Arccos 360 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Review of the Arccos 360 is now up on the THP Home Page and Mobile App.

Performance analytics and shot tracking is a segment of golf technology that has been growing at a feverish pace, and Arccos has been one of the brands at the forefront. We are seeing from them a continual push to not only improve the apps used to record data, but consistently seeking to streamline the sensor designs as well as the tracking process as a whole. THP has reviewed past releases from Arccos so it only made sense for that to continue when their new “360” version was recently released. (read on after the jump)

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/arccos-360-review/

Great review by James and while this looks very nice , having to have your phone in your pocket is not good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review by James and while this looks very nice , having to have your phone in your pocket is not good for me.

The original system where the phone could be in the back pocket was just about workable, however the new design with it having to be in the front pocket is for me a deal breaker.

Also when you read around too many people are reporting the problem of missed shots.

Shame as the backend really is the best in class and should only get better with the new course strategy stuff coming out in May.

I too agree with this and the missed shots when wearing thicker layers is just too much to make it unrealistic as an option for me

Shame, as it certainly sounds like a good system, but not at this point in time

I was surprised this wouldn't work at the driving range. Other than that it seems like a great inexpensive product.

Great job James. One thing I love about THP reviews is they are honest, they aren't fluff pieces. The smaller sensors are great as I always thought the original ones were big and clunky. However, while the system provides a plethora of information there are clearly problems with this version and I for one would not purchase it.

Great job James. One thing I love about THP reviews is they are honest, they aren't fluff pieces. The smaller sensors are great as I always thought the original ones were big and clunky. However, while the system provides a plethora of information there are clearly problems with this version and I for one would not purchase it.
I really appreciate this post dude. A lot.

Like I mentioned in the review there are several things that could be going on to cause the issues I saw. There are MANY who saw few to no hiccups at all but I can only write on my experience. One of the big possibilities is the accelerometers in my phone, it's been put through the wringer the last couple years and there have been legitimate cases of that causing read errors like I saw. Unfortunately I can't afford to just go grab a new phone for review. When that time comes though I plan on trying the units again to see performance improvement possibly. Plus, we KNOW that Arccos will continue to tweak their products.

I really appreciate this post dude. A lot.

Like I mentioned in the review there are several things that could be going on to cause the issues I saw. There are MANY who saw few to no hiccups at all but I can only write on my experience. One of the big possibilities is the accelerometers in my phone, it's been put through the wringer the last couple years and there have been legitimate cases of that causing read errors like I saw. Unfortunately I can't afford to just go grab a new phone for review. When that time comes though I plan on trying the units again to see performance improvement possibly. Plus, we KNOW that Arccos will continue to tweak their products.

The problem I have with this product is relying on the tech in your phone to provide accurate information to the sensor. Everyone has different phones and there is likely no consistency. I would think there has to be a better way to make these more reliable.

First of all, thanks for the honest review JMan. It's really appreciated. Quick question - what was your experience with shot tracking on bunker shots? Did the device discern impact appropriately?

The problem I have with this product is relying on the tech in your phone to provide accurate information to the sensor. Everyone has different phones and there is likely no consistency. I would think there has to be a better way to make these more reliable.

I agree so strongly with this. For me, having the phone in the front pocket isn't an issue during the swing, but I have a problem with the unit being so dependent on the phone. I'd much prefer a separate, small device that could house the GPS and accelerometer, along with listening for impact. That device could pair with your phone without being so reliant.

First of all, thanks for the honest review JMan. It's really appreciated. Quick question - what was your experience with shot tracking on bunker shots? Did the device discern impact appropriately?

I agree so strongly with this. For me, having the phone in the front pocket isn't an issue during the swing, but I have a problem with the unit being so dependent on the phone. I'd much prefer a separate, small device that could house the GPS and accelerometer, along with listening for impact. That device could pair with your phone without being so reliant.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. That way everything would record the same and provide more consistent data in theory. Lets take our idea to Arccos haha.

Good initial review. Based on the information provided and what can be found on the website it appears to using a stroke gained approach to stat tracking. Aside from the ability to capture the distance and club hit automatically how does this compare to other strokes gained apps? Should provide the same results but just require more manual input. This manual input could be done as you move from shot to shot.

I do basic stat keeping on the grint app and that doesn't take much time and doesn't interfere with pace of play.

Perhaps a compare and contrast follow up could be done with other apps and the arccos device

Just read the review. It seems that every tracking system has some sort of deal breaker. I don't want my phone in my pocket at all on the course (it's one place where I try to break free from technology).

Great review, btw.

A lot of great information with this review. It seems like this version was updated based on user feedback, but requiring that phone in the front pocket is a deal breaker. At this price point you would think the phone proximity issue would be a little more flexible.

Nice review. I look forward to trying this out. I have tried the ping app with my smart watch but it's just not for me

I have the Arccos Driver and used it for the first time last weekend. I use my phone hooked to a speaker in my bag for music. I unhooked and put it in my pocket when I teed off on one. After hitting, I put it back in my bag and put the music back on. Then got to two and did the same thing. When I got to three, three isn't a driver hole so I looked at my stats for one and two and it showed one that I drove the green lol Which I didn't but it shows my approach shot on the green but its from the tee box? And my second hole the line was at the tee box on three?

I can say I didn't take to much time to look at the app other than getting it ready to hit. After 3 I took the sensor off and forgot about it.

Im not a big fan of having to have my phone in my pocket the entire time.

Well done James, Arccos has been on my radar for a while since you don't have to wear an additional device on you to use, I think I may need to finally pull the trigger!

Great review James, pretty perfectly summed up my thoughts on the Arccos 360.

My opinions on some of the issues people have concerns over particularly of using your phone as the main interface for the system (you can access data on a computer and it is excellent).

Pros: - you don't have another device to worry about losing/misplacing or keeping charged/in your golf bag.
- you can get real time data during a round, and the app is fantastic for yardage and hole layout, this is a big pro to me
- no uploading/downloading data post round, it is already uploaded to the server

Cons: - having to keep your phone on you, not a big deal for me, but as phones get bigger and for many people I can see this being a deal breaker
- battery drain, at minimum it is going to use up 40% (in my experience) of your phones battery and I have had it clean out upwards of 70% (when I was using it a lot during a round for distances/layouts)
- if your phone has been used (as many of ours have) and has any issues it can impact how this system functions. switching from an old phone that I had abused to a new phone has eliminated the issues I saw, but how long until I beat up my new phone?

Last edited:
Nice review, Jman. I don't mind having my phone in my pocket during a round so that would not be an issue for me. It's an interesting device and one I'm becoming more and more interested in. I'm actually surprised by how many people are bothered by having their phone in their pocket.

Hopefully not too off topic, but how has the device helped your improve your game or pointed out areas where you could improve (if there has been any)?

Having an iPhone plus in my pocket for the whole round is a no-go for me and no I won't buy a smaller phone! Hopefully they come out with a way in the future to keep your phone in your bag and still allow tracking.

Having an iPhone plus in my pocket for the whole round is a no-go for me and no I won't buy a smaller phone! Hopefully they come out with a way in the future to keep your phone in your bag and still allow tracking.

They are doing some testing for a small device that would act as go between... not sure when it might come out but I have received some surveys about a device that would be about the size of a thumb drive.

Thanks for the great review, as always, Jman.

Seems like a nice little system and I love the idea of tracking stats like this, but you can count me among those for whom the "phone in the pocket" part of this is a deal breaker.

I've got 5 rounds on my app now. There really is no issue keeping the phone in my front pocket other than there is less room for the extra ball I usually carry. For first four rounds the unit has worked reasonably well only missing 5 or 6 shots in 18 holes. The last round it missed 20 shots, not sure what happened. I'm going to play twice this weekend so we'll see...

Thanks for reading everyone, always appreciated.

This was a really good review! I would totally get one of these except for the battery issues on both the phone and sensors

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Really think this golf pad link will be a better product when it ships in a couple months..
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...omatic-golf-game-tracking-done-ri/description

Their current app already uses strokes gained and virtually all the same data, (which you can download and try out). It's really nice. It will have a more accurate gps than game golf or your phone with Arccos because it uses GPS and GLONASS sattelites at the same time. It's smaller and better than game golf in about every way plus better watch features and usage.

Arccos 360 has too many issues. Constant missed shots depending on pants, dead phone battery, NON replaceable by you batteries, after two years battery replacements will cost you more than the entire system new, phone in front pocket hassles... I want to like it but there is too many issues currently. The non 360 version is a better option due to non replaceable batteries and phone connectivity/drainage issues, and it's cheaper.

I asked them about cost when your 14 batteries start to fail...
"Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. We do sell extra sensors both regular and putter. Each Arccos sensor is $20.00, including, tax + shipping/handling through USPS 2 day. This includes after the two-year life guarantee."

Last edited:
Back