Tiger and Foley Splitting Ways?

Didn't tiger try the whole no coach thing for a while after he came back last year?

I'm a little surprised, if true, that tiger would leave foley now. It seems like Tiger has actually made progress on his long game accuracy as this year progressed, it's been his short game that stunk. Unless foley is continually dismissing the short game, I can't think of why tiger would split at this point

Maybe Tiger ought to dump the whole swing coach thing and just go get some short game lessons from Dave Pelz

Before this recent set of changes he was considered to have the best short game. This may have been a product of the amount of 10' putts he made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the "we're still together" feed the kiss of death for most relationships?

Nah, its the ever popular, "its not you, its me."

See ya later Foley...

I think he should let me coach him. I'm pretty good at playing Tiger on on my XBox. Booya!

Tiger would need to beg Butch to take him back. haha. If I were any coach I wouldn't want to work with him, because he only listens up to a certain point. You even see his swing now, his swing is like a half-a$$ foley model. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPCDjZYQyE

tell ya the truth i dont care who he is with or if he even has a swing coach as long as he starts playing well again.

Interesting rumor and I wouldn't be surprised by a split, but I'll believe when I hear it directly from either of them (Tiger or Foley).

Didn't tiger try the whole no coach thing for a while after he came back last year?

I'm a little surprised, if true, that tiger would leave foley now. It seems like Tiger has actually made progress on his long game accuracy as this year progressed, it's been his short game that stunk. Unless foley is continually dismissing the short game, I can't think of why tiger would split at this point

Foley tried to change Tiger's short game, the one thing that has always been fairly consitant over the years until Foley messed with it.

It would have been fine if Foley would have tried a swing change, but instead he tried to overhaul everything about Tiger's game. The guy has 14 majors....must have been doing something right during that time.

Foley tried to change Tiger's short game, the one thing that has always been fairly consitant over the years until Foley messed with it.

It would have been fine if Foley would have tried a swing change, but instead he tried to overhaul everything about Tiger's game. The guy has 14 majors....must have been doing something right during that time.

I kind of agree with Foley messing with his short game. I understand Foley is trying to simplify Tigers full swing which he really needed especially off the tee. The fact that he messed with his short game was a mistake. I think Foley made his short game too mechanical and took away Tiger's "feel".

I think He just follow his friend Sean O'hair.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Foley messed with Tiger's short game. Tiger went through all of the changes with Butch and Haney. Tiger believes that the short game is an extension of the full
Swing. This is not a philosophy of Foley's.

If this helps Tiger come back and show that he is still a force to be reckoned with, I'm all for it. Huge Tiger fan on the course, he makes golf more exciting and I love watching him play amazing golf.

Honestly I think this would be a great move on Tiger's part, even if he just works without a coach. He needs to get his head on right.

This would be great. Sadly, Tiger needs to at some point take accountability for his swing again. He made the choice to go to Foley. Noone forced him.

I'm not sure Foley messed with Tiger's short game. Tiger went through all of the changes with Butch and Haney. Tiger believes that the short game is an extension of the full
Swing. This is not a philosophy of Foley's.

heard a couple of commentaters say that Tiger is applying Sean's full swing thoughts to his short game as well. Of course they brought it up whenever Tiger hit a bad chip/pitch.

Look at Foley's students and they all have one thing in common, crap short games.

True but he did the same with Butch and Haney...He may be one of the only pros to adopt this approach.
Phil has a swing coachm puuting coach and short game coach. Rory has two coaches, A lot of the guys have more than one coach. Tiger employees one swing thought from head to toe. That is why I said Foley did mess up his short game.
Tiger has been off by his standard (Memorial) and all of ours but his play of late (Augusta) is showing signs of improvement.

heard a couple of commentaters say that Tiger is applying Sean's full swing thoughts to his short game as well. Of course they brought it up whenever Tiger hit a bad chip/pitch.

True but he did the same with Butch and Haney...He may be one of the only pros to adopt this approach.
Phil has a swing coachm puuting coach and short game coach. Rory has two coaches, A lot of the guys have more than one coach. Tiger employees one swing thought from head to toe. That is why I said Foley did mess up his short game.
Tiger has been off by his standard (Memorial) and all of ours but his play of late (Augusta) is showing signs of improvement.

Tiger even feels that the putting stroke is a mini form of the full swing. Though it's probably too easy to blame ALL short game trouble on Sean Foley.

Watching "Live From the Players" on golf channel. Watching live footage from the range and it showed Tiger alone with the Nike rep and a few others around, then Foley comes over, shakes his hand, talks a bit, but then walked away. Wasn't 30 seconds later and Tiger picked his stuff up and walked over to a chipping area. Seemed a little less friendly between the two. Could just be that Sean was busy, but he more or less just talked rather than looked to be offering advice to Tiger.

Watching "Live From the Players" on golf channel. Watching live footage from the range and it showed Tiger alone with the Nike rep and a few others around, then Foley comes over, shakes his hand, talks a bit, but then walked away. Wasn't 30 seconds later and Tiger picked his stuff up and walked over to a chipping area. Seemed a little less friendly between the two. Could just be that Sean was busy, but he more or less just talked rather than looked to be offering advice to Tiger.

They spent hours together yesterday at Isleworth though.

Back