Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing behind low cappers is awful

Went out for super twilight round at good old Red Tail. Got matched up with a guy and his (grown)son on the front, we are waiting every shot but it was a good time, good peeps. We were doing all the usual...sanding our divots, repairing every ball mark we saw on the green, tossing our trash in the can. They drop off after 9 as did the two groups ahead of them. Cool, I like where this is headed. Play 10, end up waiting on 11. Foursome plays half of ten, sees me waiting, skips ahead to 13. Turns out the two guys I am waiting on are an instructor and his student working on a trouble shot. They step aside, I play 11 and 12, this group is just leaving the 13th green.

I am waiting for them by the time I tee off 14 and get to hear some of their conversation. And brags. No doubt they were good. They were playing from a hair over 6600 yards and playing well. They were mostly hitting the green on the par 3 that was playing 191 from my box, so over 200 from theirs. They were mostly on or around the fairway, a lot of GIR. A lot of smack talk about "birdie gets you nothing, %^&*(" and having a good time.

They also were the absolute worst on the course. Take a giant divot? That is good for the laugh, zero chance they are using the sand buckets. I saw several shots hit the green, 1 ball mark repaired. Spitting sunflower seeds on the green. Oh, and my personal favorite...as I am waiting for them to tee off, I watch all four of them grab the paper cups from the water cooler, suck down water, and throw the cups on the ground. To appreciate exactly how asinine this is, let me paint a picture. As I stand looking at the cooler, the garbage can is one foot to the right. They threw the cups BETWEEN the cooler and the trash can.

Like, really?

I will likely never be confused with a good golfer. Something is always not working. Hole 13 is a fine example. Hit my 3w with a gentle draw 241 down the right center. All day my tee game was well above average for me. I avoided the water left and the water straight and long. I had straight line at the flag that avoided both bits of sand. I had one of my favorite clubs in hand. I proceeded to skull it 76 yards. No worries, that would be my "hit to a number" 95 yard wedge. Which I thought I just nutted...only to watch it come down 70 yards later on the upper edge of the sand where I had no stance. From the perfect drive to a double...

But I will take that over being the low capper as these guys claimed (and had the game) to be, who cuts in front, slows people down, doesn't care for the course, throws trash on the ground. Good for them having fun. Good for them being good. Bad for them being everything bad about golf. Oh, and those holes they skipped? When I was walking off 18, they were halfway down hole 10...you know, the hole they left half played to skip ahead of people.

This is a pretty broad reaching blanket statement about low caps.....if we are going to just start throwing around stereotypes because of some bad seeds, id imagine that this thread could get a bit ugly. To be fair, i totally agree with you. Those guys are completely incompetent pricks. But, i wouldnt go lumping in all low caps into one category unless you want people to start pointing out the stereotypes of high cappers. Both have their stereotypes but both groups also have a ton of golfers who know better.
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

Comment

I my very humble opinion this has nothing to do with skill, but how these asshats were raised and live life.
      Driver: M1 9.5 Won right here on THP!
      Fairway: GBB Epic 3w 14°, GBB EPIC 5w 18°
      Hybrid: X 416 4h 22°
      Irons: Apex CF19 5-AW XP 95
      Wedges: s18 54°, s18 58°
      Putter: Newport 2.0 Tour SNSR Contour Pro
      Grips: MCC +4
      Ball: Round with dimple

Comment

I have never noticed any correlation between the type of behavior you observed (not uncommon at all in my experience) and the handicaps of the players.

Especially on the occasions when I play public courses rather than at my own club, the hacker version is especially common. Except when it's a bunch of bad players they do all the stuff you mention as well as playing 2-3 balls off every tee and then searching endlessly in the woods or rough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by PKorf View Post
          This is a pretty broad reaching blanket statement about low caps.....if we are going to just start throwing around stereotypes because of some bad seeds, id imagine that this thread could get a bit ugly. To be fair, i totally agree with you. Those guys are completely incompetent pricks. But, i wouldnt go lumping in all low caps into one category unless you want people to start pointing out the stereotypes of high cappers. Both have their stereotypes but both groups also have a ton of golfers who know better.
          Ha, yeah, title sure seems click-baity. Perhaps intentionally so? Or in response to the "high cappers play slow" discussion in another thread? But I agree with you you too: D-bags are D-bags no matter their handicap.
          Sun Mountain C-130 or 4.5 Bag:

Epic Flash Driver
          EX 10 Beta 3 Wood
          Epic Flash Heavenwood
          G410 4, 5 Hybrids
          Z 585 6–AW Irons
          Mack Daddy 4 54°, 60° Wedges
          SWAG Handsome One Undressed Putter

Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes | Q-Star Tour Balls

Comment

Quality of play has no bearing on being an asshat.

Asshat's gonna asshat.
            Cobra F8 driver
            Cobra F8 One Length 3H-PW
            Ping G20 AW & SW
            Odyssey #9
            Ogio Shredder bag
            A ball

"Always remember, there are no bad rounds, just high scores."-ChristopherKee

Comment

I don't understand why this has to do with being a low handicap?
              Brian
              --------------------
              In my - LUX 2.0 Black / White 14 Way Cart Bag:
              Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
              3W - CBX 119 15* HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.0 S
              2 Hy - CBX 119 20* EvenFlow Black 85 6.0 S
              4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
              5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
              GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
              SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
              LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
              Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
              Putter - DB2x 34" Pro X 1.32
              Ball - Q Star Tour

2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
              2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
              2018 Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
              2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando
              2019 TEEm Tour Edge Participant
              sigpic

Comment

They are just straight up arseh@#£2. Handicap is a correlation for these but it's not a causation

Comment

Originally posted by Hamfist View Post

Asshat's gonna asshat.
                  This..
                  Brian
                  --------------------
                  Ball - Q Star Tour

2017 THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
                  2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
                  sigpic

Comment

Agree with PKorf - probably don’t want to label these guys as “low cappers” as if having a low HC makes someone an uncaring a**hole.

But these kind of people...just wish your course had a ranger who was an actual Army Ranger and would just beat some sense into them. Just no excuse not to take care of the course
                    driver: Z585 (Project X HZRDUS 5.5)
                    woods: F7 3/4, 5/7, V series Heavenwood
                    hybrids: XR 4h, 5h

irons: Z 565 5-PW (Miyazaki Kaula shafts), JPX919 HM 5 (Recoil 95)
                    wedges: CBX 48*, 54*, 60* (graphite)
                    putter: Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth

"If you're a THPer, you're already one of the cool kids." - blugold

Learning to love the plateau!

Comment

For clarification purposes, all the low caps I have played with were not asshats.
                      Cobra F8 driver
                      Cobra F8 One Length 3H-PW
                      Ping G20 AW & SW
                      Odyssey #9
                      Ogio Shredder bag
                      A ball

"Always remember, there are no bad rounds, just high scores."-ChristopherKee

Comment

Originally posted by Hamfist View Post
                        For clarification purposes, all the low caps I have played with were not asshats.
                        I play with low, scratch, and + players pretty much all the time and this never happens.
                        Brian
                        --------------------
                        Ball - Q Star Tour

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I don't think it has anything to being a low capper as it does with them being douchebags... High cappers could likely be even worse cuz they just want to go and drink a bunch of beer, leave cans everywhere and cigarette butts, and don't keep pace of play

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          Driver- G400 Max with Xstiff KK
                          4 wood- Callaway Rogue w/ Hzrdus Yellow
                          Irons- 4-P Callaway Apex pro 16
                          Wedges- SM7 + MD4
                          Putter- Odyssey 2CSM

Comment

This thread is fun.
                            I was behind a Toyota Prius that was driving slow in the left hand lane last week.
                            I was behind another one that was driving slow yesterday in the left.

Therefore anybody that drives a Prius drives too slow and lane squats in the left lane.
                            In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
                            Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
                            Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
                            Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
                            Fairway Wood:
                            5 Wood
                            Hybrids: Launcher HB
                            Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
                            Wedges:
                            CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
                            Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman