2018-2019 NBA season thread

I don’t root for injuries, but this one doesn’t upset me in the least.

This is kind of how I feel. Alos, people are acting like he was Willis Reed or something. He was medically cleared. This wasn't some heroic effort on his part.

As an apology to KD for the few bad apples there last night, Raptor fans have started donating to KD's charity. A GoFundMe is close to $1,000 and there have been a couple grand in direct donations already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an apology to KD for the few bad apples there last night, Raptor fans have started donating to KD's charity. A GoFundMe is close to $1,000 and there have been a couple grand in direct donations already.

Now THAT is classy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is kind of how I feel. Alos, people are acting like he was Willis Reed or something. He was medically cleared. This wasn't some heroic effort on his part.

Medically cleared.....LOL. Yea, I bet he was. There is going to be some inquiries into "who" cleared him and why. Apparently he was still limping in pre-game warmups. Embarrasing to the Warriors org. if it ends up being his achilles on the exact same foot that was in question. If so, he's proably toast for next year.

Great job by the Toronto fans.

Medically cleared.....LOL. Yea, I bet he was. There is going to be some inquiries into "who" cleared him and why. Apparently he was still limping in pre-game warmups. Embarrasing to the Warriors org. if it ends up being his achilles on the exact same foot that was in question. If so, he's proably toast for next year.

I didn’t see that part of the game. If he was limping then I take it back. I went off new stories I read that said he was cleared by a team of doctors. Maybe that was a little CYA by the Warriors. One thing is for sure, he cost himself a lot of money. It will be interesting to see if the Warriors take care of him considering he apparently tried to come back early

I didn’t see that part of the game. If he was limping then I take it back. I went off new stories I read that said he was cleared by a team of doctors. Maybe that was a little CYA by the Warriors. One thing is for sure, he cost himself a lot of money. It will be interesting to see if the Warriors take care of him considering he apparently tried to come back early
Yea, I think most believe he had no business coming back but of course the Dr's did! In all seriousness, he was in a no win position. Of course he wanted to play and get back out there. He sits and everyone questions his moxy. He plays and risks further injury but maybe gives his team a lift. I wish no injury w/ the achilles on anyone no matter who they are. It looks to be a terrible injury to have. But then again, you have players like Anthony Davis sitting out at the end of the season so that he wouldn't risk injury in lieu of his up coming contract.

For what it's worth, the Warriors aren't the ones that need to take care of Durant. Durant has a player option for next year at the maximum money that he can earn. It has been widely assumed that he would turn down the player option in order to go to free agency this summer. But if he knows that he has a torn Achilles tendon, is probably not going to play very much (if at all) next year, he could easily accept that player option from the Warriors, rehab the injury next year, and then hop right back into free agency.

The question that some are asking today is whether the Warriors would offer him a much longer deal in terms of years/dollars right now to get him to stay with the Warriors, knowing that if he declines the player option and goes into free agency, virtually every other team in the league would offer him that type of contract.

Report is Achilles injury for Durant.

The way the general manager and reportedly how the doctors and others are acting as if he totally blew out the Achilles.

I wonder how much that will change the NBA free agency if Durant is out all of next year?

My guess is that KD will stay and Klay Thompson will leave the Warriors. Even if they wanted to, I am not sure the Warriors ownership could afford to pay Green and Curry, plus Klay and KD as well.
Toronto and Philladelphia are right there to win championships, so I don't know why Kawhi and Butler would want to leave their (winning) teams.
I think if Anthony Davis and Khris Middleton could somehow end up on the same team that would likely make that team very formidable.

For what it's worth, the Warriors aren't the ones that need to take care of Durant. Durant has a player option for next year at the maximum money that he can earn. It has been widely assumed that he would turn down the player option in order to go to free agency this summer. But if he knows that he has a torn Achilles tendon, is probably not going to play very much (if at all) next year, he could easily accept that player option from the Warriors, rehab the injury next year, and then hop right back into free agency.

The question that some are asking today is whether the Warriors would offer him a much longer deal in terms of years/dollars right now to get him to stay with the Warriors, knowing that if he declines the player option and goes into free agency, virtually every other team in the league would offer him that type of contract.

Yeah. I think Durant will be a-ok money wise even if he has to sit out almost of the season. He’ll get paid by somebody.

I get that it is the finals, and they want extra days for practice and media..... but man these playoffs have just dragged. Really wish it was a finals game every 2nd night.

I get that it is the finals, and they want extra days for practice and media..... but man these playoffs have just dragged. Really wish it was a finals game every 2nd night.
Look on the bright side. Next season starts in about 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KD will pick up his option and rehab all next year, Klay will stay and take less money. Kawhi and Butler I don't even have a guess. Anthony Davis will be in NY with Kyrie, either Nets or Knicks. Tatum will be a Laker.

The real question is what Vets are going to be on the Pelicans? Or does Griffin go all in on really young kids?

Let’s go Raps!

To give the Raptors the best possible chance of winning I am holding off on watching until well into the 2nd half.

Trying to avoid the "my team loses every time I watch the whole game jinx"

Let’s go Raps!!! Signed loyal since since 1995!!!! That be me as a youngin ‘
6c61d22a9f963109405324026d3c79da.jpg

Great game thus far. Ws fighting back. Should be an interesting ending

Warriors better hope Klay comes back in the 4th. They look lost since he went out.

Warriors better hope Klay comes back in the 4th. They look lost since he went out.

And there’s the report that he’s out for the game

Going to take a super human effort from Curry to get GS to a game seven now without Klay the rest of the way.

And there’s the report that he’s out for the game

If he was able to run a little bit after the free throws, THEN was ruled out for the game after a medical evaluation.....the dreaded 3-letter knee injury probably occurred. I hope I'm wrong. He's also a free agent after this year.

Cmon now Toronto. Time to close this one out. No Durant. No Klay. Don’t want this to go to game 7. Then it’s a crap shoot. Granted, in the history of the NBA only 1 team has ever come back to win a finals being down 3-1. I’ve seen it happen though :)

Back