Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putter Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Everyone knows Scotty Cameron, and everyone knows just how successful the brand of putters has been on the worldwide stage for decades. While Scotty Cameron and company continue to evolve the brand by releasing both refined as well as new designs, one thing they have always been exceptional at is seizing the moment to re-imagine a successful design and bring it into the present. 

That is much of the case with the new Scotty Cameron Champions Choice release which is dropping on August 6, 2021. Well, with the exception that this time they are taking arguably their most iconic, and to this day sought after, designs ever and giving it a makeover.

What is Champions Choice you are likely asking? In simplest terms, it is the return of the legendary Button Back. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
ill take all three :love:

Can't say I love the name. But do love the looks. Would be a fun one to bag if I wasn't already oversaturated with putters.

Newport 2 Button Back 😍

Can't say I love the name. But do love the looks. Would be a fun one to bag if I wasn't already oversaturated with putters.
you can never.... I mean NEVER.... have too many putters

• Staff
I’m eager to see one in hand at some point. The Button Back is still IMO the best he’s ever done, and these look really good. The name also makes sense to me because the model has in face been the champions choice.

Way out of my price range and I have never been much of a Scotty fan, but I really do like the looks of these.

• Staff
That 5.5….. 👀

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!! These are beautiful!

Beautiful design from Scotty. The price tag got a big gulp from me. But the Newport 2 is beautiful and would be my choice of the bunch.

Are the putter shafts black? They dont look silver from the pic.

When I saw "Champion's Choice," I smiled, thinking "the marketing team has done it again." But Scotty makes a good putter. The last Scotty I owned was a Newport 2 in about 2002. But I do like the mallet.

Are the putter shafts black? They dont look silver from the pic.
I believe they’re chrome and it’s just the lighting of the pictures.

Gawd I would love to have one of these putters. There’s just something about the classic look and with the copper face and red, white, and blue… :love:

The execution was very solid. I've really not been a fan of his new milling style, so to see him go the subtle shallow mill approach was really pleasing.

That said, flange lines are a no go. Broke my heart.

Those are sweet looking!!!

Great looking putters! That 6 bill price tag though…

I heard about these and I am getting one... I have always always always wanted a button back..

That diagonal triple track is not very appealing to me. Pretty tame in looks.

Like the insert though.

i don't mind the price tag given what button backs go for on the secondary market. but i guess i'm in the minority on the embellishments, i think they look really stupid. i'd be ok with a little embellishment on the sole, but i don't like those racing stripes at all. kinda ruins the whole presentation for me.

1) they look great, love when Scotty gets a little outside the box.
2) flange lines....eeeeew
3) last time Scotty mentioned "high tech dampening material" it was a strip of 3M double sided tape. Hopefully better this time.

The Champions Choice on the sole looks cheap to me. I think Scotty's name alone speaks well for any of his putters. The insert is ok but the whole thing does'nt wow me for the cost.

Back