TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Looking forward to giving these a go. TM fairways just seem to suit me really well. Really enjoy the m4s I have. We'll see if these are worth upgrading to.

Approved.

it will happen, but i'm going to wait for my new clubs to get here first. 150% trade-in actually lasts through March 3, so plenty of time. besides, that may give me enough time to lose my resolve and add a blue spider x to the cart...

it will happen, but i'm going to wait for my new clubs to get here first. 150% trade-in actually lasts through March 3, so plenty of time. besides, that may give me enough time to lose my resolve and add a blue spider x to the cart...

I considered trading some more stuff in myself.

Just finished up on the simulator and will post head to head numbers of my m6 vs f85.. pretty shocked by results

Just finished up on the simulator and will post head to head numbers of my m6 vs f85.. pretty shocked by results

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it!

i posted my trackman numbers from the m6 3w above, for comparison i'll put the m5 3w numbers here too. both with atmos red 7s.

m6
chs 95.6
ball speed 143.2
spin 2,387
carry 226.8
total 256.4
launch 11.4
smash 1.50

m5
chs 95.9
ball speed 144.1
spin 2,155
carry 231.8
total 262.4
launch 12.4
smash 1.50

m5 was very consistent, but the spin was too low to keep it in the air. it's hot af obviously, and in the right hands i can't imagine a fairway wood that will perform better. i know the prices are bonkers on these, but this is a case where to me, performance is about as close as you can get to justifying that kind of cost.

Wow that's some awesome m5 distances

i dunno whats going on but when trying to upload pics it keeps giving me an error message.. guess ill try tomorrow from my work computer

Wow that's some awesome m5 distances

i want to test the m5 5w against the m6. but with me needing helping with launch, i think m6 makes more sense in a club that will be almost exclusively off the deck. but dayum the m5 is fast!

i want to test the m5 5w against the m6. but with me needing helping with launch, i think m6 makes more sense in a club that will be almost exclusively off the deck. but dayum the m5 is fast!

M5 is fuuuuuun off the deck.

ill just leave a teaser here for now til i can figure out how to upload tomorrow....10 shots each off the deck, hit one with f85 287 yards ...

ill just leave a teaser here for now til i can figure out how to upload tomorrow....10 shots each off the deck, hit one with f85 287 yards ...
Holy crap off the deck that's crazy

Holy crap off the deck that's crazy

crazy low spin with that club but hits bombs. That one in particular was 149 ball speed

Since this is the m5/m6 thread ill say i prefer that m6 over that srixon f85 but hopefully can post all numbers tomorrow to explain

i posted my trackman numbers from the m6 3w above, for comparison i'll put the m5 3w numbers here too. both with atmos red 7s.

m6
chs 95.6
ball speed 143.2
spin 2,387
carry 226.8
total 256.4
launch 11.4
smash 1.50

m5
chs 95.9
ball speed 144.1
spin 2,155
carry 231.8
total 262.4
launch 12.4
smash 1.50

m5 was very consistent, but the spin was too low to keep it in the air. it's hot af obviously, and in the right hands i can't imagine a fairway wood that will perform better. i know the prices are bonkers on these, but this is a case where to me, performance is about as close as you can get to justifying that kind of cost.

1.50 across the board with both heads? Is that a set thing or were you absolutely nutting everything?

1.50 across the board with both heads? Is that a set thing or were you absolutely nutting everything?

not set. plenty of poopy smash was recorded that day. lowest smash with m6 was 1.48, two at 1.51! all of the m5 were 1.50. small sample size of 3, but 3-for-3 says something imho. if i could get a little more spin and launch, m5 would be FILTHY.

not set. plenty of poopy smash was recorded that day. lowest smash with m6 was 1.48, two at 1.51! all of the m5 were 1.50. small sample size of 3, but 3-for-3 says something imho. if i could get a little more spin and launch, m5 would be FILTHY.

If you're nutting it like that, add the damn 5w and let's celebrate the perfect fit!

If you're nutting it like that, add the damn 5w and let's celebrate the perfect fit!

not sure which one to go with though

While I think the M5 and M6 are way better than the M3 & m4, they still don’t measure up to others in their class. The hit was muted but the launch was good. They just seemed to lack snap crackle POP. The look is solid, I just feel something was left on the table.

While I think the M5 and M6 are way better than the M3 & m4, they still don’t measure up to others in their class. The hit was muted but the launch was good. They just seemed to lack snap crackle POP. The look is solid, I just feel something was left on the table.

The fairway or the driver?

image2.pdf

image1.pdf

image3.pdf

Hopefully those pics work. Whatever reason it won't let me add a file whenever I try to upload either a .pdf and .jpeg

Edited this post to say I can't post pics...Can someone help with this? Ive loaded pics before and dont know what the problem is. It wont let me upload files so I tried the insert image tab that makes you paste a URL and that doesn't show anything either

F85
Ballspeed: 140.1
Launch: 13.2
Backspin: 2277
Peak Height: 26
Carry: 237
Total: 268

M6:
Ballspeed: 142.0
Launch: 12.6
Backspin: 2973
Peak Height: 29
Carry: 239
Total: 266

I hit 10 balls with each and did not remove anything. Although the m6 had an initial lower launch, it had a higher peak height due to backspin and was much more consistent distance wise. The Srixon was a little harder to control and the backspin was quite low due to some low hooks. They weren't bad shots or pull hooks by any mean, struck pretty well and came out fast with low spin. I had 2 pretty bad strikes with the m6 that really killed the averages but the m6 is much more accurate. 5 of the 10 shots had 245 yds carry and between 273 - 279 yards. If it wasnt for 2 shots that only carried 222 yards with almost 4000 spin then the numbers would be perfect!

The f85 is accurate for me but wasnt as consistent as the m6 ( could be due to the shaft. The GD shaft in the Srixon has a softer tip that caused me to hit more right to left than normal resulting in 5 shots with below 2000 spin). I did have 2 bombs with the f85 that went over 280 yards! The max had 149 mph ball speed with 287 total. Overall definitely a great club and id gladly put it against any 3w on the market

Hoping the pics upload so you guys can see every shot from a better perspective cuz average numbers dont do it justice. The m6 was much more consistent across the board and I knew what to expect from each shot. Were all gonna have bad swings and strikes, but quite simply if I removed 1 shot from the m6 it would blow the f85 away. And of course it was the very first shot with the m6 that was a banana slice spinning 3900 killing the distance and dispersion

Those are some pretty solid numbers, talk about low spin wowza.

You all are making me want to hit the 6 now.

I’m not gonna though because the 5 is amazeballs.

Those are some pretty solid numbers, talk about low spin wowza.

You all are making me want to hit the 6 now.

I’m not gonna though because the 5 is amazeballs.

Thanks. When I tried the m5 it wasnt as accurate for me as the 6 but that was with both stock offered shafts. I love the m6 and wont be looking for a long time!!

Actually breaks my heart cuz I loved the f85 and thought it was untouchable

Thanks. When I tried the m5 it wasnt as accurate for me as the 6 but that was with both stock offered shafts. I love the m6 and wont be looking for a long time!!

How you feel about the 6 is how I’m feeling about the 5. Better numbers for me than my TEE’s the other day, as well as my Rogues and F85, which I didn’t expect.

That F85 spin is bonkers.

Back