Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

Wow, I had to go 4 pages back to find this page... I continue to be amazed by these irons. last week I hit my 4 iron, yes a 4 iron (had 3,4,5 H's in my other set previous to this) to within 6 feet of the pin 205 yds... Another hole over water 155 to pin, 140 front of green, I majorly toed the ball and I mean serious, I felt it and was like, ok gimme another ball only to see it land over the water and almost on the green. Today I shot my best round ever at my local par 3, +10 and tripled the first when I pulled out my PW when it should have been a GW and flew the green behind a tree... I was doing some serious flag hunting today besides that hole. These are awesome!

Last edited:
Wow, I had to go 4 pages back to find this page... I continue to be amazed by these irons. last week I hit my 4 iron, yes a 4 iron (had 3,4,5 H's in my other set previous to this) to within 6 feet of the pin 225 yds... Another hole over water 155 to pin, 140 front of green, I majorly toed the ball and I mean serious, I felt it and was like, ok gimme another ball only to see it land over the water and almost on the green. Today I shot my best round ever at my local par 3, +10 and tripled the first when I pulled out my PW when it should have been a GW and flew the green behind a tree... I was doing some serious flag hunting today besides that hole. These are awesome!

Great stuff, glad you are still enjoying the new irons. 225 is a pretty good 4 iron! Mine only goes about 200. I'm finding lately that I like my 4i more and more, and as was stated by Coolbreeze (iirc) earlier in the thread, it is like hitting a hybrid, except I don't hook the 4i. lol

Hey Guys, I am new to this site. Well, I have been reading the reviews for a while but this is the first I have participated. I just got the Di11's. I went to the range a few times and did not hit them as good as at the store I bought them from. I was a little worried. But I went out for a round in my league today and was much happier with them. I played a pre-round before my league and shot a 40, and that is pretty good for me on a tough course. I didn't shoot as well on the back with a 44, but I am still getting used to the yardages, as I hit over the greens a couple of times. But I will get used to them and I am pretty fired up now.

My first time at the range was pretty bad Hacker. I just had to get used to the added length of the shafts. I think you will be shooting low real soon. Congrats on the new sticks

My first time at the range was pretty bad Hacker. I just had to get used to the added length of the shafts. I think you will be shooting low real soon. Congrats on the new sticks

Totally agree with CL here, it took me a while to get used to the added length, but once you do, you're laughing.

Went to the range and I am feeling much better with the new clubs. Just try and keep the swing as smooth as I can and I will be all right. I am going to one of the or or best courses in Michigan this week. Tullymore golf course. I played it about 8 years ago and it is a very beautiful course, and very tough. Hope the irons can come through for me.

Picked up my irons 4 days ago and its been raining non stop ever since:curse: I did manage 1 round with them on friday but that was an effort in this conditions. I will say this, the brief times the rain stoped and I actually managed to have a decent swing, they did not dissapoint! The big star of the day though was the new dxi 5 wood, I just love this thing! Im hoping the rain stops very soon so I can start enjoying these amazing irons! Any way just thought I would check in and vent my frustration with the weather!

went and played 9 holes today on an easy course. started the first 4 holes pretty bad. But then I hit some really good shots. I hit a gap to about 2 ft. for a birdie. Hit a 4 iron 210 yards to about 5-6 ft. Missed the putt. But I started slow and still shot 41. I was having a problem hitting the 4 and 5 irons, but I made a swing adjustment and hit them much better today.

Braved the elements to play another round today, I just couldnt wait any more! Was hitting the ball well and could really have gone low (well for me anyway:bashful:) but my putting was just not there, Im not making excuses but the greens were outragesly slow after all the rain we had and I just couldnt get the read of them. Alls well though as I am going to stick at it and go again tomorrow and really try and be aggresive!

Sounds like you guys are getting along great with the Di11's.

I played Tullymore today. Excellent course. I am really starting to hit these irons good. I fell apart on two holes but played great other than that. I shot an 88 and that is with a pair of 8's. But I am really excited about these irons. My son, who does not play much came within 2 inches of a hole in one. It was a great day on the course

I just ordered myself a set off of Hurricane Golf! Got them for $350 where as if I ordered them from Dick's Sporting Goods, it'd be $499. I can't wait to get these clubs! I'll post my experience with them as soon as I can get out with them (in a week or so). They should arrive just in time for my school's golf season to start.

Welcome to the club Jiffish. Give yourself a little time to get acclimated to the distance and also the extra length on the shafts and you will be killing these clubs.

Just read through the thread and there have been a ton of great experiences with the Di11's. Great work everyone, I'm still gaming these and still hitting them a TON.

Shot an 83 today. Hit some really solid iron shots. I hit a 5 iron about 188 to about 10 ft. hit the putt for a birdie. It was on a hole that is really tough, I had only birdied it one other time. I hit a bunch of other quality irons shots. I am playing the best I have all year. It's a good thing, the top 8 in my league make the playoffs, and I am in 7th

Sounds good, Hacker! Keep it up.

My clubs just came in today. Looking at the box, I was a little concerned that the clubs may have been damaged, but when I opened them, they are in perfect condition. I'm going to the range today to try these bad boys out. I'm afraid to hit them though - I want them to look brand new forever :drool:

Shot an 83 today. Hit some really solid iron shots. I hit a 5 iron about 188 to about 10 ft. hit the putt for a birdie. It was on a hole that is really tough, I had only birdied it one other time. I hit a bunch of other quality irons shots. I am playing the best I have all year. It's a good thing, the top 8 in my league make the playoffs, and I am in 7th

Sounds like you're getting on well with the new clubs! :good:

Sounds good, Hacker! Keep it up.

My clubs just came in today. Looking at the box, I was a little concerned that the clubs may have been damaged, but when I opened them, they are in perfect condition. I'm going to the range today to try these bad boys out. I'm afraid to hit them though - I want them to look brand new forever :drool:

Congrats on the new sticks! I know what you mean about not wantin to muss em up, the first scuffs and scratches really hurt, but after a while I tend to overlook them.

Is it just an illusion or are the heads of these irons very long?

I don't think the heads are that long. I think after you hit them you will get used to them pretty quick.

Shot an 87 yesterday with 3 triple bogeys, still my best round thus far, I was really hot with the flat stick so that helped stop the bleeding! every time I have played these irons (which has been every day for the past week, I cant get enough!) I have shot at least one shot better than my previous round, they just give me so much confidence!

Great stuff Tin Cup. Your round sounds a lot like mine have been this year. Play great but have a few blowup holes. Just have to get more consistent. Good luck, and you gotta love these irons.

Well so far, I'm rather disappointed in the clubs and in myself. It seems like when I swing these clubs, I hit the ground right before around 50% of the time. Then when I don't, the ball seems to have a consistent fade or slice. I never did this with my old irons, ever. I'm not sure if this is because I'm still adjusting to the new clubs or what. I know that the "extra length" isn't the problem because they are almost exactly the same length of my old irons.

For being game improvement irons, they have only hurt my game this far, although I have only been out to the range twice. Also, at this point, they are going the same distance as my old ones, if not, shorter.

I'm almost ready to give up on them already and go back to my old ones. This is rather frustrating. I'm going to see if I can get to a range where I can hit off of some grass this weekend. Maybe I'll do better then.

Jiffish that sucks! I know I struggled the first time hitting them at the range but after that it was point and shoot. Sorry to hear about your struggles man

Back