jefffann

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey..I see single malt scotches and cigars as well as wine threads.What about tequila.Do any of you enjoy a good tequila?I'd name some but due to circumstances beyond my control I can't remember the names of the best I've had.Kinda a reason for the thread.I think I'm going to go to Red X a huge liquor store over in Mo. and was looking for some suggestions.

it's hard to beat patron.

I am a Jose Cuervo guy, I like the gold, hate the clear tequilas

some of my other favorites: Azunia, Don Valente & Casa Noble

back in college i used to drink TQ Hot. It was a tequila with hot peppers in it. Hot n' Good!

I dont really like Tequilla but Centenario Reposado is awesome. It has to be some of the smoothest out there.

Patron Silver and Herradura silver. I am not an anejo kind of person.

I like Patron and I've drank a boatload of Jose gold in my younger days.I had one with a cork cap that I'm trying to remember.

I dont think you took a shot of the Patron I had on my bachelors weekend....and I am the Ameteur?

You know what happens when i drink tequila....remember, dented fridge door, had to replace bedroom door, shall i keep going? i don't drink it any more for a reason, it turned me into a cowboy.

:D if you're a drinker are you sure about that last part?:D

haha! should be "i'm a drinker.....then a lover" at least in my own mind.

i'm not much of a straight tequila drinker...I just want to be able to taste it in my margaritas (light salt please)

Patron, Cazadores are two I know. In college all I knew was Jose C. and I hated it. A friend introduced me to Patron and I can tell you first hand there is a diference. :D

Giving someone advice on liquor is the same as golf. You ask 30 people, you could get 30 different answers. It all boils down to personal preference and taste. My question to you would be how much do you want to spend? A $20 tequila may not be great compared to a $50 bottle, but it is good for the $20 price. Some may feel the $50 bottle isn't worth $50.

My quick recommendations would be from lowest price ($25 or so) to higher ($45+):

Sauza Hornitos
Milagro
Sauza Tres Generaciones
Don Julio

Each of these will have a Silver - Reposado - Anejo option and should be available at the store. There are several other good tequilas out there, but sometimes it boils down to availability in a certain area. A popular tequila sold in Ohio or Oregon, might not be available in Missouri or Kansas for instance.

Some people don't really like Silver tequila, others don't like Anejo. Again much of it is personal preference. There are even a couple of high end Cuervo tequilas that are excellent, but one is about $75 the other is $100+. Some people don't mind paying that much, but others don't feet it is worth the money.

There are tons of great tequila options out there. Best thing is to try a few and see which ones you like best. Plus, that is part of the fun!

That's why I always pronounce it ta-kill-ya! :bulgy-eyes:

that's a good one :clapp: and it will kill ya, at least me.

There is nothing worse than working in a Mexican restaurant that serves margaritas all day everyday and you feel like you are on your death bed you are so hungover from a night of tequila shots.

Granted it's been many, many moons since tequila and I did battle...

Herradura ws one of the best back in the day.
Patron is always good.
Try Cabo Wabo... Not the best but still better than Cuervo.

Cabo Wabo is my favorite.

First time I ever got sick drinkin' as a boy was from the nectar of a blue agave plant.

I have a 40 year old (sealed, never opened) bottle of Cuervo Gold that I am saving for a rainy day. Problem is it never rains in the desert anymore. :confused2:

I have a 40 year old (sealed, never opened) bottle of Cuervo Gold that I am saving for a rainy day. Problem is it never rains in the desert anymore. :confused2:

let me know and i'll pm you my address. it rains quite a bit here.:D

Back