sure you will be fine. Especially in newer irons where the lofts are a little bit jacked up, you will that you hit a certain club farther than you are used to.

Man its only been like 5 days and already Im over this waiting. Hurry up already!

Mine have arrived, got the call yesterday! But unfortunately my tax cheque hasn't cleared yet so I can’t pick them up. I went up to the shop to put a deposit down on them and the pro brought one out for me to have a look at, damn that hurt lol Just knowing there in the shop waiting to be picked up hurts...

Welcome to the site. I'm getting used to mine as well, so far so good. I feel like they really force me to not flip the club through impact and keep my lead wrist firm, not to mention smooth out my tempo . If I get the least bit flippy with it, the ball goes straight up and not very far, if I keep my lead wrist firm through impact, then I get great trajectory and distance from them. I had settled on about 130 yds carry distance with the gap wedge, but the last few days, if I don't flip at all, I'm getting about 140 (laser measured). Like others mentioned above, keep with them and you should get the distances correct with them.

Mine have arrived, got the call yesterday! But unfortunately my tax cheque hasn't cleared yet so I can’t pick them up. I went up to the shop to put a deposit down on them and the pro brought one out for me to have a look at, damn that hurt lol Just knowing there in the shop waiting to be picked up hurts...

Hope your out enjoying them soon! Interested to hear how how well they work out for you.

That is awesome! too bad you couldnt grab them right away man, Just rang drummond then and mine are still en route:disapointed:but the guy said probably in the next couple of days so I'll have to be patient. let me know how they work out for you when you get them!

Back