2018-2019 NBA season thread

Stupid replay made end kinda anticlimactic.

And what are the fans chanting?

Also happy Cousins didn't get his free ring

Pretty uninspiring stuff from Curry. You expect him to put the team on his back there and instead he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Congrats Kawhi and Toronto!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't claim to be a Raps fan, but this is huge for Basketball in Canada.

Pretty uninspiring stuff from Curry. You expect him to put the team on his back there and instead he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

You can only push off to create space so much.

Ok, how many days till NFL football? The Off-season is going to one of the most interesting in many years. At least it will not be all about LeBron.

Super happy that the Raptors pulled out the win. Just wish it had been a bit more convincing for the final minute or so.

Would love to see Kawhi resign, would like to see what they could do as a follow up.

So, with Durant having a blown Achilles and quite possibly Klay with an ACL tear, how does free agency change? I gotta think Leonard stays in Toronto now. That leaves some lesser free agents going to get max money for sure.

Think sixers definitely give Butler the max, but don’t think he is worth it.

Another wild finish. Too bad they couldn't finish it at home but they got their Ring.

Is it just me or were there a TON of bad calls/no calls in that 4th quarter alone?

2018-2019 NBA season thread

So proud of my city right now. Been a long road lots of ups and downs. From the start of the season losing Demar I admit was salty on it. 15 games in that went away and The Klaw is all mighty and powerful. They will try everything to keep him . Plus he just bought a mansion in Toronto so I think he stays another year at least.
As a young kid I always dreamed for us to hoist the trophy with Carter we came close but not there. Just a kid from Rexdale proud of his city

Last edited:
So, with Durant having a blown Achilles and quite possibly Klay with an ACL tear, how does free agency change? I gotta think Leonard stays in Toronto now. That leaves some lesser free agents going to get max money for sure.

Think sixers definitely give Butler the max, but don’t think he is worth it.

Toronto will put big dollar into Kawai bank and trust me Masai has it too. I see Leonard stay another year

Apparently the refs aren’t going to call a foul on GS at the end of the game

They haven’t called tripping all night. Curry gets the call though

Lmao replay. Curry trips himself. Shoots two.

Another wild finish. Too bad they couldn't finish it at home but they got their Ring.

Is it just me or were there a TON of bad calls/no calls in that 4th quarter alone?

Congrats to the Raptors, and to all Canada fans. I will admit I was getting worried that the fix was in when they called a Toronto foul when Curry tripped over his own leg. And when it became obvious there was no way in hell they were gonna call a Technical on Draymond Green. But they pulled it off! Lowry & Vanvleet were clutch down the stretch.

Confirmed by Klay Thompson's agent: he tore his ACL. Just a horrible week for the Warriors.

Confirmed by Klay Thompson's agent: he tore his ACL. Just a horrible week for the Warriors.
That's horrible news. Klay has long been one of my favorites. Gotta feel for him as he heads into free agency. I still hope Milwaukee makes a play for him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One heck of a game by the raps, so proud of them! It’s huge for basketball up here.

They were trying to be a bit more NHL like and let them play last night but there was some bad calls, not that unlike the NHL playoffs!

Sucks to hear about Thompson though, that’s rough.

I don’t root for injuries. But one thing seems pretty certain, GS isn’t going to win the title next year either. And I’m okay with that.

I really think Kawhi's heading to California next year. At most he'll do one year with an option.

Could be completely wrong, but just the feeling based on some of the interviews from this morning/last night.

to be fair...Toronto had a lot to do with that. Nurse drew up a great defensive plan and his team executed it. There were Raptors inside Curry's G-string all the time and then on the rare occasions he broke free he was rushing because the Raptors were going to be there in a heartbeat. Curry was and likely will continue to be a phenomenal shooter...but even the best are subject to reality and the reality is Toronto was playing great d that was only enhanced by having to worry about fewer threats. Cousins, Looney, McKinney...I probably spend a bit less effort there than Curry...

Congrats to Nurse on a great plan, congrats to Leonard, Ibaka, Gasol, Lowry, Ven Vleet, etc on fantastic execution. the right team won and did it in likeable fashion. I wish the ratings had matched the story on both sides of the border.

LOL the Ref's wait until 0.9 seconds left to make a CORRECT call.

With these two injuries the Pelican's win. AD's trade stock just went up! Hmmm, how many number 2 players will be getting number 1 salaries in free agency now?

Back