Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I will likely make my way home to what i know I love but experiments are fun. I’ll wear a lab coat if I must. But the chase of perfect numbers will continue.

You’re crazier than Dechambeau! I just need driver to hit a number off the tee and give me a shot at the green.

But yes I will chase some numbers haha

I will likely make my way home to what i know I love but experiments are fun. I’ll wear a lab coat if I must. But the chase of perfect numbers will continue.
Perfect numbers or perfect ball flight on the course?

Wouldn’t they be the same?

Lol for me? No they are not

Playing golf and chasing numbers/playing golf swing does not work for me

Got out on the course on a rare 68 degree day here in the mitten. First time swinging a club since the Morgan Cup. Had both drivers with me, the yellow F9 with my custom shaft set with heavy weight back and the masters edition F9 with even flow blue and weight forward.

Having both crowns to look at on the course I can’t decide which I like better looks wise they both look so good. I will say that the feel and sound is completely different depending on where the weight is. Personally I much prefer the feel/sound and forgiveness with the weight back. Driver was a bit erratic but got better during the round. I need to make some more adjustments to get it dialed in completely.

Perfect numbers or perfect ball flight on the course?

You wrapped my brain in knots with that one. I would take either. Or both. I’m not really sure the difference. But yeah either. Heck, not in the woods would be great too.

You’re crazier than Dechambeau! I just need driver to hit a number off the tee and give me a shot at the green.

But yes I will chase some numbers haha

Crazier? I don’t think so. Dumber? Oh yeah! Half the brain with 1/32 the game.

Between the rain and being sick for 2 weeks I was finally able to get the F9 out for a round. This driver is amazing. If I wasn't in the fairway I was just off it. I am hitting this driver around 230-240 yards which is about 10 yards farther than my F8.

I had a couple of my friends hit the F9 today. They were very impressed. One friend said he was ordering it this week.

When I received this driver (Tour length) I didn't notice the back weight was only 14 gram. It took me a week or so to realize it was the wrong weight. I called Cobra Customer and they didn't hesitate to send me am 18 gram weight.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quick update for me. My driver has always been an inconsistent club for me. I'm not a long hitter and the driver gets in my head at times and I start to fan them way right. Over the weekend I played a round and alternated between the F9 Driver and F9 3-wood. I hit a personal best drive that carried to the 260 downslope and had a total of 297 (after a generous downhill rollout). Having an iron into a par 5 is not very common for me but it was a great hit. I am working with a coach specifically on getting my driver under control and will continue to update with my progress. From having 8 or so rounds in with this driver I can say that it seems every bit as forgiving as my previous ping G400 driver yet is consistently 20 yards further for me. Part of this could be the 5f4 Helium shaft that is performing very well for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I need shaft help...

This driver is the best feeling, sounding and looking I have ever seen so I am very determined to find a shaft that works for me. I’ve hit it in both the 6.0 and 6.5 Smoke shafts. I only have #’s from the 6.5 sessions today

Ball speed: 176 average
Launch angle: 8.9
Spin: 1852
Carry: 276

So clearly this shaft is way too low spin and launch for me. I’m naturally a low spin/high launch player so I don’t need much help in that department. This was with the weight back as well.

What shaft would you recommend me trying next?

I need shaft help...

This driver is the best feeling, sounding and looking I have ever seen so I am very determined to find a shaft that works for me. I’ve hit it in both the 6.0 and 6.5 Smoke shafts. I only have #’s from the 6.5 sessions today

So clearly this shaft is way too low spin and launch for me. I’m naturally a low spin/high launch player so I don’t need much help in that department. This was with the weight back as well.

What loft was the head?

Since you were low launch as well, I would go with more loft.

Also atmos ts blue or helium f5 are both higher launching higher spin options but would lean towards more loft.

I need shaft help...

I'd go up on loft a degree to get both launch and spin in a sweeter spot.

What loft was the head?

Since you were low launch as well, I would go with more loft.

Also atmos ts blue or helium f5 are both higher launching higher spin options but would lean towards more loft.

It was 9 degree. I’ll try the 10.5 next time in that case

It was 9 degree. I’ll try the 10.5 next time in that case

I think you'll like what you see. I held comment on my first reply because everyone is different, but I'm also a shallow delivery type. When I tried a 9* head I saw near identical launch and spin to what you posted (20mph slower ball speed). The 10.5* that put me right in my sweet spot of about 12* and 2300 spin, way more playable and stable.

Ordered the Hzrdus Yellow in tour legnth and really liking the change so far. Hitting the ball on the button and seeing nice distances. Back and forth between the F9, F8+ and another brand. Not really a spin, speed/numbers guy, but they are all performing well. F9 is in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ordered the Hzrdus Yellow in tour legnth and really liking the change so far. Hitting the ball on the button and seeing nice distances. Back and forth between the F9, F8+ and another brand. Not really a spin, speed/numbers guy, but they are all performing well. F9 is in the bag.

#ToldYou #TourLengthFTW

That moment when you just bought a #TeamAvalanche, and still have serious ponders about reinvesting. Gosh dang...

camo-f9-driver-105-hero_3_1.jpg

Moved towards the same thing. The additional head weight with the shorter club length makes it a lot easier to control.

And even with that additional control there doesn't seem to be any distance loss which is great.

Having driver in hand on more holes and hitting fairways equals lower scores.

Love the f9 driver.

#ToldYou #TourLengthFTW
Yes sir. Playing Allendale tomorrow at 11 with it for the 1st time. We have to hook up in a few weeks. I will send you my number.

I need shaft help...

Yeah It seems like more of a loft issue. Maaaaan you would love my 10.5* F9.

The smoke 6.5 would be a better look for you in the 10.5 head though for sure.

That moment when you just bought a #TeamAvalanche, and still have serious ponders about reinvesting. Gosh dang...

camo-f9-driver-105-hero_3_1.jpg
I have the yellow with the green driver on the way.. I had no choice but to order it!!

I just picked one of these up avalanche white and its a fun driver to hit. I have the PX Smoke 6.0 70 and its a great combo. Been working on the driver swing and its fun to hit driver when your swing is on. Distance is good but the sound/feel are great. Last Cobra driver I played was one of my favorite drivers ever the Amp Cell Pro. Reminds me of it in forgiveness just easy to hit and launch. Playing Sunday after all day at the Masters Saturday so the legs will be jello but excited to take it out again!

Got out for a round yesterday. Had about 5 swings on the range before the first tee... Switched the weights, cranked it up to 11.5˚, and just went with it. Was getting quick and fighting a snap hook all day. When I could manage to get myself in sync I hit some really good drives, so the potential is definitely there. Need to find some time to do a true head to head test with the G400 Max to figure out if this is a clear winner for me. Distance wise the F9 seems like a no brainer after one round, but I'm extremely used to the forgiveness of the G400, so it demands a little more scrutiny. I'm also going to swap in a HZRDUS Yellow at some point to see if that unlocks it a little. Been playing that shaft in my driver for some time now.

I also picked up this driver at lunch.
Was really really torn between the F9 & Cally EF (regular)

I also did something disgraceful as a Clevelander.... I bought the yellow & black version
9* head with the 6.0 Smoke shaft with the GP Plus 4 grey grip.

I also picked up this driver at lunch.
Was really really torn between the F9 & Cally EF (regular)

I also did something disgraceful as a Clevelander.... I bought the yellow & black version
9* head with the 6.0 Smoke shaft with the GP Plus 4 grey grip.

I think you will like it a lot. I have not hit a better feeling driver for a long time, if ever.

Back