2016 Kentucky Derby

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Called the greatest two minutes in sports. Who ya got this year?

This is the first time in forever where this snuck up on me. I can't even tell you one horse running today.

I'm like Pete have no idea who is running. Ill say the favorite doesn't win. Need to see who is running and will make a pick

Gun Runner will take it.

I saw someone on Twitter (may have been Darren Rovell) muse yesterday that he had expected excitement to be high this year with American Pharaoh's Triple Crown last year, but if anything it felt lower than normal because the streak without one had finally been broken.

I'd love to see another Crown run, so I'll go with the favorite and Juvenile winner Nyquist.

I will take a complete stab in the dark and pick Whitmore

Gun Runner for me

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I like Mor Spirit or Moyhaymen with a slight edge to Mor Spirit. If they get a sloppy track. Exaggertor may get it done. Even though he is the favorite and undefeated. I don't believe in Nyquist. For a long shot I am playing Danzig Candy in all my exotics.

I know nothing about the horses in the race, but always love watching. Witnessing the Triple Crown last year was awesome, and I wonder how long it is before we see another?

I know nothing about the horses in the race, but always love watching. Witnessing the Triple Crown last year was awesome, and I wonder how long it is before we see another?

+1 here.

I know nothing other than its an excuse to dress up and get drunk. I need to make that trip one day !

+1 here.

I know nothing other than its an excuse to dress up and get drunk. I need to make that trip one day !
An excuse to wear a big stupid hat.

+1 here.

There's nothing like watching a horse race with 100,000 other people. It was quite the experience and I highly recommend it. I'm pulling for Nyquist.

Poll question:

Does anyone in this forum drink a mint julep on any other day besides Derby Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poll question:

Does anyone in this forum drink a mint julep on any other day besides Derby Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only drink them on the years I'm able to travel to the Derby.

This snuck up on me too. My friend at work who used to ride has been too busy with her kids and was surprised when I reminded her on Tuesday too.

I never remember to get mint, but I will have some bourbon later.

I know nothing about horse racing but I don't like picking favorites so I'm going to go with Mor Spirit or Creator for the win.

When you have both horses in a photo finish exacta, that's horse racing.

Still undecided for the Derby but I'll place a $2 win for everyone in the field. I have all three uncashed Pharoah tickets. I'll frame them with a picture of him at some point.

15-11 is in.

I'm probably stupid for not including Nyquist but I took Exaggerator, Gun Runner, and Mohayman in a key box trifecta. My single pick is Exaggerator.

My club is doing a random draw pool and I managed to pick Exaggerator. Need him to place at least second

I know nothing about horses but I enjoy watching them race. Nyquist is a great horse to watch.

That was a very clean run and pretty impressive by Nyquist.

Second!!! Payday!!!

Back