The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good ones coming up.

Unfortunately with the new job starting in a week I'm not sure if I'll be able to sign up for any of them coming up.

On the plus side I have a new job starting up so I'll be able to start my THP event fund back up!

Unfortunately with the new job starting in a week I'm not sure if I'll be able to sign up for any of them coming up.

On the plus side I have a new job starting up so I'll be able to start my THP event fund back up!

Good priorities there and we have some killer stuff coming in the future

I'm so tired of playing crappy golf. I have a killer bag of equipment and no game to match it. It's really frustrating that I seem to hit better on the range but completely lose it on the course.

We'll both get out of this funk brother. You have too much talent not to, and I am too inconsistent to play ****** golf for too long.

We'll both get out of this funk brother. You have too much talent not to, and I am too inconsistent to play ****** golf for too long.

If you two were a team it would either be called Pale Riders or Polite Trash Talkers

If you two were a team it would either be called Pale Riders or Polite Trash Talkers

"Wow that was a terrible putt. You have the touch of a civil war surgeon".

10 seconds later:
"Sorry aboot that, I may have gone overboard with that comment aye".

"Wow that was a terrible putt. You have the touch of a civil war surgeon".

10 seconds later:
"Sorry aboot that, I may have gone overboard with that comment aye".
Wait, who's the Pirate?

They have a lot of pirates in Fargo.

Instead of ships we ride around on snowmobiles and steal space heaters instead of gold.

The eye patches are just for fun.

Instead of ships we ride around on snowmobiles and steal space heaters instead of gold.

This post is pure gold.

Once you see Captain Kev patrolling Dakota's mighty shores, you never go back.

Once you see Captain Kev patrolling Dakota's mighty shores, you never go back.

This is a mental image I will treasure forever.

After recording the latest golf match/outing from the golf channel or what not, then sitting down to watch, surfing THC for a quick looksee, and seeing a "Whats in the bag (WINNERS NAME HERE)". Kind of a spoiler don't you think. Maybe wait a day or two please? Is this just me?

After recording the latest golf match/outing from the golf channel or what not, then sitting down to watch, surfing THC for a quick looksee, and seeing a "Whats in the bag (WINNERS NAME HERE)". Kind of a spoiler don't you think. Maybe wait a day or two please? Is this just me?

it's just you. pretty much everywhere does this. if i've dvr'd a sporting event and don't want a spoiler, i stay off social media, text chains with buddies, etc.

I'm so tired of playing crappy golf. I have a killer bag of equipment and no game to match it. It's really frustrating that I seem to hit better on the range but completely lose it on the course.

what's the issue? have you had anyone check your grip and alignment? those two things make a massive difference, and can get a little "off" so quickly.

Don't want to come off as sounding like a jerk. But, if you are really wanting to avoid spoilers for a golf tournament and it's that important that you don't know, I would advise against visiting a golf related website. It's like trying to avoid seeing what happens in a series/season finale of a popular show and then going onto Twitter.

Freon leak could be causing the condenser to freeze over.

that's what it was. but my ac unit is older, and my type of freon apparently won't be made after this year so i have to upgrade soon. "we start our quotes at $5,800." ummm, what? it's a downstairs unit responsible for like 900 square feet. seems a little excessive.

Don't want to come off as sounding like a jerk. But, if you are really wanting to avoid spoilers for a golf tournament and it's that important that you don't know, I would advise against visiting a golf related website. It's like trying to avoid seeing what happens in a series/season finale of a popular show and then going onto Twitter.
Actually not sounding like a jerk, I seriously wanted to know. In the motorcycle racing world, (I rode dirt bikes and street bikes for years) it was considered good form to post "spoiler" in a thread title, and leaving the winners out of the title. Then it was on you if you opened the thread. Apparently golf is different. I am ok with that, and no, I don't do twitter or most social media.

that's what it was. but my ac unit is older, and my type of freon apparently won't be made after this year so i have to upgrade soon. "we start our quotes at $5,800." ummm, what? it's a downstairs unit responsible for like 900 square feet. seems a little excessive.

Yep, the old freon has been getting more and more expensive. Frankly, if you add freon to get it running, its just going to leak out again and you'll need another refill. Luckily, I knew some a/c guys and was able to get them to install a lightly used air handler and make it fit with some creative ducting work in the old house. They had taken it out of a house the owners wanted a bigger unit for and had it laying around. Before that, I had them refill the freon twice because I got about a year our of it and they were charging me cost.

If your downstairs is the issue, I can’t see that being more than a 2.5-3ton unit. Shouldn’t be more than like 4000, but it is also summer..

Yep, the old freon has been getting more and more expensive. Frankly, if you add freon to get it running, its just going to leak out again and you'll need another refill. Luckily, I knew some a/c guys and was able to get them to install a lightly used air handler and make it fit with some creative ducting work in the old house. They had taken it out of a house the owners wanted a bigger unit for and had it laying around. Before that, I had them refill the freon twice because I got about a year our of it and they were charging me cost.

yeah, this freon leak has been going on for awhile. every year i pay for a top-up, and it lasts me until the next summer. time to bite the bullet though.

If your downstairs is the issue, I can’t see that being more than a 2.5-3ton unit. Shouldn’t be more than like 4000, but it is also summer..

i want the smallest unit possible. my wife loathes the cold, so we don't need anything super powerful. and i'm cheap, so it works out.

yeah, this freon leak has been going on for awhile. every year i pay for a top-up, and it lasts me until the next summer. time to bite the bullet though.

i want the smallest unit possible. my wife loathes the cold, so we don't need anything super powerful. and i'm cheap, so it works out.
An undersized unit will cost more to run and will end up needing replaced. A properly sized unit shouldn't be much more.

what's the issue? have you had anyone check your grip and alignment? those two things make a massive difference, and can get a little "off" so quickly.

I'm not really sure at this point. It's one of those things where everything feels off and nothing is comfortable. My alignment was off awhile back and I fixed that but now everything is rough. The frustrating part is that I felt like I was on the verge of great golf and it all disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back