First Look: Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 Putter

Such cool looking putters...these interest me waaaay more than most Scotty's.

haha, I mean, I could have sworn that white stuff was marshmallow infused birdie juice.

Are you absolutely sure you're sure?

Whats interesting is that I do think some believe Teryllium is on the periodic chart. Its a great trademarked Cameron name. Copper with some caulk (close to it) and tape make the feel what it is (which is good). Then add the holes to show the caulk through the putter.

It created a fantastic feel and FWIW, they are not the only brand using this 3m tape for inserts. Heck they weren't even the first, but it certainly works and is cost effective.

Whats interesting is that I do think some believe Teryllium is on the periodic chart. Its a great trademarked Cameron name. Copper with some caulk (close to it) and tape make the feel what it is (which is good). Then add the holes to show the caulk through the putter.

It created a fantastic feel and FWIW, they are not the only brand using this 3m tape for inserts. Heck they weren't even the first, but it certainly works and is cost effective.

Yeah it is dude, TeI. It's beside Hydrogen. #SleptThroughChemistry

I love their take on the name. He's been doing it for years, and honestly, it's fun. May as well name it all as companies name their tech on other clubs. Makes it unique while the same. I can dig that.

Yeah it is dude, TeI. It's beside Hydrogen. #SleptThroughChemistry

I love their take on the name. He's been doing it for years, and honestly, it's fun. May as well name it all as companies name their tech on other clubs. Makes it unique while the same. I can dig that.

Agreed. Its fantastic marketing on a product that looks good and had the ultimate validation.

The originals are great feeling clubs, and the name is just another thing that makes SC a marketing wizard. Worth noting that the original TeI3 putters do not use tape, just screws that are covered by the elastomer in the cavity. I'm sure the new version will also have screws, but it does seem, as things have gone, that they will also have tape.

All I have to say is darn it, why not release in the last two weeks. I would have definitely popped for the fastback.
Still may have to at least see it in person, you never know what could happen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The originals are great feeling clubs, and the name is just another thing that makes SC a marketing wizard. Worth noting that the original TeI3 putters do not use tape, just screws that are covered by the elastomer in the cavity. I'm sure the new version will also have screws, but it does seem, as things have gone, that they will also have tape.

I honestly don't know if the new versions have screws. Its not mentioned in any of their press copy. I should be rolling one next month in Chicago and confirm then if someone doesn't before then.

In the video showcasing that line, they make it pretty clearly visible that it's just a strip of adhesive between the head and the insert. Membrane is definitely fancy talk for tape, but at least they didn't try to hide it.

5fe27a67724cf4f5349aad51f29dc083.png
I suppose. The piece of "membrane" in my old putter wasnt even cut in a rectangle shape. At least caulking is a legit building material lol, but tape is what the hacks use.

As the buyer I should have done my research I guess, but that was the only time I truly felt duped by a golf purchase.

I suppose. The piece of "membrane" in my old putter wasnt even cut in a rectangle shape. At least caulking is a legit building material lol, but tape is what the hacks use.

As the buyer I should have done my research I guess, but that was the only time I truly felt duped by a golf purchase.

I totally get it, buddy.

First Look: Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 Putter

A very interesting discussion, I will say as someone who uses 3M tape in a variety of products for work they are very strong and don’t require a lot for something to stick and stick very very well. To say it’s used by hacks is a bit of a stretch IMO

marshmallow elastomer would sure make kissing your putter after a good putt a whole lot better.

Marshmallow Elastomer would make a great band name.

A very interesting discussion, I will say as someone who uses 3M tape in a variety of products for work they are very strong and don’t require a lot for something to stick and stick very very well. To say it’s used by hacks is a bit of a stretch IMO
Fair enough, I retract that part.
I dont think I've ever taped anything together in 15 years, but I shouldn't have assumed that it doesn't have its place.

I remember being positively disgusted when I took the insert out of my 2016 Newport and found a poorly cut piece of double sided tape in there.
I honestly havent been able to look at ANY insert Scotty since then without scorn and derision.

That's the sort of $$ driven nonsense that leads people down the path of "all tech is marketing" in golf.

I maybe wrong, but the difference between that 2016 insert and the teryllium is very different. With the terryllium there is no tape only (from what I understand) a block of teryllium and some white silicone caulk or that type of material as a backing. I now what you are referring to and I agree.

For a while there, I thought that there was an actual element called teryllium, but there not, however, there is an element called "Tellurium" which is awful close in name. SC is very good at marketing!

I need a total quantity and where I can order one asap. I'm already stressed out

These look very good; Always had a soft spot for the Newport 2’s

In the world of tour sticks and limiteds, it absolutely is a Scotty call. My understanding is that level of control is part of his deal with Acushnet. OTRs I think are completely handled by Titleist after completion of design.

Relative to Titleist/Footjoy golf ball and footwear business, I don't think the company's putter business has much of an impact either way. If the company does $1.5 billion in total worldwide annual revenues my guess is that the Scotty Cameron brand products (putters, covers, apparel, accessories) annually contribute no more than $100 million.

Haha. If a company does 1.5 billion and 100 million doesn't impact much, then they need a new CFO....Immediately.
But just so we are continuing to deal with facts, none of those numbers are accurate. Just as Scotty Cameron business is not down the last few years as posted earlier, in fact they are up year over year.

Haha. If a company does 1.5 billion and 100 million doesn't impact much, then they need a new CFO....Immediately.

The Cameron brand contributes 6% to 7% of total company revenues, so I doubt this relatively small business division is much of a focus to the CFO and, or, CEO. They are likely much more interested in the company's ball business and footwear business, divisions which each contribute about 30% of total company revenues.

Relative to Titleist/Footjoy golf ball and footwear business, I don't think the company's putter business has much of an impact either way. If the company does $1.5 billion in total worldwide annual revenues my guess is that the Scotty Cameron brand products (putters, covers, apparel, accessories) annually contribute no more than $100 million.
Im not sure it matters. For a guy like SC, he's getting what he wants, which is a ton of control, and Titleist is getting what they way, which is a ton of money.

I also know for a fact that SC pulls in a ton of cash on his own accord. The story is that the Gallery stores have very little or nothing at all to do with Titleist.

Knowing what I know of the man, I think he'd probably be happy with just that, but there's no way he'd turn down the opportunity/empire Titleist has helped him create

Posted by my thumbs.

Im not sure it matters. For a guy like SC, he's getting what he wants, which is a ton of control, and Titleist is getting what they way, which is a ton of money.

I also know for a fact that SC pulls in a ton of cash on his own accord. The story is that the Gallery stores have very little or nothing at all to do with Titleist.

Knowing what I know of the man, I think he'd probably be happy with just that, but there's no way he'd turn down the opportunity/empire Titleist has helped him create

Posted by my thumbs.

Yes, absolutely Scotty Cameron has made himself a rock star celebrity (without assuming the usual financial risks associated with building and maintaining a brand ).

Yikes, it's probably a good thing I don't have 600 clams or I'd be sleeping in the chicken coop when the Mrs. found out..

I’m not a huge Scotty guy, but I’ve wanted a TeI3 for quite a while...me thinks I might snatch one of these up. I haven’t bought a putter in a while. That needs to change...

Back