HackersRX Alignment Training Aid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This aid is a little pricey when compared to alignment sticks. But I can see that it would be more useful to making sure proper alignment is obtained. Alignment sticks count on the user setting them properly while this aid takes the guesswork over whether the aids are actually aligned straight or not.

This aid is a little pricey when compared to alignment sticks. But I can see that it would be more useful to making sure proper alignment is obtained. Alignment sticks count on the user setting them properly while this aid takes the guesswork over whether the aids are actually aligned straight or not.
FWIW, it's way more than just that too. Because they telescope and hinge it can literally be used anywhere, including the sand trap. Also, the hinge allows them to be set up to give a visual on swing path and it just alignment.

Definitely pricey when compared to alignment sticks, but not as much of a one or two trick pony either.

Thanks for reading buddy!

This beats alignment rods sticking out of my bag. Yeah it's a little steep, but after scratching my Driver and 3 wood it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the replacement costs for the clubs. It will fit in the side pocket of my bag it's a win.

I like it, and might pony up the 45 bucks for this. As James pointed out it portability is a great advantage. I have alignment sticks that fit together in a similar configuration. But, when i want to move it on the range to a cleaner spot, say, it falls apart and has to be reassembled. This wouldn't happen with the HackersRX, and it can even be picked up and taken into a sand trap and reconfigured into an open stance. I hate to say it, but, I've spent as much or more on training aids that have nowhere near the utility of the HackersRX.

Interesting, I wonder if it helps you see your alignment better than with the sticks??

• Admin
This beats alignment rods sticking out of my bag. Yeah it's a little steep, but after scratching my Driver and 3 wood it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the replacement costs for the clubs. It will fit in the side pocket of my bag it's a win.

Im with you here. The portability added to the other features that Jman points out. I think I am going to order one.

Hmm maybe a little early gift for myself.

Great review Jman!

Thanks guys. Appreciate you all taking the time to read it!

I'll add this, I honestly think its a pretty damn brilliant little practice tool, even at its price, based on the versatility it gives. I do want to mention again though (as I touched on in the review), the hinge system isn't super heavy duty, so there IS some give in in, but that is part of what allows its flexibility of use. It is a lot lighter than I think people will expect, but, I've had mine in and out of the bag a hundred times and tried to beat the hell out of it and its still just fine, so for me the durability has been a-ok.

I like it. I wish is was more like $25, but I'll probably end up ordering one. I have to take my alignment rods (driveway markers) out of my bag for them to fit in my vehicle so I took them out several months ago and left them out in the garage. I know better, but there is something to be said about convenience.

WoW. I like this. Just ordered 2 of them. Will be a perfect Xmas gift and fit well in my golf bag. A lot better than alignment sticks do.

James,

Would this be something you could see yourself continuing to use post-review? I love the idea and the visual cues and if its something you would continue to use speaks volumes.

James,

Would this be something you could see yourself continuing to use post-review? I love the idea and the visual cues and if its something you would continue to use speaks volumes.

I actually have been, had it out on the range with the kids yesterday (and likely will today too). I'm trying to get back into practicing on my own game instead of just focusing on coaching my kids and this will help there.

You know me, as an OTT battler I need a visual to focus on dropping the club and coming from the inside, thanks to the hinge on this one I can do just that by setting the right telescoping arm back at an angle while leaving the other two arms at their typical alignment position. Its pretty damn handy. SUPER lightweight, and in hand you will be REALLY shocked/concerned at that, but like I said its held up really well.

I placed my order at 10:30. Surprised that I haven't gotten an order confirmation yet. Thanks for the write up James. I'm excited to put this in a side pocket instead of my alignment sticks sticking out of my bag. On a side note: I will no longer need my rose and fire alignment stick cover.

Just about to pull the trigger on this one. I like what I see. Good information in that Spotlight.

Just about to pull the trigger on this one. I like what I see. Good information in that Spotlight.
Do it.

We used it again at practice today. It's simple both in design and build, but it works silly well.

I just got order confirmation. Should ship soon.

Awesome, nice write up Jman! I get a little OTT as well and didn't think about it but I can see how this would be a nice visual to get things moving more from the inside. I dig it.

Any thing you'd like to add Jman. I'm surprised I still haven't received my order. No notice on shipping yet either. Kind of worried.

Any thing you'd like to add Jman. I'm surprised I still haven't received my order. No notice on shipping yet either. Kind of worried.

Huh? What would I add dude?

Have you called them? Email? That's your best bet.

Huh? What would I add dude?

Have you called them? Email? That's your best bet.

Add about durability or how the kids like it. Just anything else about the product. Not about me getting mine. I did email them today.

Add about durability or how the kids like it. Just anything else about the product. Not about me getting mine. I did email them today.

Its pretty much all in the review. Someone uses it each time we are on the range, its a good visual. As I mentioned in here too, despite its super light weight and some play in the hinges, its held up just fine.

I like it, great review! Going to order one today. Thanks!

Just ordered one...they're on sale for the Holidays, $34.95. Free shipping too...

I called in to check on my order. Left a message and the owner just called me back personally. Just got some stateside. Should have next week. The personal call was a nice touch.

Back