SeeMore Putters Thread

Still trying to decide what putter to put in my bag. Once I start winter lessons inside, we're going to be doing a lot of work on putting, so I'd like to get that squared away. I like the FGP mallet I've been using, but I'm finding the sound (and thus feel) to be a bit more clicky than I'd prefer - I feel like I get more vibration up the shaft, even when I hit the sweet spot. I've mostly been putting with insert putters - Smart Square and the Tank, and the Anser style putter I have (A Mizuno TPM-6) has a much more muted sound and feel.

Where should I look for a softer feel? Would the Si or X series be the place to look? Or do some of the milled putters have a softer feel than the standard FGP series? I'm not necessarily looking for something like the Odyssey insert - the Mizuno putter feels about perfect to me.

Still trying to decide what putter to put in my bag. Once I start winter lessons inside, we're going to be doing a lot of work on putting, so I'd like to get that squared away. I like the FGP mallet I've been using, but I'm finding the sound (and thus feel) to be a bit more clicky than I'd prefer - I feel like I get more vibration up the shaft, even when I hit the sweet spot. I've mostly been putting with insert putters - Smart Square and the Tank, and the Anser style putter I have (A Mizuno TPM-6) has a much more muted sound and feel.

Where should I look for a softer feel? Would the Si or X series be the place to look? Or do some of the milled putters have a softer feel than the standard FGP series? I'm not necessarily looking for something like the Odyssey insert - the Mizuno putter feels about perfect to me.

The 100% milled black gunmetal series are carbon steel that I believe will give you what you are looking for in terms of sound / feel. I will let others weigh in on the Si and X series as I don't have any experience with them other than rolling them in stores.

Putter really well with the Z3C yesterday, but just couldnt shake the m1 from being the long term gamer. I love this thing.
Yes. Yes you did. It is a very sweet putter - let me know if you ever think of getting rid of it!

I really like the feel of my Si3 putter - even when comparing it to one piece milled putters (SC GOLO 5), I still like the Si3 feel better.

Love the Z3c! It is definitely a gamer.

Putter really well with the Z3C yesterday, but just couldnt shake the m1 from being the long term gamer. I love this thing.

I happen to be quite fond myself. crazy how connected to a putter you become when you find The One.

Just started rolling the Platinum Tour Limited Z3C the last couple weeks after rolling a CB X4 all year , all I can say is WOW it is like butter so smooth very easy to control on fast greens. I was extremely surprised was going to sell it for a quick flip , but no more. I am wondering if anyone has tried heavy and lighter weights together? Also what's the possibility of Seemore swapping me for a Black Gunmetal one don't know if I'm liking the Platinum look yet.

Just started rolling the Platinum Tour Limited Z3C the last couple weeks after rolling a CB X4 all year , all I can say is WOW it is like butter so smooth very easy to control on fast greens. I was extremely surprised was going to sell it for a quick flip , but no more. I am wondering if anyone has tried heavy and lighter weights together? Also what's the possibility of Seemore swapping me for a Black Gunmetal one don't know if I'm liking the Platinum look yet.

I have done some mixing and matching with the weights but always go back to the two lighter weights. I don't care much for a head weight much north of 340 grams. As far as swapping, if it was brand new, I would say there was a chance. But since it is not, I am guessing no. I don't think they deal in used putters. This, of course, is just my speculation so you can always call to inquire if anything can be done. If not, maybe post for a possible trade in the marketplace.

Yea good idea will see , maybe it will grow on me. Anyone Counter Balanced on there Z3C

Yea good idea will see , maybe it will grow on me. Anyone Counter Balanced on there Z3C

I am not a cb guy but I know that some have tried it with the z series. Hopefully they will chime in for you.

I had both my z2 and z3 counterbalanced.

I didn't love it.

This was actually the theme of the e-newsletter I received from them earlier today. The newsletter was identical to the link you received.

Cool, I don't receive that newsletter. I was thrilled to get such a prompt and thorough answer from SeeMore.

We're going to be in a group together Sunday. I'll have my z3c and hopefully ddec's m9. You're more than welcome to roll them both.

As for your question above, the softest "feeling" SeeMore I rolled was the black carbon PTM1. A close second was the smoke diamond m2c PR. As for the X and Si series, the X insert felt more firm to me--yet I wouldn't exactly describe the Si insert soft either. Unfortunately I had both, but purged both to pay for my PR.

SeeMore HQ would like to thank soxfan for lunch today! Great Trio - THP/SeeMore/Famous Dave's - thanks again! Very kind of you!!!

THP-FamousDaves-SeeMore.jpg

SeeMore HQ would like to thank soxfan for lunch today! Great Trio - THP/SeeMore/Famous Dave's - thanks again! Very kind of you!!!

Well done Scott. Bring me back a plate!

We're going to be in a group together Sunday. I'll have my z3c and hopefully ddec's m9. You're more than welcome to roll them both.

As for your question above, the softest "feeling" SeeMore I rolled was the black carbon PTM1. A close second was the smoke diamond m2c PR. As for the X and Si series, the X insert felt more firm to me--yet I wouldn't exactly describe the Si insert soft either. Unfortunately I had both, but purged both to pay for my PR.

I'll also have my One CS and my Si4, I know they are lefties, but it could give you an idea of the feel

I'll also have my One CS and my Si4, I know they are lefties, but it could give you an idea of the feel

Thanks guys, this will be perfect. I've been able to try a few of the models in Golf Galaxy, but none of the premium models - I'm most likely going to order a tri-sole model soon, since I've found that it really helps me setup in other models, but I'd like to get a feel for the m/z series.

I have my eye on a DB4 on ebay that is my specs and cheap, but something about the center shafted/face balanced at impact models seems "right" to me.

THP-FamousDaves-SeeMore.jpg

As much as you guys do for us THPers, I felt it was the least I could do! Also trying to put some meat on Alex's bones...lol. Glad you guys enjoyed it! Just sorry I wasn't there to partake in the goodness.

Well done Scott. Bring me back a plate!

I wish I was there to enjoy it. Just sent an e-certificate for the awesome crew to have a holiday season meal on me.

I wish I was there to enjoy it. Just sent an e-certificate for the awesome crew to have a holiday season meal on me.
Sox,
That was a great gesture. Definitely a deserving crew.

That is VERY cool dude.

Great gesture, Scott!

Hey anyone out there rolling a mFGP? what you think ? comments, complaints, feel, Counter Balanced???

Back