The ICON EV Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you own one? Interested in one? Just want to discuss the brand? This thread is for you.

Carribean_Blue_Icon_i40_with_Two_Tone_Seats_1_598x.jpeg

I own a 2020 I60L in white. So far, I have loved it. After shopping it around, it was the best value for the money. Having an on-board charger is way more convenient that I ever expected it to be. So far, I have been impressed. I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Nope but it is a good looking cart.

• Admin
Ours is scheduled for delivery on Friday I believe. We will post up some pics when it comes in.

Nice!!

@JB so will you be keeping it at your club or ar your house/HQ?

• Admin
@JB so will you be keeping it at your club or ar your house/HQ?
It will stay at our house. @Canadan talk a bit about this in this week's Off Course coming up on Friday. We cannot use our own cart on our course, but it is transportation to and from. As well as a number of other things for around the neighborhood.

We had an EZ-GO previously.

This is a timely thread! My wife has been pushing for one in the neighborhood. I looked at EZ-GO but haven’t looked at the ICON yet.

This is a timely thread! My wife has been pushing for one in the neighborhood. I looked at EZ-GO but haven’t looked at the ICON yet.
I had a 2014 4 seater EZGO before the ICON. I liked it but the ICON is nicer, in my opinion as far as what you get. The frame is certainly more substantial and the suspension is better from factory. The downside is part availability, potentially.

Also, I was able to reprogram my ICON myself to go faster, and a few other things. The EZGO required a specific proprietary programming tool to unlock more speed, which I found annoying.

Here is the current Dill mobile. The only aftermarket items are the speaker system and the LED kit. I installed both myself, and built that custom mounting plate with the fuse box and amp you see in one of the pictures. LED kit was from Amazon and gets programmed from the phone.

B3E60ECA-EDC9-443F-8AD1-3AB3DE112434.jpeg5906E06D-C034-4992-BDAF-6A40D99B4E6C.jpegEC4A4F72-3275-4766-97CF-737EFF9B5751.jpeg6B16A342-0D63-4EB4-BC96-D79DE2DC91BC.jpeg17CE47B4-5E91-48B5-BC6C-E7BB4C3B2B28.jpegB6D040B9-9693-4C76-8897-0B3D7443914A.jpegC9166171-BCF1-4357-ABE1-E8CE2B75EDBC.jpeg64D544BF-CAC4-4507-923C-25B2085AED06.jpeg

Looking good @BigDill
Bluetooth speakers or running off something else?

Looking good @BigDill
Bluetooth speakers or running off something else?
Bluetooth receiver into an amp, to the speakers. It’s basically an MTX pod system made for an all-terrain mud vehicle like a Polaris. Overall, it sounds great but it wasn’t worth the effort. If I did it again, I would use one of the sound bar systems that has the amp built in. This one gave me fits because the MTX Bluetooth receiver and controller I installed in the dash had awful whining feedback. I switched to a JL Audio marine one and now it’s way better, but not gone.

All of that said, it’s really loud and sounds great.

Bluetooth receiver into an amp, to the speakers. It’s basically an MTX pod system made for an all-terrain mud vehicle like a Polaris. Overall, it sounds great but it wasn’t worth the effort. If I did it again, I would use one of the sound bar systems that has the amp built in. This one gave me fits because the MTX Bluetooth receiver and controller I installed in the dash had awful whining feedback. I switched to a JL Audio marine one and now it’s way better, but not gone.

All of that said, it’s really loud and sounds great.
Gotcha. I have looked at sound bars as well as even simpler items

My next upgrades will be custom upholstery on the seats in black and white, and installing some 1” wheel spacers I have to widen the wheelbase a bit and make it more stable at 30 mph.

My next upgrades will be custom upholstery on the seats in black and white, and installing some 1” wheel spacers I have to widen the wheelbase a bit and make it more stable at 30 mph.
I very much want to get some larger wheels without having to lift. I think I could go to 12s

I very much want to get some larger wheels without having to lift. I think I could go to 12s
I’ll measure mine, but I think you can if you went with street tires and not the knobby pool floats I have. The bigger issue is usually width and rubbing when turning. If you are going with the low profile look (which I love, my last cart had it) then you won’t want wheel spacers if you can avoid it.

I’ll measure mine, but I think you can if you went with street tires and not the knobby pool floats I have. The bigger issue is usually width and rubbing when turning. If you are going with the low profile look (which I love, my last cart had it) then you won’t want wheel spacers if you can avoid it.
I believe you are right. I prefer street tires and love the low pro look, so that might work well.

I had a 2014 4 seater EZGO before the ICON. I liked it but the ICON is nicer, in my opinion as far as what you get. The frame is certainly more substantial and the suspension is better from factory. The downside is part availability, potentially.

Also, I was able to reprogram my ICON myself to go faster, and a few other things. The EZGO required a specific proprietary programming tool to unlock more speed, which I found annoying.
All good info! Thanks. Not sure how my wife is going to feel about me reprogramming it but I guess what she doesn’t know won’t hurt me! 😂

All good info! Thanks. Not sure how my wife is going to feel about me reprogramming it but I guess what she doesn’t know won’t hurt me! 😂
The ICON carts are faster than most as standard as well.

One thing that people should know about the ICON is that the headlines are not great. They are plenty bright, but even in low beam mode they are really high. So people are constantly flashing me (and not on a good way).

The ICON carts are faster than most as standard as well.
That’s good. Not looking to race around the neighborhood but don’t want to creep either.

One thing that people should know about the ICON is that the headlines are not great. They are plenty bright, but even in low beam mode they are really high. So people are constantly flashing me (and not on a good way).
Can you adjust the angle of the headlights? Maybe they just need to be lowered so they don’t hit drivers in the eyes. Or are they just that super bright LED?

That’s good. Not looking to race around the neighborhood but don’t want to creep either.
25 is stock, but 30 is good if you are on residential/community roads if there isn’t a large golf cart presence. It’s just fast enough where people don’t ride your tuchus.
Can you adjust the angle of the headlights? Maybe they just need to be lowered so they don’t hit drivers in the eyes. Or are they just that super bright LED?
They are just too high. You would think that you can adjust them, especially because they have an “adjuster”. But you need to do a ton of work to get to it, including removing the fender and basically the light, and it makes an insignificant difference. I even tried the old “washers behind the screw trick” and none of it worked. My next guess would be just adding an eyebrow in vinyl.

Do you own one? Interested in one? Just want to discuss the brand? This thread is for you.

View attachment 9017750
It will stay at our house. @Canadan talk a bit about this in this week's Off Course coming up on Friday. We cannot use our own cart on our course, but it is transportation to and from. As well as a number of other things for around the neighborhood.

We had an EZ-GO previously.
But when does it get kitted to look like a ‘66 Bronco is the real question?

Cart arrived. Pics coming tomorrow, but man is it fast. Hit 30 right out of the box.

Back