Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

That may have been somebody else for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it was @phillygolfguy last May at Ledgerock.

So last year @ferndog was gracious to setup a group outing at his home course. However, I know a few THPers didn’t get to play, like myself (still kicking myself for not sucking it up with the rain) due to the poor weather.

I was wonder if anyone would like to try again at any course you all like?

Ravens Claw and Bella Vista are both nice courses in my area. Public so easy to setup tee times.

What do you think?

I’d be game. Either one works for me.

So, picking a date is probably the most important part of setting up a local outing. With summer, I am sure vacations are all around for people.

Would everyone like a July 13/14, 20/21 or 27/28 set of dates work? I think Saturday is probably better, but if most prefer Sunday I am available for either.

Let me know what dates work and I will start setting something up. I will donate a cool prize from the Odyssey Experience for someone that day.

I'm interested but cant do July 20th weekend. Did you take a look at Turtle Creek by a chance? Its public and one of the best kept courses in the area

I'm interested but cant do July 20th weekend. Did you take a look at Turtle Creek by a chance? Its public and one of the best kept courses in the area

When is the last time you played at Turtle? Last time I played there with my boys they were not up to par.

So, picking a date is probably the most important part of setting up a local outing. With summer, I am sure vacations are all around for people.

Would everyone like a July 13/14, 20/21 or 27/28 set of dates work? I think Saturday is probably better, but if most prefer Sunday I am available for either.

Let me know what dates work and I will start setting something up. I will donate a cool prize from the Odyssey Experience for someone that day.

Sundays work better for me. Also earlier the better, time wise.
I could make almost any weekend work.

I’d be thrilled to join. Not at Turtle Creek however. Place is a disaster.

Ravens Claw would be good and those dates look good. Glen Mills is a blast for those who haven’t played it before.

I’d be thrilled to join. Not at Turtle Creek however. Place is a disaster.

Ravens Claw would be good and those dates look good. Glen Mills is a blast for those who haven’t played it before.

Never played at Glenn Mills. I have to try that one. Always looking for places to play.

When is the last time you played at Turtle? Last time I played there with my boys they were not up to par.

Its been years to be honest. Glen Mills above is probably my favorite course I've played though

So, trying to narrow this down for anyone in the area to play.

How does Sunday July 28th work? Depending on how many people maybe get two tee times. Thinking 9ish

Damn I have my uncle's 60th the 28th @ 3, and entire weekend before is shot for me

I'll see if I can manage something, especially if it could be an early morning round

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

28th works for me, location dependent.

You guys can count me in for the 28th.

And I suddenly have a 3 day weekend to myself. If anyone is wanting to get out Friday or Saturday, let me know.

I prefer Glenn Mills or Broad Run. Both are challenging and a flat lie is tough to find but the layouts are great. Broad Run is a lot longer and has an awesome mountain top par 3 where the green is down below. Glenn mills is shorter but makes you really have to think about every shot. The tree line is spectacular and it's actually the only time I have ever seen albino deer lol.

I prefer Glenn Mills or Broad Run. Both are challenging and a flat lie is tough to find but the layouts are great. Broad Run is a lot longer and has an awesome mountain top par 3 where the green is down below. Glenn mills is shorter but makes you really have to think about every shot. The tree line is spectacular and it's actually the only time I have ever seen albino deer lol.

Just looked at pictures of both Glen Mills and Broad Run. Very picturesque.

I played Turtle Creek 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape. But with that said Broad Run and Glen Mills are in my top 3 public courses in PA (Love Wyncote though). I shot my personal best 82 at Broad Run on 6/2. I haven't played Glen Mills since the whole closing the school went down I wasn't sure they were even open but it is a great course.

Count me in +1 for the 28th if thats OK...

I played Turtle Creek 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape. But with that said Broad Run and Glen Mills are in my top 3 public courses in PA (Love Wyncote though). I shot my personal best 82 at Broad Run on 6/2. I haven't played Glen Mills since the whole closing the school went down I wasn't sure they were even open but it is a great course.

Count me in +1 for the 28th if thats OK...

82 is great for that course. I always get screwed up because you cant play driver the first few holes lol. Wyncote is also a great one but it's been a few years since I've been there as well.

I am going to start a new thread with the date and golf course. That way we can get a list of who can make it. If you can just go into that thread and let me know can make the day, so I can make the proper tee times. I am thinking of starting between 8 and 9 am.

Not sure if I'm too late here but did you guys decide on a date and is there availability still? I might be interested.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not sure if I'm too late here but did you guys decide on a date and is there availability still? I might be interested.

July 28. There is another thread. Search for unofficial

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

As was just posted. Playing at Glen Mills on July 28th between 8-8:30am. I can always add more THPers. Let me know and I will put your name on.

As was just posted. Playing at Glen Mills on July 28th between 8-8:30am. I can always add more THPers. Let me know and I will put your name on.

Thanks, I'll search for the other thread. Hopefully I can make it.

Back