2019 Desert Classic

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From the Stadium Course in La Quinta, CA. Last year's winner was Jon Rahm.

I'm feeling back in the season groove already, and I like it a lot.

Funny how the season never stops, but these last two tournaments ALWAYS mark the start of my attention again.

I played this course recently and got destroyed on the back 9 after a great front.

These Pros just tear it up every year... it's impressive.

One of my favorites to watch on tv. seeing those mountains.....

Great to see warm weather, anywhere! Golf is just a bonus!

This is a fun one to watch always tough to pick the winner

Phil atop the leaderboard at -5

Chip in for Phil to go to -10 thru 14

Damn Phil is lighting it up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

phil's tearing it up.

in other news, aaron wise always looks like he has the flu. like every step he takes, the look on his face is like he might throw up everywhere.

11 under with 2 to go. Would be one hell of a 59. Sorry for jinxing it.

Couple nights ago I think I heard on Golf Central, on the Golf Channel, that Phil was at Callaway and testing irons. Wonder if he changed this week or went with his gamers.

Great first round to kick off 2019 Lefty.

So much for Father Time catching up to Phil. I guess when you earned 10million beating Tiger you play like your spending house money.

I know it’s been said so many times, but Phil’s short game is legendary. Has to be one of the greatest of all time. Watching the replay last night with that long bunker shot on 14, hits once and stops about 5 feet from hole. Crazy good stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile at the HSBC AbuDhabi Championship Shane Lowry shot a 62 yesterday despite only hitting 4 fairways lol.

Also to note (which I didnt know) due to the stronger field that event is worth more points than the Desert Classic. Winner in AbuDhabi gets 48 points, while Desert classic is only 42.

Meanwhile at the HSBC AbuDhabi Championship Shane Lowry shot a 62 yesterday despite only hitting 4 fairways lol.

Also to note (which I didnt know) due to the stronger field that event is worth more points than the Desert Classic. Winner in AbuDhabi gets 48 points, while Desert classic is only 42.

I love this 3 week span in the UAE. The only bad thing is the horrendous hours that it's on TV makes it hard to watch, lol

Hadwin is now in the lead. He plays so well out here.

Lady running after Phil's wayward drive to pick it up... smh

Phil with another birdie bomb at Alcatraz.
But I'm all aboard the Haddy wagon baby!

Phil with another birdie bomb at Alcatraz.
But I'm all aboard the Haddy wagon baby!

Yeah, that was a bomb, I’m apparently not watching live....whoops!

Back