The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really am a gross, sweaty pig. Over an hour ago I spread fungicide on the lawn. I then took a shower and I’m still sweating.
a9631bef22716f41e1ef62132cbc9d10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I are familiar. My dad has told me that no matter what happens, I'll always have inherited his ability to sweat out more water than my body is actually comprised of.

I are familiar. My dad has told me that no matter what happens, I'll always have inherited his ability to sweat out more water than my body is actually comprised of.

can confirm. you are very gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey @JB this one is for you:

Holy all-the-data Batman! Apollo In Real Time.

Just found this website which follows Apollo 11 in real time. Not any of this piddly tweets every once in awhile, it's almost data over load, but so freaking cool. You can select which controller you listen to, and can see all the transcripts of what's being said on the left.

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

Just found this website which follows Apollo 11 in real time. Not any of this piddly tweets every once in awhile, it's almost data over load, but so freaking cool. You can select which controller you listen to, and can see all the transcripts of what's being said on the left.

WHoa, that's nuts, very cool though

This is unreal cool to follow. I'm only "slightly" excited for when SpaceX gets the BFR ready for a launch for purely selfish and jaw dropping purposes. Something that's right there with the Saturn V in terms of size, and the amount of horsepower that thing is gonna need to get airborne? That might be worth a couple hour drive to see that live.

This is fascinating!

I have no clue what I am looking at, but damn if I am not engaged and want to just dive right in.

If nothing else, you can click the Capcom button and that’s the guy in Mission Control that’s actually talking to the spacecraft. All of the others are on a closed loop just in that room and they’re discussing items that they’re responsible for monitoring.

If nothing else, you can click the Capcom button and that’s the guy in Mission Control that’s actually talking to the spacecraft. All of the others are on a closed loop just in that room and they’re discussing items that they’re responsible for monitoring.

This is awesome.

Great find! Thanks.

The space program, and Apollo particularly, is absolutely fascinating. I'll watch, read or listen to anything about it. If you haven't seen it, the Apollo 11 documentary on Amazon Prime is excellent. It's all original source, archival material. Some of it has never been shown until now. "The Last Steps" about Apollo 17 is also very good.

The Official Banter Away Thread

It’s ashamed that the majority of music videos from the 80s and 90s were never mastered in 16x9 and HD. I love getting lost in the YouTube vortex but man the video quality sure sucked 20-40 years ago.

It’s a if they never thought about streaming on YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could not imagine the **** storm this song would cause today.

“I'm only seventeen (seventeen)
But I'll show you love like you've never seen
She's only seventeen (seventeen)
Daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me”
cc7cfc7ee977bcda677ce29f7d4a0d2e.jpg

Shout out to @Jman this morning. By 9am ET there will be 5 new articles on the home page that went up TODAY that he wrote. That is a lot of writing on some serious golf tech. Three are already up there and 2 more hit at 9am.

Just saw this, thank you for the kind words! It was completely my pleasure, love it!

What scares the bejesus outta me is that society welcomed hairdos like that! Crazy looking back and thinking it was actually cool back then and it looks so weird now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What scares the bejesus outta me is that society welcomed hairdos like that! Crazy looking back and thinking it was actually cool back then and it looks so weird now.

Or that guys use hairspray

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Touché.

What weirds me out is that these guys are 10-20 years younger than me in these videos, yet to me I’m still seeing them through the eyes of a kid/teenager. They still look so old to me.

Go listen to "My Sharona" by the Knack! It's definitely not kosher! We named our daughter Sicilia because my wife and her family are Sicilian. So, everyone hears her name and says oh, like the song? We're like yeah but spelled differently. So, I've heard that song a lot lately. Can't sing the 2nd verse now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back