Odyssey Red Ball Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
no microhinge? 2-generation old white hot rx? curious

So this is their version of the SeeMore RST alignment? Personally I think it is ugly but that is just my opinion

And also, this will only work if you set up with your eyes directly over the ball, it is no good for players who don't set up that way

Looks huuuuge! Not a big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious. I would test it, won't buy it.

I get the idea they are going for, just personally I am not a fan of the look at all. Also curious why it doesn't have microhinge.

The concept is interesting but it's not a very flattering putter. It would have to sink a ton of putts for me to put it in the bag

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

More importantly I can’t tell if there’s room to pick the ball up.

Signed lazy #7 owner

Easuest way to get more weight to the perimeter? Get it out of the middle! Looks like the forgiveness would be there, but I'm not sure how the ball and scope would work if you don't putt with your eyes directly over the line. Seems if you have your eyes inside the line, you'd tend to set up with the toe up. I'd still take a few swings if I saw one in store.

Interesting idea that will resonate with plenty of players. Seems like a good idea but it’s no looker in my eyes. If it works, I can look past that

I like the attempt made to improve consistency of a person's setup but I'm not sure I could look down at that shape. The alignment aid is a great idea though.

I actually don't mind the looks of this one. Takeaway the cutaways, which I think I'd get used to pretty quick and you've pretty much got the traditional V-line shape. If this worked for me I'd have no qualms putting it in the bag.

Killing it! This putter immediately brings to mind ‘HAL’. I imagine when I pull it from the bag, it’ll say ‘Hello Panda’. This will be tried when released.

I have to agree with other posters, this is not a very eye appealing putter.

There is a whole lot going on with looks wise with this putter. Not a big fan of the looks, but it would be fun to give it a try. I just think that there is way too much going on for me.

Far too much going on with this putter for my feeble mind to process.

Lots of interesting alignment/set up aids here. I think I like it. Do I think it would make me putt better? Yes, because I would be more consistent in how I set up behind the ball. Whether I had my hands high enough or low enough.

I’m a little surprised in the insert but you can’t have everything and still sell it for $179. But could we see a more tricked out model and the EXO line? I don’t know, that would be a great question to ask Sean, Austie or Luke.

Lots of interesting alignment/set up aids here. I think I like it. Do I think it would make me putt better? Yes, because I would be more consistent in how I set up behind the ball. Whether I had my hands high enough or low enough.

I’m a little surprised in the insert but you can’t have everything and still sell it for $179. But could we see a more tricked out model and the EXO line? I don’t know, that would be a great question to ask Sean, Austie or Luke.

I dont see this moving to EXO is my personal take, but we will be with them tomorrow in the behind the scenes thread.
It was great having a THP Event with all of them earlier this year.

Interesting design, but not my style. A little too much going on for my taste

I dont see this moving to EXO is my personal take, but we will be with them tomorrow in the behind the scenes thread.
It was great having a THP Event with all of them earlier this year.

Yes, it was. I have read through most of that thread. Quite an experience!

Shape doesnt bother me, its basically a V line which Ive used in the past. Curious as to why they went back to an older insert which has been touted as inferior technology.

Odyssey is really betting on the crowd that says they don’t care about looks as long as it lowers their score!
I’m not completely in that group but if this putter REALLY helped me on the course, I’d game it.

Shape doesnt bother me, its basically a V line which Ive used in the past. Curious as to why they went back to an older insert which has been touted as inferior technology.

I’m curious about that too. Maybe it was the only way to make this putter with that alignment aid and keep it under $200.

Yikes....

Back