Arccos 360 Review

Weird. I seem to rely on Arccos since the 2018 MC. I think it’s great tech and really dig it. I haven’t had any noticeable distance issues. I still use a rangefinder to check distance to pin and the +\- is within a few yards depending on where pin is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’ve logged a fair bit of rounds. this was the only time it struggled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

curious if anyone here has actually improved their score/lowered their handicap like arccos claims...im not complaining cuz I think Arccos is a great tool for reference and ive found the gps is very reliable and I dont need an actual rangefinder... at least one of my playing partners always has a Bushnell anyways and were generally within 2 yards of accuracy

where im going with this in terms of the "improving scores" part is how off my club yardages are.. Now this is mainly my fault for tracking distances living in Chicago and playing in march, April, may when its cold and always windy!!! From years of playing, fittings, and simulator time in the winter I know my avg driver is 265+ carry and 285+ total. 7 iron 170 carry 175 total
I just erased my data 2 weeks ago now that its nice, but for the past 4 months my avg drive is 252 and 7 iron distance is 153. Now I know those are off cuz of the first 3+ months of conditions I played in, but through June on an 80 degree no wind day and im 150 yards out my arccos recommends me to use 7i but I know thats a smooth 9i for me.

Again im not blaming Arccos b/c technically what it recorded was accurate yardage wise based on conditions I played in...what im saying is I cant say its helped improve my scores

I think its best utilized in the Midwest for June, July, August golf to get true yardage numbers.. That way during the crappy, cold, windy days come back you get a better feeling of how much to club up or down

So back to the original point, has anyone felt this has truly helped improved their scores??

curious if anyone here has actually improved their score/lowered their handicap like arccos claims...im not complaining cuz I think Arccos is a great tool for reference and ive found the gps is very reliable and I dont need an actual rangefinder... at least one of my playing partners always has a Bushnell anyways and were generally within 2 yards of accuracy

where im going with this in terms of the "improving scores" part is how off my club yardages are.. Now this is mainly my fault for tracking distances living in Chicago and playing in march, April, may when its cold and always windy!!! From years of playing, fittings, and simulator time in the winter I know my avg driver is 265+ carry and 285+ total. 7 iron 170 carry 175 total
I just erased my data 2 weeks ago now that its nice, but for the past 4 months my avg drive is 252 and 7 iron distance is 153. Now I know those are off cuz of the first 3+ months of conditions I played in, but through June on an 80 degree no wind day and im 150 yards out my arccos recommends me to use 7i but I know thats a smooth 9i for me.

Again im not blaming Arccos b/c technically what it recorded was accurate yardage wise based on conditions I played in...what im saying is I cant say its helped improve my scores

I think its best utilized in the Midwest for June, July, August golf to get true yardage numbers.. That way during the crappy, cold, windy days come back you get a better feeling of how much to club up or down

So back to the original point, has anyone felt this has truly helped improved their scores??

nope. i know where my deficiencies are. arccos can't tell me WHY i'm bad at chipping and pitching, only THAT i'm bad at chipping and pitching lol

nope. i know where my deficiencies are. arccos can't tell me WHY i'm bad at chipping and pitching, only THAT i'm bad at chipping and pitching lol

HAHAHAHA love that answer!!! yea I think its a bold claim to say it will lower scores..I know where theyre coming from and how it CAN be beneficial

but yes I agree. when I miss a 4ft putt thats not arccos' fault lol

I am not sure Arccos is the sole reason, but my handicap is better than before Arccos. I have done many different things this year that could be affecting my game that it is probably a combo.

For certain, it led me to seek a lesson on irons because my approach game was horrible to start. I was also playing for my absolute best yardage with clubs and was often way short, and Arccos helped me there. I still have bad shots, but I think it helped me to know my yardages and misses better.

Example, I can hit my 7 iron 170 yds, but usually it is closer to 156. I knew my potential 170 number before Arccos but not my average. Also, I started noticing that the average potential was going down on all my irons and my approach irons were missing left, right, and short (I would have told anyone that asked that I missed mostly to the left, but that wasn’t factual). So I took a lesson to focus on iron contact and my right miss with irons is almost gone, my yardages are closer to normal, if not a little longer, and now I can plan more on yardage.

I would classify Arccos as a tool to help identify where to improve. Unless someone has never used any kind of yardage help like laser or gps, I don’t think Arccos can be really be considered a cause and effect tool for game improvement.

For me, the biggest advantage was the GPS function. I never had used a laser or gps for yardage, so my number to carry bunkers or to the hazards were usually off unless the course had a yardage book or gps on the cart or playing partner with them. So it has helped me improve in that regard like any other gps system would have helped.

I am not sure Arccos is the sole reason, but my handicap is better than before Arccos. I have done many different things this year that could be affecting my game that it is probably a combo.

For certain, it led me to seek a lesson on irons because my approach game was horrible to start. I was also playing for my absolute best yardage with clubs and was often way short, and Arccos helped me there. I still have bad shots, but I think it helped me to know my yardages and misses better.

Example, I can hit my 7 iron 170 yds, but usually it is closer to 156. I knew my potential 170 number before Arccos but not my average. Also, I started noticing that the average potential was going down on all my irons and my approach irons were missing left, right, and short (I would have told anyone that asked that I missed mostly to the left, but that wasn’t factual). So I took a lesson to focus on iron contact and my right miss with irons is almost gone, my yardages are closer to normal, if not a little longer, and now I can plan more on yardage.

I would classify Arccos as a tool to help identify where to improve. Unless someone has never used any kind of yardage help like laser or gps, I don’t think Arccos can be really be considered a cause and effect tool for game improvement.

For me, the biggest advantage was the GPS function. I never had used a laser or gps for yardage, so my number to carry bunkers or to the hazards were usually off unless the course had a yardage book or gps on the cart or playing partner with them. So it has helped me improve in that regard like any other gps system would have helped.

Unlike yourself, the analytics from Arccos (like Game Golf before it) seemed to mostly tell me what I already knew about my game. More detail, sure. But the big picture conclusions were no different than my accumulated self-knowledge.

But I think a major difference is I've been carrying and using a laser rangefinder almost as long as they've been available. So I do shoot bunker edges and hole locations and so forth which, given that 95% of my rounds are at my home course, is all I need to know during a round. The Arccos Caddie (as opposed to their analytics) was prone to suggesting me to ridiculously underclub at least a couple times a round. Usually telling me to stretch a 9-iron or 8-iron into distances that were silly.

It was kind of nuts. I know I hit a 6-iron a little over 150 and a 7-iron a bit more than 140. Sure enough the Arccos analytics shows numbers like "143" for 7-iron and "154" for 6-iron. So I'm facing a 149-yard approach on a flat hole with no wind and it tells me my percentage club is 7-iron. Even sometimes when there's a honking great bunker in front of the green. What?

Maybe the Caddie would have become more sensible if I'd accumulated more than 20-something rounds before abandoning Arccos. But I just didn't see much value in it for my game.

Get yourself a laser. Something like Arccos Caddie, even in situations where you're allowed to use all the information, is still no replacement for lasering exact hole locations.

It really depends on where you need improvement. If course management and not knowing club yardages is a real issue, then I could see by following Arccos recommendations/yardages it could impact your scores quickly. For me it is mostly like lessons, you can find out where you need work, but if you don't put in the practice to improve, you won't. But even then, improvement can be a slow grind or huge jumps can be made.

It really depends on where you need improvement. If course management and not knowing club yardages is a real issue, then I could see by following Arccos recommendations/yardages it could impact your scores quickly. For me it is mostly like lessons, you can find out where you need work, but if you don't put in the practice to improve, you won't. But even then, improvement can be a slow grind or huge jumps can be made.

I've made a belated "discovery" that your point applies to all my attempts at analyzing or tracking my game. Right down to keeping single scorecard markings of putts taken, greens hit or miss, driving distances, etc. The stuff I "analyze" tells me the same things year after year, any changes over time are trivial in the big picture.

My scores almost entirely come down to execution. Bad putting is a matter of setup, aim, green reading and mental focus. Short game is a matter of (somehow) getting past my chipping yip and also re-discovering how to get out of bunkers in one try reliably. Driver game is about eliminating the shots that aren't within 40 yards of where I'm aiming. And approach game is very solid (for a 17 hcp) except for the four or five duffed or bladed or pull-hooked disaster iron shot each round.

Being able to quantify how many tenths of a stroke that chunked chip shot cost or how many Strokes Gained were lost from missed 4-footers doesn't tell me how to put or chip better. And I know exactly how bad a 7-iron pull-hooked 30 yards into the woods is, without any analytics. In the end, the analytics were turning into just another way to beat myself up about problems that are already frustrating me on the course.

Arccos 360 Review

Unlike yourself, the analytics from Arccos (like Game Golf before it) seemed to mostly tell me what I already knew about my game. More detail, sure. But the big picture conclusions were no different than my accumulated self-knowledge.

But I think a major difference is I've been carrying and using a laser rangefinder almost as long as they've been available. So I do shoot bunker edges and hole locations and so forth which, given that 95% of my rounds are at my home course, is all I need to know during a round. The Arccos Caddie (as opposed to their analytics) was prone to suggesting me to ridiculously underclub at least a couple times a round. Usually telling me to stretch a 9-iron or 8-iron into distances that were silly.

It was kind of nuts. I know I hit a 6-iron a little over 150 and a 7-iron a bit more than 140. Sure enough the Arccos analytics shows numbers like "143" for 7-iron and "154" for 6-iron. So I'm facing a 149-yard approach on a flat hole with no wind and it tells me my percentage club is 7-iron. Even sometimes when there's a honking great bunker in front of the green. What?

Maybe the Caddie would have become more sensible if I'd accumulated more than 20-something rounds before abandoning Arccos. But I just didn't see much value in it for my game.

Get yourself a laser. Something like Arccos Caddie, even in situations where you're allowed to use all the information, is still no replacement for lasering exact hole locations.

I don’t use the caddie function. My caddie is an idiot. I use the gps function for yardages and the system does a great job telling me how far I actually hit my clubs. I used to be prone to overestimating how far I hit things like many others do.

I found it very useful when I went to Albuquerque a few weeks ago. I hit a great 7 iron and then could see exactly how far it went easily. I adjusted quickly to the elevation with the help of Arccos.

I am not saying the system is better than this or that. I like the stats it provides without me working to keep the stats. I like the gps function. I like that, in a way, it has motivated me to play better.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed a large discrepancy between their Arccos handicap, and their actual handicap?

I have 45 rounds in so far this summer (most of the 9 hole variety), and there's almost a 2 shot difference.

I'm finding the stat breakdowns incredibly helpful. I'm just curious why something as simple as an overall handicap would have that much variance.

Arccos 360 Review

Has anyone else noticed a large discrepancy between their Arccos handicap, and their actual handicap?

I have 45 rounds in so far this summer (most of the 9 hole variety), and there's almost a 2 shot difference.

I'm finding the stat breakdowns incredibly helpful. I'm just curious why something as simple as an overall handicap would have that much variance.

My actual cap (unofficial tracker) is 11.3 and arccos is 9.2. But if I understand correctly, they really aren’t judging the same thing. Arccos only looks at strokes to gain and at the last 10 rounds and doesn’t care about your score. Handicap is looking at adjusted scores and your best 10 out of last 20 and doesn’t care if you have a 30+ handicap in “driving.”

I always thought my arccos handicap should be higher than my actual and I have no idea how it comes up with 9.2 when I see my numbers.
1721847e4b4f096e17126fb34195656e.jpg

Last edited:

mine is currently right at 2 strokes different, lower in Arccos than my official index, but when I look at the home page it shows "last 10 rounds" where as my GHIN is using the lowest 10 of the last 20.... so not sure if there is a difference in how it is calculated.

I always assumed mine was lower because whenever I go play a bunch of rounds in a weekend I never go back and add penalty strokes or missed putts that occur and I might have a few rounds that are 1-2 lower than what I actually shot/post.

mine is currently right at 2 strokes different, lower in Arccos than my official index, but when I look at the home page it shows "last 10 rounds" where as my GHIN is using the lowest 10 of the last 20.... so not sure if there is a difference in how it is calculated.

I always assumed mine was lower because whenever I go play a bunch of rounds in a weekend I never go back and add penalty strokes or missed putts that occur and I might have a few rounds that are 1-2 lower than what I actually shot/post.

I always thought my arccos would be higher because with the handicap and ESC, I am posting a handicap score a round here and there that is lower than my arccos score. I just think arccos doesn’t pay too much attention to score.

I always thought my arccos would be higher because with the handicap and ESC, I am posting a handicap score a round here and there that is lower than my arccos score. I just think arccos doesn’t pay too much attention to score.

it definitely could be if you make sure that your arccos scores are accurate. For me personally I know that in my experience more shots/putts/penalty strokes are missed in rounds than scores I put up that are over my ESC. But that is going to be player dependent.

I have a roughly 2 stroke difference between the GHIN and Arccos handicaps but I’m not the best at correcting every penalty stroke if I don’t correct it that same day. I’d assume that has a lot to do with it.

You can also change the Arccos settings to see whatever rounds (or time period) you’re interested in (including all rounds).

When I used Arccos I used it for every round, including solo rounds that I did not post. It's no great trick to be a couple strokes better playing by yourself with nothing on the line than when competing. Be sure you compare apples to apples in terms of rounds used when comparing Arccos handicap to GHIN.

When I used Arccos I used it for every round, including solo rounds that I did not post. It's no great trick to be a couple strokes better playing by yourself with nothing on the line than when competing. Be sure you compare apples to apples in terms of rounds used when comparing Arccos handicap to GHIN.

Oh this is true too... I had it on during a couple of rounds when we played shamble and most recently where we played 9 holes of scramble and 9 holes of chapman. Don't think I made those private or deleted them but that would definitely deflate my index.

Oh this is true too... I had it on during a couple of rounds when we played shamble and most recently where we played 9 holes of scramble and 9 holes of chapman. Don't think I made those private or deleted them but that would definitely deflate my index.

It's been a while but I think "don't use this round in stats" is a separate option from "private". Pretty sure I used that option to tell it just not to include rounds that were nowhere near playing it down and putting it out.

It's been a while but I think "don't use this round in stats" is a separate option from "private". Pretty sure I used that option to tell it just not to include rounds that were nowhere near playing it down and putting it out.

I am sure it is there, but I have never done that either.

New here, so if this has already been answered, my apologies. I didn't have the time (or concentration) to page back thru 40 pages of posts!!!

I want to get the Arccos Caddie sensors, mainly for the distance tracking. I have two concerns/questions:

1) I play a scramble league every Monday. If I hit my drive and (gasp) someone else's is better, how do I track that particular shot of mine if we use someone else's? Is there a way to account for that? Can you "shut off" the shot tracking and only use the club selector?

2) I struggle with what I like to call "lack of consistency" occasionally. So if I chunk a few shots here or there, does it treat those as outliers and not factor them in to the averages? Also, I like to go with 3/4 wedge shots and bump-n-run when I can... does it use an accelerometer or anything like the Zepp to sense when I'm not swinging the club 100%? Then if I'm 75 out and have a ton of green to work with, will it suggest the 9i or PW to hit those low pitch shots?

Thanks, all!!! Look forward to being a part of the THP community!!!

New here, so if this has already been answered, my apologies. I didn't have the time (or concentration) to page back thru 40 pages of posts!!!

I want to get the Arccos Caddie sensors, mainly for the distance tracking. I have two concerns/questions:

1) I play a scramble league every Monday. If I hit my drive and (gasp) someone else's is better, how do I track that particular shot of mine if we use someone else's? Is there a way to account for that? Can you "shut off" the shot tracking and only use the club selector?

2) I struggle with what I like to call "lack of consistency" occasionally. So if I chunk a few shots here or there, does it treat those as outliers and not factor them in to the averages? Also, I like to go with 3/4 wedge shots and bump-n-run when I can... does it use an accelerometer or anything like the Zepp to sense when I'm not swinging the club 100%? Then if I'm 75 out and have a ton of green to work with, will it suggest the 9i or PW to hit those low pitch shots?

No and No. It has a tournament mode but that just disables certain features..

As it gets more data it will eliminate the anomalies. I really like Arccos though I'm a little disappointed they didn't get the sensor dohickey ready in time like they promised.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're not more or less playing actual golf it's going to be of very limited usefulness. You can't mix in a bunch of other people's shots and still have it know about your game.

i got an email this morning that my arccos subscription expired. funny enough, for the first time since i started using the system, i took every screw in sensor out of my clubs for my round on saturday.

arccos has been a royal pain in the a$$ for me lately. i think it all stems from the superstroke grip i have on my putter and not having a sensor. it's making edits a huge pain, and just not worth my time anymore.

i do like the caddie and the hole previews. but i'm going to forego the system for the time being and see whether i find myself missing it.

McLovin;n8874373 said:
i got an email this morning that my arccos subscription expired. funny enough, for the first time since i started using the system, i took every screw in sensor out of my clubs for my round on saturday.

arccos has been a royal pain in the a$$ for me lately. i think it all stems from the superstroke grip i have on my putter and not having a sensor. it's making edits a huge pain, and just not worth my time anymore.

i do like the caddie and the hole previews. but i'm going to forego the system for the time being and see whether i find myself missing it.

I took the screw out of my putter a few weeks ago. That sensor is probably my least favorite thing about the system, I really wish they could come up with another idea for that one. Also since reshafting my irons I don't have the sensors anymore either. I kind of miss all the info to be honest but until the Link comes out and I can play music and use Arccos I'm not going to worry about it.

Back