2019 PING G410 Drivers

That's the fairway. I literally put the shaft from my XR16 into the Epic Flash a few days back. And the change of adapters allowed them to go back to adjustability from a bonded setup.

That's fine. People were giving Ping grief for having 2 different adapters in clubs being sold at the same time, even though they weren't in the same line or released the same year.

I'm saying that is a ridiculous thing to single Ping out for when other mfgs have done, are doing, and will continue to do it in the future.

Callaway is using 2 different adapters in the same line this year.

I get that you were in the 2018 Grandaddy and can't let anything even remotely negative be said about Callaway, but I really can't get why we are still talking about this on page 14 of this thread.

I get that you were in the 2018 Grandaddy and can't let anything even remotely negative be said about Callaway, but I really can't get why we are still talking about this on page 14 of this thread.

That is ridiculous and not what we are about on THP.
And it certainly wasn't a Grandaddy participant that brought up Callaway in this thread.
We host events with tons of companies including PING just a few months ago.

That's fine. People were giving Ping grief for having 2 different adapters in clubs being sold at the same time, even though they weren't in the same line or released the same year.

I'm saying that is a ridiculous thing to single Ping out for when other mfgs have done, are doing, and will continue to do it in the future.

Callaway is using 2 different adapters in the same line this year.

Honestly, if you want to disagree, fine - I think it's a different scenario and you're comparing apples to oranges, and frankly I don't even care about PING's decision. If they think the adapter change makes for a better product, I'm for them doing it. But I take serious issue with your last statement, and I think if you look at my post history, I've got a right to be insulted.

And in fact, I think the performance of the G400 is probably the biggest hurdle for this driver. The 400/Max performed so well, another $100-200 makes this a tougher sell if you don't need the additional adjustability and one of the stock shafts work for you.

Honestly, if you want to disagree, fine - I think it's a different scenario and you're comparing apples to oranges, and frankly I don't even care about PING's decision. If they think the adapter change makes for a better product, I'm for them doing it. But I take serious issue with your last statement, and I think if you look at my post history, I've got a right to be insulted.

And in fact, I think the performance of the G400 is probably the biggest hurdle for this driver. The 400/Max performed so well, another $100-200 makes this a tougher sell if you don't need the additional adjustability and one of the stock shafts work for you.

How is not being able to use a 2017 Rogue or 2016 Epic 3 wood shaft in a 2019 Epic Flash 3 wood when both the rogue and epic flash are currently for sale different than not being able to put a 2018 G400 driver shaft in a 2019 G410 when both are currently for sale?

How is not being able to use a 2017 Rogue or 2016 Epic 3 wood shaft in a 2019 Epic Flash 3 wood when both the rogue and epic flash are currently for sale different than not being able to put a 2018 G400 driver shaft in a 2019 G410 when both are currently for sale?

because one is a fairway wood, and the other is a driver? and because the golf nerds who have a bunch of shafts tipped and ready for testing are far more likely to have that for their driver than their fairway woods.

because one is a fairway wood, and the other is a driver? and because the golf nerds who have a bunch of shafts tipped and ready for testing are far more likely to have that for their driver than their fairway woods.

So it's the same? Got it.

If y'all want to keep discussing this, go for it, but I am going to try to keep my future posts in this thread about the G410.

Cheers.

So it's the same? Got it.

If y'all want to keep discussing this, go for it, but I am going to try to keep my future posts in this thread about the G410.

Cheers.

i would love to talk about the g410. i'll ignore the rest.

i see you have the max. i do too. i love mine in the short time i've had with it, and would consider it the second best driver i've ever gamed in the 20 years i've been playing this game. that said, i will probably test the g410 to see if i can squeak out those extra yards i've been longing from the max while maintaining its excellent consistency. do you plan on hitting the 410? what would make you switch?

i would love to talk about the g410. i'll ignore the rest.

i see you have the max. i do too. i love mine in the short time i've had with it, and would consider it the second best driver i've ever gamed in the 20 years i've been playing this game. that said, i will probably test the g410 to see if i can squeak out those extra yards i've been longing from the max while maintaining its excellent consistency. do you plan on hitting the 410? what would make you switch?

The movable weight is interesting, but I wouldn't buy this club unless I find more fairways with it than the G400 Max. Same reason I switched from the Rapture V2 to the GBB, from the GBB to the Epic, from the Epic to the G400, and from the G400 to the G400 Max.

Would really like to see an MOI comparison vs the Max, and frankly that we haven't speaks volumes, IMO.

I will definitely try the G410 when demos are available (although I dont want to get burned again with a G410 Max coming out a couple of months later like with the 400). I still need to hit the Epic Flash and F9, too.

I tried the Epic Flash 3W, but didn't find it any more forgiving than my original Epic.

If G400 Max is your 2nd best gamer, what gets the top spot?

The movable weight is interesting, but I wouldn't buy this club unless I find more fairways with it than the G400 Max. Same reason I switched from the Rapture V2 to the GBB, from the GBB to the Epic, from the Epic to the G400, and from the G400 to the G400 Max.

Would really like to see an MOI comparison vs the Max, and frankly that we haven't speaks volumes, IMO.

I will definitely try the G410 when demos are available (although I dont want to get burned again with a G410 Max coming out a couple of months later like with the 400). I still need to hit the Epic Flash and F9, too.

I tried the Epic Flash 3W, but didn't find it any more forgiving than my original Epic.

If G400 Max is your 2nd best gamer, what gets the top spot?

the moi thing is interesting. i feel like @jb and others have mentioned that it’s not as relevant of a number, but i probably just misunderstood.

flash sz was great for me when i tested in the big box store. but i need to hit it outdoors in a fitting. f9 was incredible, and is in my top spot for the 2019 clubs i’ve tested.

first place goes to bridgestone j815. i still have it, and will probably buy a shaft for it soon. it’s my unicorn. i don’t have anything to back this up, but i think it and my max have similar designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2019 PING G410 Drivers

I’d love to try a TPT in the new 410!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2019 PING G410 Drivers

I still think that these options are light as stock options compared to the rest of the industry at the price point they are now hitting. Kudos for adding more, but I do think Ping is trailing others in stock options.

I can't argue with that.
I went over to TGW.com and did some research. Cally and Titleist have the most no upcharge options for sure. TM and Cobra are not too far behind.
For the super duper high end shafts like a GD Tour AD, the upcharge and final price were comparable across oem's.

8376d752481936542d30ea2e843bf15d.jpg

e87149d516c9a3617af1e48a6b3e4e92.jpg

This is great, erock. Thank you for putting this together.

Shafts, since I seem to be the one on the con side of Ping not offering enough options, especially in the 50-58g range.

Look, don't get me wrong, I luv my Ping G400 heads, and almost bought a set of i210s, I use Ping Stealth Wedges. But when I think they're lacking, I feel the need to point it out because I'd like to keep purchasing their product.

Found an Alta CB 55 in the dark shadows of my golf closet - gonna' try it out and see if I misjudged it 1.5 yrs later. It was hiding from me, as well it should. It's gonna' get spanked.

I'm another person who has struggled with the previous versions of the Alta CB 55. In my hands, the shaft has had some "pop" but it's been pretty wild as well. Just something about the balance and flex profile hasn't been quite right for me. Maybe it's the counterbalancing. The new Alta CB Red 55 is supposed to be even more counterbalanced, with an 8 gram weight added to the grip end of the shaft. I have no idea whether that will help or hurt its performance with my swing.

Have you ever tried the Tensei Orange (non-Pro) shaft in the R flex? Ping's trajectory/flex chart shows the R-flex versions of the Tensei Orange 60 and the Alta CB Red 55 to be similar in flex, with the Tensei producing an only slightly lower launch and being only a few grams heavier. I'm always on the lookout for Ping shaft offerings that are moderately light (roughly 58-63 gr.), easy to hit, and easy to hit straight. The search continues!

This is great, erock. Thank you for putting this together.

No problem. Just wanted to mention that each oem had more upcharge options. I didn’t list them all out.

Club Champion said demos are expected to ship between 2/2 and 2/12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched a video review of the 410+ vs the G400 lst and seeing the results (and hearing the improved sound) has me excited to try this line out at some point.

At least Gary Woodland’s headcover colors match his driver.

bc1036a27271f2b11fdcbb1e8dfec27b.jpg

For those that like to tinker, OEM weights are up on Golfworks (10, 12, 14 and 16g) available.

Also the new adapter is listed.

I believe both are available early April.

At least Gary Woodland’s headcover colors match his driver.

bc1036a27271f2b11fdcbb1e8dfec27b.jpg

Wow, missed this. This is interesting to say the least....

Still a bummer for Wilson though.

Not to derail the Ping thread but I thought for sure some of the Wilson Pros would have adopted the Cortex.
I thought I read not one of them is playing it.

Anybody's local shop have demos in of these yet?

Anybody's local shop have demos in of these yet?

Nope. Club Champion told me ping was shipping their demos between 2/2 and 2/12.

Golf Galaxy told me the demos would coincide with the release date.

Back