BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Nothing wrong with a good grilled chicken breast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic maiden voyage. Rubbed with some Thunderbird Chicken Scratch and glazed with Captain Rodney's sweet and spicy pepper glaze, they were awesome.

That's awesome, any reason not to smoke a while then use oven? I have been wanting to do just a breast, I guess it could go slow smoke all the way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure, you could do it in the oven no problem, or keep it in the smoker... it depends on how much smoke flavor you want and how moist you want it to be. Two hours of smoke and one hour on charcoal is plenty of smoke for me. The sous vide really makes the smoke permeate the meat.

Sure, you could do it in the oven no problem, or keep it in the smoker... it depends on how much smoke flavor you want and how moist you want it to be. Two hours of smoke and one hour on charcoal is plenty of smoke for me. The sous vide really makes the smoke permeate the meat.

I just don't have one of those machines...

Cowboy playoff game on Saturday means round 2 w/ the pellet brisket. Going Prime. Going vacuum sealed. Going Costco.

Couple new techniques I’m going with that aren’t Texas like and that JB may have recommended a few weeks ago. Shhhhhhhhh.

Cowboy playoff game on Saturday means round 2 w/ the pellet brisket. Going Prime. Going vacuum sealed. Going Costco.

Couple new techniques I’m going with that aren’t Texas like and that JB may have recommended a few weeks ago. Shhhhhhhhh.

You mean better

Going to do the cherry cola injected pork tenderloin again over the next couple of days. One of my favorites and works on the Grilla so well.
Also have all of our storage and countertop units coming to redo the outdoor kitchen area.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

gonna have decent weather tonight and my dad asked if i wanted to grill tonight. I asked him how he was gonna do that at the condo and his response was golden. "Sh*t, were not. The grill was the only thing at the house that survived so were tailgating at the house tonight"

Going to do the cherry cola injected pork tenderloin again over the next couple of days. One of my favorites and works on the Grilla so well.
Also have all of our storage and countertop units coming to redo the outdoor kitchen area.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

Wow...that looks awesome!

gonna have decent weather tonight and my dad asked if i wanted to grill tonight. I asked him how he was gonna do that at the condo and his response was golden. "Sh*t, were not. The grill was the only thing at the house that survived so were tailgating at the house tonight"

Good for him! Glad he’s starting feel like things are potentially getting back to somewhat normal my friend

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

Looks phenomenal

a925c92ec653c44fd03727cc2c16d698.jpg

Halfway done and just basted with a mix of Traeger Sugar Lips glaze and cherry soda.

73fecec90944d18cb2222a2d138a7844.jpg

Outdoor kitchen is almost complete.

Fridge won’t stay there as it will end up more hidden.
6903340dbc30175389209694d9310cc6.jpg

c6c69ebaee78ec207d44343e4d117a33.jpg

Damn.that island is sweet! Liking what I see and much more streamlined and organized than before .

That’s turned out great JB! That will make your time cooking out there much more convenient and enjoyable. So awesome!

Damn.that island is sweet! Liking what I see and much more streamlined and organized than before .

Thanks man. Place called New Age products and it’s completely modular. Stuff is super nice.

Looking good JB!

I just cooked a massive flank steak for the fam + Dad. It was absolutely as good as a flank steak can possibly be haha

I’m a cheap date and enjoy it.

Grilling up some chicken with some honey mustard rub.

14cde068399df44474ac8963eb08022a.jpg

c4ad13289350a56e6746c60946b0c601.jpg

I just don't have one of those machines...

You don’t need one. Put your meat in a ziplock freezer bag. Then put it in a pot of water on the stove with a thermometer to regulate the temp. I tried sous vide a couple times that way before I bought the machine. It does the same thing; you just have to get the stovetop setting right... minimal regulation, certainly less than a charcoal grill. It’s easy. The machine just makes it stupid easy.

You don’t need one. Put your meat in a ziplock freezer bag. Then put it in a pot of water on the stove with a thermometer to regulate the temp. I tried sous vide a couple times that way before I bought the machine. It does the same thing; you just have to get the stovetop setting right... minimal regulation, certainly less than a charcoal grill. It’s easy. The machine just makes it stupid easy.

Thx....ya the machines the circulate the water and regulate temp look to make it too easy.

There is a great sous vide thread on here.

Back