Holiday Travel, how far did you go?

WestTex

I'm the bomb.com
Reaction score
Handicap
Some people travel half way around the world, some say the farthest they want to travel is to their front porch and back.

So my question, how far did you go?

For myself it went like this:
Midland to Bronte: 2 hours by car for X-mas eve
Bront to Eastland: 2 hours by car for X-mas
Eastland to Arlington: 1 1/2 hours to see a friend who was home from Japan Sunday
Arlington to Midland: 4 1/2 hours to be back home for work :beat-up:

A little math......10 hours of driving for the holidays!!! No wonder my back is so sore this morning >.<

had about a 30 min. drive

Last week, we drove 3.5 hours each way to Indiana and on Xmas day we drove about 3 hours each way to go to Iowa. I'm used to it, but it still gets long. The boy is getting better at traveling and his grandma got him a DVD player for the car. We watched about 4 hours of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the car this weekend lol.

2 minutes over to the Pondhouse.

Tomorrow driving to Wrens to have Christmas with wifey family so that will be 1 hr drive. Depending on how much I can stand of them I'll probably drive into Augusta to see friends.

I went an hour each way to the in laws for Xmas and will be going 3 hours by car to Acapulco for New Year's

We drove 6 hours to SE Kansas for two days, then 30 minutes away from there for a couple days, then to Missouri about 4 hours for two days, lol.

We head home tomorrow about 6 or 7 hours. Wish gas prices would drop.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I never had to leave the house. My wife's family is in the same city and since we have the kids and the biggest house we usually host all the big events. My Mom drove in from about 3 hours away for a few days.

i went to the grocery store and back... now my whole fam is stuck here because of the snow... they traveled about 3.5 hrs from dc/manassas/alexandria to here(vb,va)
last year it was the other way around

Had a 6.5 hour trip from KC to Las Vegas to Oakland including a long layover in Vegas and a 3 hour flight from Oakland to KC. Around 4,000 miles round trip.

Had a 6.5 hour trip from KC to Las Vegas to Oakland including a long layover in Vegas and a 3 hour flight from Oakland to KC. Around 4,000 miles round trip.
You just love traveling/driving don't you Smalls?

Let's see, 3 minutes to my parents'. Back home, another 3, then 10 to my mother-in-law's, then 10 back. So......26 minutes. I think a total distance of around 20 miles.

You just love traveling/driving don't you Smalls?

It would appear that way, wouldn't it? Sure am tired though!

My wife, son and I drove about 2 1/2 hours to the in-laws 4 days before Christmas. We drove home on Christmas Eve and then about 20 mins to my brothers on Christmas Day.

By the time I get back to greater NYC area on Jan 7 from the holidays I will have driven over 2300 miles from S. Fairfield county CT to Bristol, Tn (11hrs), from Bristol to Titusville FL (10 hrs) & back.

Hey Mary I'll probably be driving to Johnson City, TN in mid-Feb. :)

Let's see, 3 minutes to my parents'. Back home, another 3, then 10 to my mother-in-law's, then 10 back. So......26 minutes. I think a total distance of around 20 miles.

haha, its like everybody loves raymond

7.5 hours each way from Charlotte to Dayton and back.

Houston to Crestview, FL - 586 mi
Crestview to Greenville, SC - 432 mi
Total (x2 of course) - 2036 painful mi

Sucks traveling with people who refuse to fly. Its never bothered me. My only request is as follows and I believe it is best told by the great Ron White. "Take it down! I don't care! Make sure you hit something hard, 'cause I don't want to limp away from this!"

My house to girlfriends house. Elapsed time: 8 minutes.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

for us it wasn't a matter of how far, but how long it took. we left ashvegas saturday around noon, right smack in the middle of this storm and an hour and a half drive took us almost four. most stressful drive of my life.

Went from Philly (airport) to Iowa but the return trip got interesting. Because of the weather in philly we ended up going to Dallas and then to Philly on our way back. And almost two days later then we wanted.

This post has been approved by OEM Kevin

We just got in about 45 minutes ago. Just enough time to unload, shower and play on THP till pool league starts. Guess we put right under 1000 miles on this trip, I have it at 987. It was a great trip!

Back